Annex Family Festival
The Annex Family Festival is a free downtown extravaganza stretching from Spadina to Bathurst where pedestrians can enjoy the vibrancy of The Annex, its local businesses, as well as great festival entertainment, food and activities.
• Carnival-themed children’s village with midway rides, face painting, arts and crafts, life-sized chess, skateboard and scooter lessons and much more
• Street buskers and performers including Brant, the Fire Guy with surprise circus performer and The Hula Family
• Local music acts, curated by The Tranzac Club, give a special nod to the PanAm Games, and perform at the Festival Mainstage (Bloor and Brunswick): Frozen Characters - Anna, Elsa and Kristoff at 12 noon, followed by Randolph Academy Showcase, Brazilian Choro Music, Spadina Station, Colombian Lido Pimienta, The Chronicles Dub Trio (Reggae), Jaron Freeman-Fox (Indie Folk), and Jay Danley Jazz Quintet
• Hot Docs Cinema will be offering free entry to kids under 16 to enjoy two films - The Muppet Movie (1-2:30 pm) and I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story (3:30-4:30 pm)
• Over 120 craft and specialty food vendors
• Look for booths identified as Green Living, Health and Wellness and Children’s Pathway
• Energetic fitness demos with the MNjcc
• A lively street parade with Marching Bands: Kensington Horns (Richard Underhill) & The Woodshed Orchestra (Dave Clark), starting at either end of the Festival along Bloor, at Spadina and Bathurst, starting at 11:00 am.
• All day pop-up performances by Toronto FRINGE