ALERT: Please be advised that due to COVID-19 the events section is not currently being maintained. Events listed here are likely rescheduled or canceled and new submissions will not be approved.
All About 1867 - Canada's Great Lakes Ships and Shipwrecks
Discover the exciting stories of several Canadian ships from the year 1867, the year Canada became a country!
* The most visited shipwreck in all of the Great Lakes - The Sweepstakes
* The shipwreck that set the Great Lakes abuzz when it was found in 1975
* A shallow water ghost ship, unidentified for over 120 year, finally identified in 2016
* A steamship burned in 1867 but rose from the ashes as a rebuild vessel, only to become a major disaster in Georgian Bay five years later
* A ship, wrecked in Canada's 50th year and found by scuba divers in Canada's 100th year...one of the most tragic stories and amazing stories to come out of the Great Lakes
Presented by Cris Kohl and Joan Forsberg, two of the Great Lakes' most prolific maritime historians and underwater photographers as part of celebrating Canada's 150th birthday. The husband-and-wife team are also underwater archaeologists certified by the Nautical Archaeological Society of Great Britain and authors of 16 books, 16 documentaries, and have written over 300 articles.
Drop in. No registration required.