Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- 86'd Monday at The Drake Hotel (1150 Queen Street West) features a Breakfast Sandwich Battle this Monday, February 29 at 8 p.m. Competitors include the Tuck Shop Kitchen, Uncle Smoke BBQ, Portland Variety, Dundas Park Kitchen.
- TIFF's Food on Film series kicks off at the Bell Lightbox (350 King Street West) at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, March 2 with a screening of The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover. Culinary expert and Executive Vice President of the James Beard Foundation, Mitchell Davis leads a discussion following the film that will consider the power and history of food in the context of Peter Greenaway's controversial classic.
- Chef Michael Kirkwood is offering a workshop on Whole Hog Butchery on Monday, March 7 at The Depanneur (1033 College Street). The cost is $50 for the evening event offering step by step instruction breaking down a whole animal plus the chance to sample dishes and take home a few cuts.
- George Brown College presents a Tea Dinner with on Wednesday, March 9 at 6 p.m. Tickets are $85 per person for this multi course meal guided by certified tea sommelier Raelene Gannon.
- U-Feast hosts A Wild Affair, a fundraiser in support of Second Harvest on Thursday, March 10 at Sassafraz (100 Cumberland Street). Tickets are $150 (with charitable tax receipts issued for $50) for the four course meal featuring wild-caught sturgeon, game and foraged ingredients from chefs Michael Hunter (Antler) and Geoff Webb (Sassafraz).
- Toronto's Sugar Beach will be transformed into a QuĂŠbec-style sugar shack the weekend of March 12 and 13. Look forward to maple syrup tastings, food trucks, live performances, skating and food trucks.
Know of a Toronto food event coming up? Email email@example.com
Photo of Antler by Jesse Milns.