Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Popera returns to Drake One Fifty (150 York Street) on Saturday, December 12 from 5 p.m. The Canadian Opera Company teams up with the restaurant for a festive spin featuring an intimate performance by COC Ensemble Studio members followed by a three course dinner. Enjoy the performance and dinner for $50.
- The Office Pub (117 John Street) presents Spicy Bananza, a hand-to-mouth Sri Lankan feast on Sunday, December 13 from 5:30 p.m. The menu opens with samosas, mutton rolls and fish cutlets, followed by chicken and goat curries, assorted vegetable accompaniments, and caramel pudding for dessert. Just don't expect plates or silverware. Tickets are $60 including two drink tickets.
- Soi Thai (651 College Street) hosts a Thai street food tasting with Toronto Common on Wednesday, December 16 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets are $25 for the family-style feast including a trio of special Thai drinks.
- The Stratford Chef School presents a culinary collaboration featuring chef Gabrielle Hamilton at Richmond Station (1 Richmond Street West) on Sunday January 17. Tickets are $150 for the four course meal served from 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Experience Malaysian food and culture on Saturday, January 23 at the Malaysian Bazaar happening at the William Doo Auditorium in New College at U of T (46 Willcocks Street). Look forward to dishes like Nasi Lemak, Rendang, and kuih-muih.
Know of a Toronto food event coming up? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo of Soi Thai.