Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Veg Food Fest is on this weekend from September 11 to 13 at the Harbourfront Centre. Admission is free for access to food vendors, sampling opportunities, cooking demos, expert talks, and a beer and wine garden.
- The first ever Kothu Fest takes place on Sunday, September 13 at the Scarborough Civic Centre (150 Borough Drive). The celebration is free to attend and revolves around the Sri Lankan dish, Kothu Roti offered by vendors from across the GTA.
- Taste of the Kingsway runs along Bloor Street West between Prince Edward Dr. and Montgomery Rd., this weekend from September 11 to 13. Look froward to international cuisines, fresh food markets, midway rides and live entertainers.
- Chef & Somm presents Hummus & Chardonnay on Friday, September 25 at The Richmond (477 Richmond St. W, Suite 104. The 7-course dinner paired with wines from Southbrook Vineyards will support the Sojourn House Canadaand aims to raise awareness of the Syrian refugee situation.
- VIP tickets are still available for the Evergreen Asado BBQ happening at the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Ave.) on Saturday, September 26. The South American-style festival is a fundraiser event promising 40 top chefs barbecuing on open-air parilla barbecues.
- Food Truck Festival Ontario is fast approaching. The rally featuring sample sized street eats for $6 or less will take place on Sunday, September 27, from 1pm to 7pm at Downsview Park (35 Carl Hall Rd.). Tickets are available now for $10, or can be purchased at the gate for $15.
Photo from Kothu Fest facebook page.