Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- AwesTRUCK at Celebration Square in Mississauga kicks off tonight, Friday, September 5 at 5pm and continues Saturday, September 6 at 6pm. Admission to the food truck rally is free.
- The Veg Food Fest takes place at Harbourfront Centre this weekend (September 5-7). The free three-day event will feature food from 130 vendors, competition cook-offs, demos and guest speakers.
- Taste of the Kingsway takes over the stretch of Bloor West near Royal York station this weekend from September 5 to 7. The family-friendly fall street fest will feature local vendors, beer and wine gardens, entertainers, a midway, a dog show, a car show and more.
- 86'd Monday at The Drake Hotel (1150 Queen St. West) returns from summer vacation at 8pm on Monday, September 8 with the Devour! Food Film Festival Preview. Party with the crew from Nova Scotia's film fest devoted to food as well as celebrity guests Bob Blumer and Jason Priestley.
- Registration is open now for the Ride 4 Real Food, a city to farm bike-a-thon happening Sunday, September 14 in support of Co-Op Credit food security program in Parkdale.
- Steam Whistle has announced details for its traditional Oktoberfest Party happening Saturday, September 20th from 2pm to 11pm at the brewery (255 Bremner Blvd.). The festivities will include authentic German food, folk music and entertainment, and of course, Steam Whistle pilsner. Tickets are $30 at the door and include a souvenir stein to take home.
Photo of Taste of the Kingsway by Elizabeth Martin.