Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Baconfest returns to the Leslieville Farmers' Market for its third year this Sunday, August 17. The competitive cookoff will bring together 40 vendors who will go head to head with their best bacon-infused recipes at Jonathan Ashbridge Park from 9am to 2pm.
- The Toronto Summer BBQ and Ribfest kicks off at Downsview Park Festival Terrace today, Friday August 15, and runs until Sunday, August 17. In addition to great BBQ, the all-day event will feature family friendly entertainment, rides and activities.
- MakeWorks presents the Toronto Brunch Market on Sunday, August 17 at 1139 College St. over two sessions. Admission is $15 at the door to enjoy food samples priced between $3 and $8, plus $5 caesars.
- Yours Truly hosts a BBQ in the parking lot behind the restaurant at 229 Ossington on Sunday, August 17. Happening from 2pm to 10pm, food and drink will be priced at $5 each.
- Voodoo Child (388 College St.) hosts a sporadic buck-a-shuck oyster night this Thursday, August 22 from 7pm.
- The Depanneur (1033 College St.) hosts a Taste of the Birchwood Kitchen supper club with Chef Michael Kirkwood on Sunday, September 7 at 7:30pm. Tickets are $40, and it's BYOB as always.
- Tickets for the Delicious Food Show headlined by Mario Batali are on sale now. Taking place October 17 to 19 at the Direct Energy Centre, the 3-day event will feature celebrity chef workshops and demos, cook-offs, food trucks and lots of exhibitors.
UPDATE: Summer BBQ and Ribfest and Toronto Brunch Market have been cancelled by their respective organizers. We apologize for any inconvenience.