Friday, April 18, 2014Light Rain Shower 11°C
Tech

Apple iPhone Screen Repair in Toronto

Posted by Lauren Souch / December 26, 2011

toronto iphone repairDoes your new Apple iPhone need a screen repair? There are plenty of Toronto stores that will do the trick. In what is becoming a booming business in Toronto as iPhone (and iPad) sales continue to soar, iPhone repair (particularly glass and screen repair) does exist beyond your friendly local Apple retail store. Here are seven Toronto options for where to repair your broken iPhone screen. These stores will generally be able to repair all iPhone models include the 3, 3gs and 4.

iRepair.ca
494 College St and 2109 Yonge St.
I've heard nothing but good things about iRepair.ca, and a quick Google search revealed the rumours are true. This place has tons of positive reviews. My friend with a cracked 3gs screen had it replaced here in under 30 minutes for $70. iRepair claims most problems can be fixed in under 40 minutes while you wait, which is comparable (and cheaper) than the service you'll get at Apple. They also offer free diagnostics and a 24-hour mail in repair service for those of us who don't want to brave the world sans-smartphone.

Ming Wireless
250 Dundas St. West, Unit 106
While Ming Wireless doesn't offer too much that's different from the other shops on this list, they do repair all iPhone models - including the older 2G for those who imported from the US before Canada got the iPhone. Ming Wireless offers one-hour while-you-wait repair or a mail-in service. There's no published prices (prices are quoted once inspected by an on-site technician) but for those replacing a cracked screen they'll toss in a free screen protector with the repair.

iRepex
6013 Yonge Street, Unit 302
For those a little more north of the downtown core, iRepex offers repair solutions for all sorts of problems in 30 minutes while-you-wait - the fastest service time claim I've seen yet. The techs here will deal with cracked screens, battery issues, dim or white LCDs, and will even take a look at - and attempt to tackle - a poor, water-damaged unit.

iShopRepair.ca
102A-1075 Bay Street
If you're feeling ambitious, iShopRepair offers clients the choice of purchasing strictly parts and bucking down for a DIY repair job at home - complete with free fix-it guides and technical support calls to get you through the challenge. Of course, they also offer free diagnostics, in-store while-you-wait repair services for the non-technical, and have a 24-hour mail in service as well. iShopRepair is more expensive than some of the other options - a cracked screen repair here runs between $70 (on sale) to $150.

RepairStore by Gamerama
2370 Yonge Street
RepairStore is one of the older electronics repair shops in the city - they've been around for over 16 years, meaning they have experience repairing everything from ancient, gargantuan antenna phones, to first gen smartphones, to the latest in cellular technology. They offer a one-hour while-you-wait repair service, and the cost to repair a cracked screen here ranges from $40 - $110, depending on your iPhone model and which part of the screen is broken.

Toronto Repair
4675 Steeles Ave. East, 2nd Floor, Unit 2B19
East-enders, fear not: we've got a store for you, too. Toronto Repair deals with any and all iPhones - whether first gen or fifth gen - and repair common and rare problems like cracked screens, button replacements, proximity sensor replacement, WiFi repair, and silver bezel replacement. Toronto Repair claims a 30 minute, while-you-wait repair time.

Apple Store
Multiple locations
Although likely the most expensive place to get your phone repaired sans-warranty, the official Apple Store also offers one of the best repair services in the city - if he who built it can't fix it, who else can? I've heard repairs for a cracked screen on the 3gs can run somewhere in the area of $199 - $250. It's always worth checking with Apple for a repair before going elsewhere, because even though they don't technically cover an iPhone smashing onto a bar floor, I've heard stories of kind Genius employees taking pity on the broken iPhone holder.

Have you had any experiences with iPhone screen and glass repair in Toronto? Is your favourite repair shop missing from this list? Leave a comment below!

Photo by jayhauf on Flickr.

Greg / December 26, 2011 at 11:00 am
I've been to irepair.ca on college a couple of times and I have to say their customer service is superb. Very positive vibe,great staff.Very fast service. 10 out of 10.
Jark / December 26, 2011 at 11:38 am
I had excellent service at IRepair when I smashed the back of my Iphone and would definitely recommend them.
iRepair / December 26, 2011 at 12:04 pm
i also think iRepair is the best. goooooooo iRepair!

Frank / December 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm
iRepex does an amazing job with water-damaged units and broken glass.
They repaired my hapless phone in 45 minutes and were incredibly reasonable.
marlon / December 26, 2011 at 12:16 pm
anyone know of a place in toronto that repairs kindle screens?
taylor / December 26, 2011 at 12:40 pm
ishoprepair.ca was really conveniently located for me (about 5 minutes from my work) but i'm not really pleased with the job they did replacing my screen. i don't think it was sealed in properly and i can see dust accumulating under the new glass. my 30 day guarantee is up now, though, so not sure there's much i can do about it.
Dan / December 26, 2011 at 12:42 pm
+1 for iRepair.
RIchard / December 26, 2011 at 03:32 pm
So many positive comments for iRepair in such a short time? Methinks an IP check should be done....
Larry / December 26, 2011 at 04:02 pm
Irepair was actually one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had. The diagnosis was vague and when my phone was returned to me, it stopped working in a couple of days. They did nothing to solve the problem. I would much rather be safe and go to the apple store.
YeahReally / December 26, 2011 at 04:07 pm
It's so blatantly obvious those comments were posted by someone affiliated with the store.
. / December 26, 2011 at 04:32 pm
IREPAIR SUCKS ASS. COMMENTS ARE FAKE AND IREPAIR CANT EVEN AFFORD TO RUN REAL ADS.
MER1978 / December 26, 2011 at 06:05 pm
It's amazing how popular the iPhone remains when it seems like practically everyone who owns one eventually is faced with a fully shattered screen.
Dov Eles / December 26, 2011 at 06:37 pm
I cracked my crappy BB Storm screen two times and iRepex fixed it both times within an hour or so. This was about two years ago and I don't think iRepair was open yet so it was worth the trip up. It is, however, almost as far North as you can go in the city and is not a trek for the weak (or those on bikes as I choose to do).
jark replying to a comment from YeahReally / December 26, 2011 at 06:54 pm
I'm in no way affiliated with the store... just had a good experience and would recommend them!
DiscoDon / December 26, 2011 at 07:11 pm
iRepair did a couple quick fixes gratis for me, opened up my iPhone twice on different days, nice guys. I'd recommend them.
Joo / December 26, 2011 at 11:19 pm
Irepair can turn a 4 to a 4s by turning on a hidden switch inside your iPhone... $5
belvedere replying to a comment from Joo / December 27, 2011 at 01:28 am
u r so full of shit ur eyes r brown and dripping diarrheal tears. the 4s has a dual core A5 chip and the 4 has an A4. u r a piece of shit and so must be this irepair ripoff shit place.

let this be a warning to ppl needing a repair. stay the hell away from irepair.
Jenn / December 28, 2011 at 05:52 pm
My iPhone 3Gs screen cracked and did an Internet search for a place to fix it and found iRepair, I read all the reviews and decided to bring my phone there. I brought it in and was out in less then a 1/2 hour with my iPhone repaired. The guy there was so nice, service was fast and recommended them to all my friends. I am unsure as to why some people have such a hate on for iRepair. They are a great business.
Knox / January 2, 2012 at 04:33 pm
. For the ones that drive there's a place on Derry road an tomken who does screen repairs for the 3G/s for $25 and $80 for a 4. He did my 3GS in only 15min for $25 No BS. I'll gladly post the number but I don't want to be accused of spam, so check kijiji.
Mella replying to a comment from Greg / February 15, 2012 at 04:03 am
hello,
i got to kown from comments that iRepair is very good, do they import parts?
Steve / March 9, 2012 at 08:08 pm
Just stopped at iRepex (On Yonge St., north of Finch) for a $65 cracked-screen replacement (front). It was done for $65 (incl. taxes) in just 20 minutes. Excellent job! Cheapest in Toronto!
Arash / May 16, 2012 at 10:40 pm
Please make sure you have the correct website address for us, cause right now when you click on irepex it takes you to a different website. Thank you
Josie replying to a comment from www.irepex.com / June 3, 2012 at 06:09 pm
That's right the website address these guys posted is wrong, this shows blogto.com do not even care about these comments and they don't take it serious and the information they provide is not accurate. Hope someone from blogto.com read this and consider it.
MikeTheMan / July 28, 2012 at 11:04 am
It's nice seeing blogs that are helping people find out good places to find cell phone repair.. I thought the only place I could go to fix my iphone was the apple store.. but after reading the blog I searched online and found a place in calgary that does cell phone repairs.. If anybody needs a recommendation (in calgary) I can say +1 for http://wirelessrepairsolutions.ca
pumpkin / August 4, 2012 at 02:49 am
I went to Stellar on College. They fixed me up fast and let me watch!
iphone screen replacements / August 11, 2012 at 03:03 am
Nice post! They're very influential and useful. Thank you very much and thanks for post it!
Barb / August 18, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Just went Toronto Repair and was very happy with results. Eddie fixed changed my cracked screen for my iPhone 4 in 15 minutes! While there I picked up a new case amd anti glare screen protector and he explained why it was better for my clumsy hands (my words not his). In and out and only $70.00. Very friendly with no sales pitches and you can watch while he repairs it.
Wing Wireless stole my battery / August 26, 2012 at 10:02 pm
Ming Wireless returned my repaired phone with a different battery that quickly lost its charge. Now I'm stuck with a battery that won't hold a charge longer than a couple hours. I went back to complain but the repair man just yelled at me until I went away. Do not trust Ming Wireless.
Zed bee / August 29, 2012 at 03:25 pm
Found a dinky place in china town that fixed my screen in 20 minutes for 60 bucks flat. They were so professional I thought they deserved some recognition. It's actually a watch repair place so don't be fooled
302 Spadina, just north of dundas on the west side. Called Feng Yi Clock & Watch Ltd

Sidenote: I don't think they speak English, good luck
iPad screen replacement / September 4, 2012 at 06:37 am
Hello..
Great!! I really liked the information you have shared. I think, iRepair is the best. Thanks for providing such a wonderful information. I just loved it. :)
Lisa / September 10, 2012 at 07:56 am
I havent been really pleased with irepair so far. Been twice for a home button repair (it does not not work well when i use it from time to time) and it hasn't been fixed yet!

The first time a guy told me it was certainly the button who was deffective but when I came back he told me he only had to clean the iPhone after all. So it worked like a charm for like 3 hours and the problem came back. Since the warranty last for 6 months, I went back. They changed the home button but the problem is still there. So I will certainly go back for the third time... I won't go to see them again next time. Apple would have resolved the problem faster I guess. (but it would have been more expensive)
Tom / October 20, 2012 at 04:41 pm
irepair is pretty bad. had an issue with the home button, didnt seem to fix it and phone got worse after four days. would do nothing about it. waste of money.
Jack / October 25, 2012 at 05:43 am
These guys are best for all on the spot iphone repair toront I have been to mississauga location, now they have in toronto at 124 jarvis st.
Jack replying to a comment from Jack / October 25, 2012 at 05:44 am
sorry spelt it wrong, it is www.KmasterElectronics.com
Loafer / October 29, 2012 at 02:43 pm
After waiting for 15 minutes for iRepair to open this morning I got fed up and shot up to Toronto Repair on Steeles. Awesome.... Eddy is a really nice guy and did it in about 20 minutes, all for only $60
I would certainly recommend anyone with a car to go up there.
Sabrii / November 16, 2012 at 02:46 pm
RepairStore by Gamerama ... I cracked my Iphone screen and called them and went the same day. The guys there are great! The fixed my phone right infront of me and it took about 30 min. Recomend these guys working there to everyone.
Iphone Repair / December 17, 2012 at 05:25 pm
DSD Mobile, is a another similar company located in Toranto, Canada offering services of iphone & black berry rearing. Call (905) 412-3172 for more info.
Leszek Krakowski / December 23, 2012 at 07:38 am
Our Company specialise in repairs for iPhone 3g,iphone 3gs repair,iphone 4 repair,iphone 4s repair,iphone 5 repair and IPod Repairs:iPod Touch,iPod Nano,iPod Classic,iPads and much more.
KMO / December 23, 2012 at 01:32 pm
If you want to know how to fix a iphone screen yourself, you can see the step by step video tutorials posted at www.kingsmarketonline.com.
charlene / January 9, 2013 at 04:04 pm
How come owners above keep giving themselve good comment. They have to be real from customers, all I see the actual review are negative on the map itself
Apple Repair Specialists / January 16, 2013 at 01:24 am
Really a good one. Thanks for sharing the post.

Gadget and Gizmo Repair
Ming Wireless Hair / January 22, 2013 at 01:34 am
I went to Ming Wireless to get the LCD screen fixed, and when it was returned there was a hair inside the screen. When I brought it up to them, they waved it off like it was nothing.
Ryan / February 14, 2013 at 05:37 pm
I've been to iRepair but they said they couldn't fix my phone. i went down the street to Stellar Cellular and they gave me a great deal and awesome service. I recommend them to anyone with ANY cellphone repair
Mark Dowling / February 23, 2013 at 08:57 am
Interesting to see the comments above re:Ming Wireless. We've been lucky with them at our office,as we send our Blackberrys there without a bad experience to date and have recommended it to colleagues with personal/kids iPhones. Opening hours could be earlier though. Beats the hell out of giving Rogers $$$ because they consider a keyboard failure "wear and tear"
Dot / February 26, 2013 at 06:41 pm
iRepex just fixed the broken glass on my iPad - in 2 hours, for $80 plus tax, as promised. My iPad is now as good as new.
Saleem Karodia / March 1, 2013 at 12:58 am
I tried another place called EZ Connect Solutions in Toronto for my screen repair and got it done on the spot for $50. Seemed like an actual repair centre as opposed to a small tech shop.
Admin / March 11, 2013 at 10:53 am
Great!! I really liked the information you have shared. I think, iRepair is the best site. It's really help me. Thanks for providing such a wonderful information. I just loved it.
aaron / March 17, 2013 at 08:05 am
I think that iRepair is a good one for repair your iPhone.
iPhoneTurnhout / March 21, 2013 at 11:12 am
Thanks for rounding up these stores!
damian / April 5, 2013 at 01:36 pm
Hey there, you've created a nice blog. I'm very impressed. I 'm trying to reach your site from my mobile but not responding well.
daniel / May 3, 2013 at 02:02 am
I used ez connect solutions to fix my iphone screen for $35 only and they had it done within 25 minutes. great place!
cathy / June 7, 2013 at 11:11 am
How are you?
Sorry to bother you.These are what we can do:
we can recycle the IPHONE 4/4S/5 broken&working lcd;
we can provide the new IPHONE 4/4S/5 lcd;
we can provide the refubish sevice for IPHONE 4/4S/5 lcd.
Please let me know if you are intersted in it.We can do a good price for you.Thanks!

Regards,
Cathy
Tom S / June 7, 2013 at 11:35 am
A lot of this information is useless.

Here is the real question.
Is the screen quality the same screen you are getting as from Apple?
there are good screens (barely ever scratch) and there are cheap screens (will scratch VERY easily).
Here are my option so far after doing some real research:
$200+ tax at the Apple Store to exchange the entire Iphone (will have to backup and restore)
$140 cash for a replacement with labour at a Apple Certified repair shop.
$-$45-75 cash for someone who can change the screen at an asian store - but if they fuck up, leave a hair in your screen, steal your battery, etc, nothing you can do about it - You won't even be able to get an apple store replacement - you will have to buy a new phone.
Cheryl W / June 21, 2013 at 08:47 pm
I dropped my 4S and smashed the screen. A friend recommended Stellar Cellular, 378 College. The shop is clean and open, the staff member was friendly and fixed my phone within 30 minutes as promised. I hope I don't need to, but would go back.
gadgetseo / August 13, 2013 at 09:55 am
Blackberry repair Toronto can repair all difficulties in 30 min on the spot by licensed technician. We use brand new OEM Parts and set up. Your search for high quality blackberry repair Toronto center is over. Gadgets plus have highly skilled engineers have large experience in repair.
Joe / September 13, 2013 at 01:02 am
Check out iRepex at irepex.com My friend recommend this place to me and they honestly did an amayzing job for my iphone at a very reasonable price. they were the 2nd cheapest with good customer service, the lady told me my phone would be ready in 1 hour and I told her that I was in rush and she asked a nice friendly gentleman to fix it right away. I've got my phone back in less than 30 minutes and would recommend them to anyone. Thank you
kevin / September 15, 2013 at 11:56 am
All the blogs such as yelp and other do not want to mention Kmaster Electronics because every competitor is paying alot to be top of Kmaster Electronics. The only company since 1997 in business to offer all on the spot service. If you cant find the solution Kmaster has it.
Denise / October 15, 2013 at 11:35 am
I purchased an iphone and it only lasted two months before the screen cracked, why does Apple make such bad products? The Apple store charges you $169 to repair the screen whereas all the stores listed here charge half that price. Thanks very much for the useful information.
ada vis / October 16, 2013 at 10:11 pm
At Tech World, located at 2680 Danforth avenue, Toronto, Ontario, I was able to get the front and back glass panels replaced on my daughter's iPhone 4s for a total of $65.00.
The place was clean, service took about 2 hours, and they were friendly and polite.
Frank / October 25, 2013 at 10:29 pm
I went to Esource Parts and had my iPhone 4 repair for $65. They do their iphone repairs in Mississauga. It took about 2 hours as they had others they were repairing. Very professional and polite. I picked up a few other things when I was there. They did tell me that they sell iphone parts, samsung parts and other cell phone parts if you wanted to repair it your self. I wasn't sure if I was going to attempt that but he said you can buy it at their store or online on their website www.esourceparts.ca

Overall good experience.
iphone repair / November 11, 2013 at 02:26 am
Thanks for sharing great information you write it very clean. I am appreciating your effort. Thanks for post it.....
indoor christmas tree lights / December 21, 2013 at 04:47 am
Thanks foг sharing your thougfhts on iphone. Regards
Rick Harris / January 2, 2014 at 01:39 pm
iRepair just repaired my iPhone 4s. Did it in under an hour. Very good service, worth every penny. Can't say enough about these guys.
Kelly Barber / January 2, 2014 at 07:01 pm
I went to iRepair because of the glowing recommendations that it got on this blog. It was a little more expensive than some other places but I figured it would be worth the extra money. I have to say, I am exceptionally disappointed.

They quoted me 2 hours for a screen repair for my iPhone 4. This seemed excessive when the website states a half hour. I did it anyways because I figured that was a pretty minor price to pay for good service.

I returned after two hours to be told that my phone had received motherboard damage during the fall and they only found it when they opened it. This seemed incredibly suspect, as the phone was working completely fine when I brought it in. I was told that this happens from time to time, but had not been told anything to this effect when I had initially given them my phone. I was told to come back in another hour and they would hopefully have it working.

They did indeed have it working when I returned, and charged me for the initial repair, so I figured no harm no foul. I only noticed when I returned home that the reception was abnormally bad. I am getting one bar in my living room, and it is going in and out, when before the repair I had no problems getting full reception. The screen colours also appear mildly distorted.

I never leave comments or review for this sort of thing, but I am quite upset and will likely be going back to complain directly. I would proceed with caution if you are thinking of going to iRepair.
Kristopher / January 4, 2014 at 11:56 am
If the phone is still in warranty then I'd get it done at Apple. If it's not, then you could try Apple anyway... they might replace it for free if you're lucky, it's been known to happen and worth a try. But otherwise I'd go with one of the many third party places that seem to be popping up everywhere for iphone repairs.
Oliver / January 13, 2014 at 09:38 am
I went to Irepex to repair my cracked IPAD screen, it was done in little less than hour and a half, for $85 which was quiet below than other sites posted here. So far so good with the quality of the new screen.
Chelsea14 / January 17, 2014 at 10:27 am
Does anyone know of iphone repair shops in Etobicoke/Mississauga/Vaughan areas?

Henry Jewer / January 23, 2014 at 06:53 pm
Let's not forget about The TechKnow Space. I've been using their iPhone repair services (downtown Toronto at Front and Spadina) for the last 7 years. More recently they've opened a location in Mississauga on City Centre Dr. -- right across from Square One -- which is more convenient for me. Still the same great service and friendly attitude. The Mississauga location even offers free coffee in their customer waiting room/lounge. They also service all other modern and mobile devices like Laptops, & Tablets. It may be important to mention that since I switched from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy TechKnow Space is prepared for my next repair need seeing as they have added Samsung to their list of brands they service.

Key benefits (from my perspective):
Both convenient locations in terms of driving or the rare time I have to use transit.
Modern, trendy, classy and clean stores.
Fast service by well trained customer service people and tech's whom have never left me wanting or made mistakes that I can see.
Always a smile from everyone when I visit either store.
poojie replying to a comment from Chelsea14 / January 26, 2014 at 04:07 pm
I have been to the TechKnow Space near the Rogers Center 3 years ago and this year again to the Mississauga location near the Square One
Matt Calhoun / January 26, 2014 at 06:20 pm
Henry hit the nail on the head about The TechKnow Space. I haven't been to the Square One location yet but I've been going to the Downtown Toronto location for years. I have had the TechKnow Space repair my iPHone in 2009, 2010, and 2013. I am a professional iPhone owner and breaker!
Wholesale for Iphone Spare Parts / February 12, 2014 at 07:56 am
Learn。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。
ipad mini screen replacement / February 13, 2014 at 01:14 am
This is great article . thanks for sharing with us .

Wholesale for Iphone Spare Parts / February 14, 2014 at 09:50 pm
Great !!!thank you very much
Ethan / February 18, 2014 at 06:32 pm
Re: iRepair.ca College St.

I brought my macbook pro in for a logic board repair on Oct, 2013. They still have it as of today, Feb 18th 2014. They fixed the logic board problem only to tell me my harddrive was never there to begin with, which I can prove it was. After months of lies and a lot of other questionable business practices on their end, I accepted the fact that 10 yrs worth of data and personal information was lost and/or stolen from me. I am seeking compensation through small claims and refuse to pay for the repair with the added caveat that they'd replace the harddrive with a new (empty) one.

AVOID iRepair.ca AT ALL COSTS!