Saturday, August 23, 2014Cloudy 20°C

Ghost train

Posted by Derek Flack / November 15, 2012

Ben Roffelsen / November 15, 2012 at 01:20 pm
Very cool. Thanks for posting! I loved this one.
Dmitri / November 15, 2012 at 01:23 pm
If this is the quality of photos that BlogTO chooses, why haven't any of my shots ever been featured here? Sorry to say this, but I feel there are many more better looking shots in the flickr pool. I think the selection process is lacking a bit :(
Lindsey / November 15, 2012 at 01:49 pm
I strongly disagree with Dmitri. I love this picture. The blur of the TTC street sums up the feeling of living in this city. It's more then just a picture - it's a statement.

Dmitri - Just because you haven't been featured, doesn't mean that the above work isn't great. Maybe, your items are lack luster and that's why BlogTO hasn't chosen them, or maybe it's your poor attitude.
Ben Roffelsen replying to a comment from Dmitri / November 15, 2012 at 01:53 pm
I didn't think rants were present here...man
Matt replying to a comment from Dmitri / November 15, 2012 at 03:38 pm
I hear the whining cries of jealousy.
Dmitri replying to a comment from Matt / November 15, 2012 at 04:59 pm
Apologies, I don't mean to sound jealous or impose that my opinion is better than anyone else's.

However, I still believe that this section of the website used to have much more interesting selections. Take this one for example: http://www.blogto.com/photo_of_the_day/2012/10/night_train/ or this: http://www.blogto.com/photo_of_the_day/2012/10/cherry_beach_fall_sunset/
Ben Roffelsen replying to a comment from Dmitri / November 15, 2012 at 06:25 pm
You have a right to your opinion of course. Doesn't mean you have to be deliberately hurtful to other people's work. This is a place for all sorts of images and styles. I love those other ones as well.
Branko / November 19, 2012 at 05:51 am
Excellent image, Ben. Congratulations!
Tom Oliver / April 8, 2013 at 09:02 pm
Ben Roffelsen's photos seem to have been a continuous asset to your already fabulous and informative website. I see his name so often I were if you have thought of including him as part of your talented staff members! What an addition he would make. I had the chance to meet him one night while he was shooting a downtown Toronto event and what a great, talented and knowledgable guy. You would do well to make him part of your team before someone else snaps him up and those great photos end up belonging to someone less deserving than blogto! Because Roffelsen's photos bring a beauty to Toronto that the whole world sees and has noticed and that would make anyone proud to be a resident of this great city. And....Nothing like publishing your straight up jealousy that someone else's photo has been published and not yours....one more reason blogto needs Roffelsen on board! I'm just sayin!