What's open and closed on the August Long Weekend and Simcoe Day 2014 in Toronto
What's open and closed on the August Long Weekend and Simcoe Day, Monday August 4, 2014 in Toronto
- Government offices and banks
- Public post offices are closed, and regular mail collection and delivery takes the day off.
- Outdoor swimming pools, wading pools and splash pads will all be open. Swimming pool schedules are available online.
- All five City golf courses will be open. See hours and locations posted online.
- The TTC will operate on holiday service schedule with a start time of 6am.
FOOD & DRINK
- Grocery stores are for open citywide though some might be operating on holiday hours. Check online for individual store hours.
- Select Beer Stores and some of the LCBO's 370 stores will be open, check individual store hours online before heading out.
- Steam Whistle (255 Bremner Blvd) - retail store and tours from noon to 6pm
- Mill St. retail store (21 Tankhouse Lane) - 11am to 8pm
- Amsterdam Brewhouse & Retail Store (245 Queens Quay West) - retail store 11am to 11pm, brewhouse until 1am
- Amsterdam Brewery and retail store (45 Esandar Drive) - retail store 11am to 9pm
Malls are open, operating holiday hours.
- Eaton Centre (220 Yonge Street) - 10am to 6pm
- Yorkdale (3401 Dufferin St.) - 10am to 6pm
- Square One Shopping Centre (100 City Centre Drive) - 11am to 7pm
- Vaughan Mills (1 Bass Pro Mills Drive, Vaughan) - 10am to 7pm
- Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Avenue East) - 11am to 8pm
- Fairview Mall (1800 Sheppard Ave E) - 10am to 6pm
- Dufferin Mall (900 Dufferin St) - 10am to 6pm
- Scarborough Town Centre (300 Borough Drive) - 10am to 6pm
Most major attractions are open, with the exception of the Art Gallery of Ontario which is normally shut Mondays anyway.
- The Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Road) - 10am to 5pm
- The Royal Ontario Museum(100 Queen's Park) -10am to 5:30pm.
- Canada's Wonderland (9580 Jane Street) - 10am to 10pm
- Ripley's Aquarium of Canada - 9am to 11pm
- Movie theatres are open citywide.
- The Toronto Zoo - 9am to 7pm
Did I miss anything? Add it to the comments below. Photo by Jen Yeamen in the blogTO Flickr pool.