Road closures in Toronto for the June 21-22 weekend rounds up the key transportation closures affecting the city including street and TTC closures.
KEY ROAD CLOSURES IN TORONTO
- Church Street: Wood--Gloucester. Closed Friday, June 20 at 6 p.m. to Monday, June 23 at 2 a.m. for The Village Welcomes the World.
- Yonge Street: Dundas--Queen. Shut down for North by Northeast Music Festival events Friday, June 20, Saturday, June 21 and Sunday, June 22 from 7 to 11:59 p.m.
- Port Union Road: Lawrence--Shoalhaven. The Port Union Village Waterfront Festival requires the street to be closed in both directions on Saturday, June 21 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Journey to Conquer Cancer Run/Walk 5K: multiple downtown streets. The charity event will close various streets in the area bound by McCaul, Bloor, Bay, and Gerrard on Sunday June 22 from 8 a.m. to noon.
- Line 2 Bloor-Danforth: Broadview--St. George. Subway will open at noon on Sunday to allow for critical track repairs on the Bloor viaduct. The rest of the subway, including the remaining parts of Line 2, will see normal service.
Over and above the special closures this weekend, construction projects across Toronto result in numerous other road restrictions across the city. For a comprehensive list of such closures, you can consult the official map maintained by the City of Toronto (also available as a PDF)
Chris Bateman is a staff writer at blogTO. Follow him on Twitter at @chrisbateman.
Image: Ian Muttoo/blogTO Flickr pool.