What's open and closed on Victoria Day 2014 in Toronto
What's open and closed on Victoria Day 2014 in Toronto. For info about fireworks happenings check this post out.
- Government offices and banks
- No mail delivery
- The TTC will operate on holiday service schedules with a start time of 6am.
- Major chains like No Frills, Fresh Co., Loblaws, Sobeys, Metro, T&T and Whole Foods will be closed with few confirmed exceptions listed below.
- Arz Fine Foods (1909 Lawrence Avenue East) - 9:30am to 6pm
- Galleria (865 York Mills Road) - 7am to 12am
- Metro (444 Yonge Street) - open 24 hours
- Loblaws (60 Carlton Street) - 10am to 8pm
- Metro grocery stores might be closed, but onsite garden centres will be open.
- Pusateri's (57 Yorkville Avenue) - 7:30am to 6pm; (1539 Avenue Road and Bayview Village) - 8am to 6pm;
- Sobey's Urban Fresh (777 Bay Street, Suite 427) - 7am to 10pm
- T&T Supermarket (7070 Warden Avenue) - 9am to 10pm
- T&T Supermarket (9255 Woodbine Avenue) 9am to 10pm
- Whole Foods Yorkville (87 Avenue Road) - 10am to 6pm
- LCBO stores will be closed, though select cottage-area outlets that normally close at 6pm may launch extended hours on Friday and Saturday nights.
- The Beer Store will be closed, though select stores will stay open later on Sunday, May 18.
- Steam Whistle store (255 Bremner Blvd) - noon to 6pm
- Mill St. retail store (21 Tankhouse Lane) - 11am to 8pm
- Eaton Centre (220 Yonge Street) - 10am to 6pm
- Square One Shopping Centre (100 City Centre Drive) - 11am to 6pm
- Vaughan Mills (1 Bass Pro Mills Drive, Vaughan) - 10am to 7pm
- Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Avenue East) - 11am to 8pm
- Sherway Gardens
- Fairview Mall
- Scarborough Town Centre
- Bayview Village (with the exception of some restaurants)
- The Art Gallery of Ontario
- The Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Road) - 10am to 5pm is open 10am to 4pm and the gallery is offering family passes at $10 off.
- The Royal Ontario Museum(100 Queen's Park) -10am to 5:30pm.
- Canada's Wonderland (9580 Jane Street) - open all weekend from 10am to 10pm
- Ripley's Aquarium of Canada - 9am to 11pm
- Movie theatres are open citywide.
- The Toronto Zoo - 9am to 7pm
Did I miss anything? Add it to the comments below. Photo by Mark Nonkes in the blogTO Flickr pool.