Monday, September 1, 2014Partly Cloudy 19°C
News Flash

What's open and closed on Victoria Day 2014 in Toronto

Posted by Liora Ipsum / May 16, 2014

victoria day openWhat's open and closed on Victoria Day 2014 in Toronto. For info about fireworks happenings check this post out.

GENERAL

Closed

• Government offices and banks
  • Libraries
  • No mail delivery

TRANSIT

• The TTC will operate on holiday service schedules with a start time of 6am.

FOOD

Closed

• Major chains like No Frills, Fresh Co., Loblaws, Sobeys, Metro, T&T and Whole Foods will be closed with few confirmed exceptions listed below.

Open

• Arz Fine Foods (1909 Lawrence Avenue East) - 9:30am to 6pm
  • Galleria (865 York Mills Road) - 7am to 12am
  • Metro (444 Yonge Street) - open 24 hours
  • Loblaws (60 Carlton Street) - 10am to 8pm
  • Metro grocery stores might be closed, but onsite garden centres will be open.
  • Pusateri's (57 Yorkville Avenue) - 7:30am to 6pm; (1539 Avenue Road and Bayview Village) - 8am to 6pm;
  • Sobey's Urban Fresh (777 Bay Street, Suite 427) - 7am to 10pm
  • T&T Supermarket (7070 Warden Avenue) - 9am to 10pm
  • T&T Supermarket (9255 Woodbine Avenue) 9am to 10pm
  • Whole Foods Yorkville (87 Avenue Road) - 10am to 6pm

DRINK

Closed

• LCBO stores will be closed, though select cottage-area outlets that normally close at 6pm may launch extended hours on Friday and Saturday nights.
  • The Beer Store will be closed, though select stores will stay open later on Sunday, May 18.

Open

• Steam Whistle store (255 Bremner Blvd) - noon to 6pm
  • Mill St. retail store (21 Tankhouse Lane) - 11am to 8pm

MALLS

Open

• Eaton Centre (220 Yonge Street) - 10am to 6pm
  • Square One Shopping Centre (100 City Centre Drive) - 11am to 6pm
  • Vaughan Mills (1 Bass Pro Mills Drive, Vaughan) - 10am to 7pm
  • Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Avenue East) - 11am to 8pm

Closed

• Yorkdale
  • Sherway Gardens
  • Fairview Mall
  • Scarborough Town Centre
  • Bayview Village (with the exception of some restaurants)

ATTRACTIONS

Closed

• The Art Gallery of Ontario

Open

Did I miss anything? Add it to the comments below. Photo by Mark Nonkes in the blogTO Flickr pool.

Paola / May 16, 2014 at 04:46 pm
The Candy Bar will be open Victoria Day - Holiday Monday from 12-6pm for your chocolate and candy treats.
849 College St Toronto, ON 416 532-0123
Prashani / May 18, 2014 at 11:51 pm
Second Cup @ 4910 Sheppard+Yonge street will be open 7am-11pm
Paula / May 19, 2014 at 07:48 am
The Distillery District is open today! Lots of shopping and Artfest!
Patricia / May 19, 2014 at 08:06 am
Just want to say a big Thank you to you for this list. The news and websites are never as specific. Awesome job!
Liz / May 19, 2014 at 08:14 am
I'm having a Bad Hair Day on Victoria Day. LOL. Do you, friendly people here, know if there are hair salons open around Meadowvale, Mississauga area? Thanks!
colleen / May 19, 2014 at 09:03 am
Hair salons in Square One will be open today! Go blonde for the summer. :)
Phil / May 19, 2014 at 09:14 am
I was so busy with work yesterday, I totally forgot to hit up a grocery store. Stupid me. I checked online, saw a few open today central Toronto..Does anyone know of a metro or anything open in the east end.??? or pickering???
Thanks in advance!!!
sam / May 19, 2014 at 09:16 am
I guess you could go to square one. Lots of hair salons there and its open today.
Dwayne / May 19, 2014 at 09:20 am
HI, I think the chinese grocer Phat Lamb or somthing like that, in the same plaza as "Dot Furniture" on Kingston just west of Brock rd. pickering, it has veggies, fresh fish and a good selection of other food stuffs so you won't starve :)
Dwayne replying to a comment from Phil / May 19, 2014 at 09:22 am
Mary / May 19, 2014 at 10:14 am
Hello!
All Rabba Fine Foods across the GTA ate also open
Maia / May 19, 2014 at 10:15 am
Does anyone know if Madeline's Boutique on Avenue road is closed today? I'm in desperate need of a prom dress!
Simon / May 19, 2014 at 10:27 am
Any markets open today?
Mark replying to a comment from Mary / May 19, 2014 at 12:09 pm
The only reason anyone would shop at Rabba's... open on holidays lol
Abigail / May 19, 2014 at 12:39 pm
Any chance a Bruno's fine foods is open today? I also made the mistake of not going grocery shopping yesterday :(
Gabby / May 19, 2014 at 12:42 pm
Any pubs open today? Im new to being a legal drinker, feel like getting a beer with the pap
Ariane / May 19, 2014 at 01:37 pm
Are there any cafes open today?
ismael / May 19, 2014 at 04:06 pm
Are there any barbers open in Toronto today
Woodbridge / May 19, 2014 at 04:23 pm
Moose and firkin at weston and seven should be open tonight til two in the morning for kareoke night!
Gabe / May 19, 2014 at 04:28 pm
Any know if any pet stores are open? stupid me forgot I to take my cat to the vet tomorrow and kitty hates the carrier I brought him home in
cathy / May 19, 2014 at 08:31 pm
amsterdam brewery-leaside 11am-9pm
amsterdam -245 Queens Quay -11am-11pm
Ray replying to a comment from cathy / May 19, 2014 at 09:19 pm
Sorry already got my brews today at Bellwoods Brewery on Ossington.
Lisa / June 13, 2014 at 04:36 pm
I am coming to canada my first time from Denver, Colorado. I coming mainly to visit the hockey hall of fame but staying the week Jun 29 to July 5.

Any unique non touristy places to hit up.

I think on July 1st my mom and I are going on our own made up Brewery tour and tasting the beers here. July 4 we are going down to Niagara falls to catch the fireworks show. Other than that nothing really planned.
Erica / July 1, 2014 at 10:49 am
Are hair salons open today?