City of Toronto extends pool hours during heatwave
I love it when they do this. The City of Toronto has extended the hours of a number of public swimming pools to help residents cool off during this latest heatwave. Most of the time if you want to do the REM thing at these facilitates, some fence-climbing is required. This is just so much easier. My recommendation? Gus Ryder — it's pretty much right on the lake, and people have been heading to the area to cool off for over a century.
Here are the eight pools open until 11:45 p.m. tonight.
- Alex Duff Memorial Pool, 779 Crawford Ave.
- Alexandra Park Pool, 275 Bathurst St.
- Cummer Park Indoor Pool, 6000 Leslie St.
- Giovanni Caboto Outdoor Pool, 1369 St. Clair Ave. W.
- McGregor Park Outdoor Pool, 2231 Lawrence Ave. E.
- Monarch Park Pool, 115 Felstead Ave.
- Sunnyside-Gus Ryder Outdoor Pool, 1755 Lake Shore Blvd. W.
- Smithfield Outdoor Pool, 175 Mount Olive Dr.