What's open and closed Easter Monday 2012 Toronto
What's open and closed on Easter Monday in Toronto is best ascertained by a quick call to where you're planning on going, but we rounded up some basics. After biting off more chocolate bunny ears that you can count, Easter Monday means back to the daily grind for most of us. Still, there are some closures you should be aware of.
- Federal employees have Monday off, so government offices, city hall, and libraries remain closed.
- The LCBO only has 280 stores open on Monday, so check this out to see how far you need to trek for a bottle of wine. If you're craving a brewski, the Beer Store is back to its regular hours or stop by the Steam Whistle Brewery.
- Many restaurants and retail stores are closed regularly on Mondays, but the list typically swells a bit around the holidays, so call ahead.
- Almost everything, including malls, banks, most grocery chains such as Sobey's, Longo's, Loblaw's and No Frills, and retail stores that are typically open Mondays.
- The TTC operates under normal hours on Monday.