What's open and closed on Easter Weekend in Toronto
What's open and closed on Easter Weekend in Toronto isn't quite as straightforward as the other holiday weekends because Friday, Sunday and Monday all feature closures of some type. So let's run through the most important stuff to make sure no one suffers the misfortune of arriving at the LCBO at noon on Sunday to find that all its locations are closed.
- LBCO and Beer Stores — Friday and Sunday. "Select stores" will be open Monday.
- Government offices/institutions (libraries, post office, City Hall, etc.,), including Monday
- Banks (back open Monday)
- Most major grocery stores (Friday and Sunday)
- Most shopping malls and retail outlets
- The Eaton Centre will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, but closed Easter Sunday.
- Most retail outlets on Yonge St. around the Eaton Centre will remain open Friday and Sunday.
- Many tenants at the Distillery District will remain open all weekend.
- Food Depot (Dupont and Davenport) and Rabba Grocery Stores (various locations)
The TTC will operate on a Sunday schedule on Friday, and as normal on Saturday and Sunday.
Know of any important openings or closures not mentioned above? Let us know in the comments.