Thursday, April 24, 2014Clear 2°C
Food Trucks

50 awesome eats from Toronto food trucks

Posted by Staff / August 29, 2013

Toronto Food TrucksThe food truck scene in Toronto is proof that street food need not be boring. While we wait for the luddites at City Hall to get with the 21st century and roll out more than a limited pilot program our fearless (and growing number) of food truck owners continue to find spots to serve up an incredible diversity of eats that appeal to and reflect a broad range of tastes, diets and cultural influences. With apologies to some of the Hamilton and Southern Ontario trucks that were excluded here, we present our list (in no particular order) of 50 awesome eats currently being dished out by Toronto area food trucks.

View photos of all the 50 awesome food truck eats in this slideshow.

E.V / August 29, 2013 at 01:43 pm
As long as it's not parked outside the CNE, it's good. everydayannoyances.com
Anna Camara / August 29, 2013 at 02:09 pm
Do you have a map to go with these. My mouth is watering, but where do I find them?
Chantal / August 29, 2013 at 02:12 pm
I would SO love to do a pilgrimage of all 50. My pants would NOT love this idea at all.
TJ / August 29, 2013 at 02:17 pm
Food looks amazing! My only problem is I have to Google search each individual one and find where they are. My other problem is that you have to check these guys the day of to find out where they are. You can't plan an outing or lunch.
Alex / August 29, 2013 at 02:20 pm
More than a one sentence writeup would be nice. It looks like you spend more time taking a picture than reviewing the food.

If I just wanted to look at pictures of food I'd go on Instagram. It's obnoxious that captions are off by default.
andy416 / August 29, 2013 at 02:21 pm
The stupid slideshow takes forever to load each individual pic. Get rid of it and just put regular sized photos on one page like you used to.
Shannon / August 29, 2013 at 02:28 pm
Blue Donkey's Feta Fries should definitely be on here... I just wish the truck was out and about more!!
Kevin / August 29, 2013 at 02:40 pm
With all the food poisoning at CNE caused by the bakery Le Dolci this should be a wake up call that these temp. and mobile food establishments are not inspected as often as they should be by Toronto Public Health.
Tim replying to a comment from Anna Camara / August 29, 2013 at 03:07 pm
You can find daily updates by checking the Toronto Food Trucks web site and iPhone app or following them on Twitter @foodtrucksTO

Welshgrrl replying to a comment from Kevin / August 29, 2013 at 04:32 pm
Come again? Le Dolci was/is neither temporary nor mobile. The CNE cronut burger fiasco has fuck all to do with food trucks ...
emily / August 29, 2013 at 04:51 pm
I really enjoyed the consistently close framing and unchanging depth of focus for each picture. I don't know why anyone would try to take a picture of food any other way.
Hugh Mungus replying to a comment from Chantal / August 29, 2013 at 04:51 pm
so don't bring your pants!
Shawn replying to a comment from Kevin / August 29, 2013 at 05:58 pm
You do realize that Le Dolci is a bricks-and-mortar location, right? So I'm not sure how that's relevant to your point at all.
JeffB replying to a comment from Shawn / August 29, 2013 at 08:59 pm
Clicks to Bricks my friend. Clicks to Bricks.
Fromunda / August 30, 2013 at 04:04 am
Mobile kitchens don't have washrooms. And as a mobile kitchen worker, I can tell you that I never wash my hands after touching my balls in an outhouse at any given festival.
Fender / August 30, 2013 at 08:40 am
There's an app, go to the Apple store and enter food trucks toronto
Nick / August 30, 2013 at 09:29 am
This list is useless to me without locations...
Tim replying to a comment from Nick / August 30, 2013 at 10:10 am
Nick - food trucks move locations all the time. It doesn't make sense for locations to be included here.
EastEndErin / August 30, 2013 at 12:20 pm
For food truck locations go here.