Thursday, July 31, 2014Mostly Cloudy 18°C
Film

Robocop film shoot takes over Harbord and Clinton

Posted by Staff / November 26, 2012

Robocop TorontoYesterday residents living near Harbord and Clinton got an up close look at the new Robocop movie that's been filming in Toronto this fall. Spencer Barclay, a local filmmaker and Robocop enthusiast, happened to be in the area and snapped some photos of the action. Street signs were changed, some futuristic cars made an appearance and a Robocop stuntman (above) weaved through the streets on his shiny futuristic bike. Check out all the photos on Barclay's blog.

But, wait, there's more! Check out this series of videos for an up close look at the shoot.

Robocop on bike

Robocop weaving around cars

Robocop stuntman gets on bike

Robocop drives down street on bike

Mindi / November 26, 2012 at 05:01 pm
Great footage! Good work.
Sean / November 26, 2012 at 07:24 pm
Robocop doesn't look much like a robot compared to the original one in the 1987 movie. Looks like the actor is wearing the Bat suit to me.

Don't know... Dredd remake stunk, so did Red Dawn, same with the Total Recall remake too.

Pictures and video in this story are great. I'm not knocking the author but movie remakes are not worth money to spend on anymore. For example, Looper was a great sci-fi but just wait, they'll to a remake of that too. Wished movie makers would stick to new, fresh scripts with original storylines. Remakes are simply of waste. Save your $$$.
Alanna / November 26, 2012 at 08:46 pm
The original Robotocop movies are on my top ten list of sci-fi movies. I hope this is great.
Shawn / November 27, 2012 at 12:39 am
Totally nerdy, but it was cool to see some of the cars they were using there...they had a Subaru Dias (I think) and a 1st gen Toyota Mark X (why'd they import that car of all cars?), Fiat 500s/Elements/Accords/CR-Z all sporting body kits that cover the badges, and a few more....
TG / November 27, 2012 at 08:01 am
I'm guessing Sam James is in the movie, why else would they shoot there?
CaligulaJones / November 27, 2012 at 12:33 pm
They were in my 'hood (Danforth East) last week. Not sure if we should be happy to be a stand in for Detroit, at any time, let alone in a dystopic future...
Luke McKenzie / November 27, 2012 at 06:10 pm
I'm liking the bike he is riding. I'm sure they modified the body a bit but it does not look like a total custom bike. Very nice tho. Does anyone one which bike they used?
Wojtek replying to a comment from Shawn / November 30, 2012 at 01:19 pm
Good eye Shawn! Well done!
Fatima / November 30, 2012 at 09:13 pm
Is that genuine robot on the motorcycle?Or is fake?