Friday, October 24, 2014Partly Cloudy 9°C
Fashion & Style

New online shop delivers clothes by bike in Toronto

Posted by Natalia Manzocco / June 8, 2014

urbane conviction torontoLet's say you're at work, in your office-appropriate but not particularly impressive 9-to-5 threads, when all of a sudden, you remember: Your friend's birthday party is tonight. Horror sets in as the fabric of your $19.95 polo shirt begins to chafe. You realize there's no time to run home, or even run to the store - and, most disastrous of all, your friend's hot cousin might be there tonight. What to do?

Well, if you live or work in a certain part of Toronto (see above map and here), you can have a sharp new outfit delivered via bike courier, thanks to this new Toronto startup. Urbane Conviction, a fashion site launched by a group of U of T students and grads, has partnered with local courier services to offer same-day delivery from Runnymede to the Don River. As long as your order is placed before 2 p.m., they can jet it right over to your desk.

The site offers fun, sleek menswear and womenswear, with a focus on smaller sizes; women's clothing ranges from sizes 00-6, and menswear caters to guys who wear a 32-inch waist or smaller. (The rest of us, though, can still grab some adorable accessories and shoes.)

They also offer delivery to the rest of Canada and the world - though for that, lamentably, they're forced to use Canada Post.

matts / June 8, 2014 at 09:04 am
is today April 1st?
Chester / June 8, 2014 at 09:34 am
32 inch waist or smaller???? So Asians?
John / June 8, 2014 at 10:05 am
Ahh, so I just have to realize that my friends birthday party is tonight before 2pm.
Un-dressable Size 8 (135 pounds) / June 8, 2014 at 10:09 am
Their mission says they aim to elevate their customers to the next level.

I guess that means changing race!
LadyBoy Gaga / June 8, 2014 at 10:16 am
You don't have 32 inch wasit or smaller like me? I can wear clothes of 11 year old!
LadyBoy Gaga / June 8, 2014 at 10:21 am
Yeeow can check out my video here! http://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2010/01/ladyboy-gaga.html
you know we're cute / June 8, 2014 at 10:53 am
Yes! Finally something for us tiny people!
petitegoddess / June 8, 2014 at 01:02 pm
Cool idea!! I wish them success! PLEASE GET SOME JEANS FOR US TINY PEOPLE.
StellsBells / June 8, 2014 at 02:57 pm
Crappy looking products that have no connection to their stated strategy. Wow. Massive fail in 3...3...1...
John / June 8, 2014 at 03:18 pm
I love this idea.

That's what I would be saying if I was an 11 year old boy.
tall guy / June 8, 2014 at 05:19 pm
I guess it's a "manlet" only store.

Manlet / June 8, 2014 at 10:30 pm
You'd be surprised to know there are tons of people smaller than 32 and what's wrong with being small? Got to stop this whole masculinity shit.
Pants Go Brown / June 9, 2014 at 12:04 am
This is a gag right?
girlpublisher / June 9, 2014 at 10:34 am
What are you complaining about? I'm just going to order two size 6 outfits and stitch them together.
Man replying to a comment from Manlet / June 9, 2014 at 11:32 am
Nothing wrong with being small BUT why make your whole business plan about catering to small the demographic? Seems like they are cutting off access to a large population that will have no use for this service.

Why not make it for all?
Natasha / June 9, 2014 at 11:56 am
The clothes are really good quality and a mix of cute and elegant. And I know for small guys especially its really hard to find clothes that fit them well and are refined looking. I'm excited!!
tall guy replying to a comment from Manlet / June 9, 2014 at 01:37 pm
Seeing as they exclude tall folks, I can personally guarantee 99% of CEOs will NOT be shopping there.

It's not my fault for being tall. It's not my fault they chose to exclude me. It's not my fault society sees tall people as being superior.
Matt / June 9, 2014 at 09:50 pm
The delivery service they actually use is www.senditcourier.ca which has been around longer than Hurrier. Don't know why hurrier gets so much undeserved hype
Gill replying to a comment from Matt / June 10, 2014 at 01:43 pm
You're comparing two very different companies here
Tall Dude / June 10, 2014 at 06:28 pm
I'm 6'1/170lbs and all of their men's shirts have fit me well so far. Just make sure you get the largest size and you'll be fine. Unless you're too buff, I guess. Their pants also fit well, but it just depends how thin you are!
Vi / June 10, 2014 at 09:09 pm
"Urbane Conviction was born of a need for high quality, stylish yet affordable clothing for disgruntled Torontonians with petite, leaner, and slimmer builds."

Before I realized this was by a bunch of skinny Asian kids, I thought they were trying to be snobby anti-fatty fashion bitches (you know the kind).

This is probably someone with their daddy's hookup to wholesale Hong Kong or Korean suppliers (hence the tiny sizing), selling the goods at an inflated (x200%) prices.

Good on them if it works! There is a need for ultra thin sizing. I have lots of tiny asian friends who swim in size 0 clothing.

Efello.ca / June 12, 2014 at 05:44 am
Awesome Clothes, thanks for sharing !
The clothes are really good quality. its really easy to find clothes that fit them well and are refined looking. I'm So excited!!
Kiran / June 26, 2014 at 06:52 am
Cool Idea ! this information is very useful.
shon Ivyan / July 24, 2014 at 05:43 am
The clothes are really so good like a new generation and a mix of cute and elegant. And We knew for small guys especially its really hard to find clothes.So It would be a great for them.