Monday, March 30, 2015Light Rain 3°C
Fashion & Style

Toronto Fashion Week Fall 2014 preview

Posted by Bianca Venerayan / March 14, 2014

Toronto Fashion WeekToronto Fashion Week is rearing its glamorous head once again with Fall 2014's presentations. From Monday (March 17) through Friday (March 21), fad-clad industry professionals and Average Joes alike will gather like bees at David Pecaut Square to watch the future of Canadian fashion sweep and sashay down the runway. Though the eccentric street style and diva behaviour forks out enough entertainment value to last the full week, the designers are the main attraction - and this season, the lineup is on fire.

Here are my most anticipated shows to see and why.

NEW DESIGNERS

Outclass: Wednesday, March 19 @ 4 pm (Studio)
Outclass may have made quite the name in local menswear, but next Wednesday will see the very first of designer Matteo Sgaramella's fashion shows. Known for marrying contemporary silhouettes with heritage aesthetics, the brand's texture-heavy, brightly hued keepsakes will make for a debut you don't want to miss.

Brit Wacher: Friday, March 21 @ 2 pm (Studio)
No stranger to the runway, Brit Wacher is a B.C.-born designer slowly making waves on the east coast. After showing a few collections at Vancouver and Montreal Fashion Week, she's ready to bring her flowing silhouettes, minimal approaches and sharp details to the big(ger) leagues - where I'm almost certain she'll make a killing.

ESTABLISHED DESIGNERS

VAWK: Monday, March 17 @ 6 pm (Runway)
VAWK's Sunny Fong, a Project Runway Canada alumni, always rocks the runway with his luxe gowns and sass-packed ensembles. His fall collections also tend to have a little more oomph, brimming with silk and fur and everything in between.

Pink Tartan: Wednesday, March 19 @ 7 pm (Runway)
Season after season, Pink Tartan's Kimberley Newport-Mimran brings white-bread womenswear to the table -- yet her formula seems to be working because everyone keeps coming back for more. No need to fix it if it ain't broke, right?

Joe Fresh: Wednesday, March 19 @ 8 pm (Runway)
Joe Fresh started as a second-string shop-in-a-shop (a.k.a. grocery store) and climbed the ladder to become the biggest name of the week, with the biggest turnout to match. You might be baffled that their run-of-the-mill shift dresses and golf tees attract so much attention, but it's the styling that makes Joseph Mimran a leading lad.

Mackage: Wednesday, March 19 @ 9 pm (Runway)
As a brand that built its empire on leather, Montreal-based Mackage shines the brightest during the fall seasons. That being said, expect no shortage of male and female models layered head-to-toe in animal hides and furs.

toronto fashion weekTHE COLLECTIONS

Sid Neigum: Monday, March 17 @ 9 pm (Runway)
Sid Neigum - my personal favourite - never fails to knock 'em dead every fashion week with his minimalistic, goth-ninja aesthetic and theatrical presentation. I'm crossing my fingers for a stint as weird and wonderful as last year's hair-antennas.

Thomas Bálint: Tuesday, March 18 @ 5 pm (Runway)
The only coherent way to describe a dude who wears Thomas Bálint is "starving artist/farmer in impeccably tailored outerwear." I can almost guarantee the first two minutes of next week's show will solidify this concept.

Matthew Gallagher: Friday, March 21 @ 8 pm (Runway)
Like most of The Collections' designers, Matthew Gallagher's eponymous label is rooted in minimalism, elegance, and luxury; it's his tasteful use of colour that sets him apart from the rest. Although the pressure's on to end World Mastercard Fashion Week with a bang, I doubt he's even breaking a sweat with all the talent in his Torontonian head.

MERCEDEZ-BENZ START-UP

Malorie Urbanovitch & Matière Noir: Tuesday, March 18 @ 7 pm (Runway)
Last year, the judges of the Mercedes-Benz Start-Up competition were faced with a decision so tough the only solution was to crown two winners and have them share the prize: a single timeslot on this season's calendar. Thus, Malorie Urbanovitch and Matière Noir's ready-to-wear designs are no-doubt slated to bring double the fun.

What are you most looking forward to at Fashion Week? Add your suggestions to the comments below.

In a drunken stupor / March 15, 2014 at 11:31 am
I predict that black suit, black shirt and red tie will be the new cool look for spring. Shout out to my rexdale homies , mon
Mirella / March 16, 2014 at 10:19 pm
I'm shocked that fur has crept back into the fashion design scene. Inflicting pain and suffering onto sentient beings who have a desire to live as much as humans do, for the sake of "fashion"???? Really???!!! DISGUSTING, DESPICABLE, SHAMEFUL, BARBARIC are a few words that come to mind when I see this happening! Honestly this makes me physically ill. Boycott any designer that uses fur!!!
subway surfers cheat / September 29, 2014 at 10:53 pm
This portrait is half length where a woman is seated.
Yes, Mc - Donald could very well become a landmark ruling. Despite the
world\'s economic recession, despite the fast life pace, Shanghai is still
a paradise of China and Southeast area in particular, and of the world in general.
Jasmine / November 6, 2014 at 07:20 pm
Starting a small business with no money may
sound impossible but there are ways to kick off a very profitable business without
ever spending a single dime of your own money.
You can know all the ins and outs of business and can run a restaurant without fail; but would you know the first thing about installing the kitchen grills.

For clients, you can target neighborhoods, communities or even companies.
fashion / November 19, 2014 at 01:06 am
Quilted fabrics are expected to be in style this winter and
fall. Smell to see how it interacts with your own natural scent.
The craze of style sneakers have manufactured the various common footwear makes arrive up with different variations of footwear in the marketplace.
nike duffel Bags for boys / November 26, 2014 at 10:01 am
It's going tto be end of mine day, except before end I am reading this impressive
paragraph to improve my experience.
Ulrike / November 27, 2014 at 12:58 pm
This can be ensured through a preparation of a detailed schedule of events coupled with roles and
obligations for each individual. Aside from that,
the venture manager additionally has the delegated authority to cope with all events such because the venue
management in addition to the sponsors and occasion exhibitors.
Buford / December 12, 2014 at 12:49 pm
This is a very good tip especially to those
fresh to the blogosphere. Simple but very accurate info… Thanks for sharing this one.
A must read post!
Elisabeth / January 5, 2015 at 01:15 pm
Yet, there are grants that are made for equipment and training.
When job offers do come and I'll admit, some companies may fear hiring you because they fear a former owner being an employee, negotiate the best
salary you can along with the best benefits you can for you and your
family. Typically, this works well if we are involved in a solid networking and we reciprocate, by referring clients to
those other businesses.
blakstienos serumas / January 8, 2015 at 02:26 am
Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it,
you are a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come
back later on. I want to encourage you to definitely
continue your great writing, have a nice morning!
Jenifer / January 14, 2015 at 09:27 am
If you're educated (or seeking an education) you will probably find
a ton of opportunity in a small town. Without enough
traffic, you will never have enough customers and this means you won't be making enough money.

For clients, you can target neighborhoods, communities or even companies.
Charissa / January 14, 2015 at 01:51 pm
Or, perhaps you're one of those students who desires a challenge,
or even a good addition to your résumé for Grad school.
Make the process pain-free with debt collection software for a
small business that automates this tedious process and adds to your company's bottom line.
A customer is injured while using a product you sold and
files a claim for indemnity.
mostly sale / January 15, 2015 at 02:25 am
I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your website.
Do you ever run into anyy internet browser compatibility problems?
A handful of my blog visitors have complained about my site not operating corrrectly
in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any solutions to help fix this problem?
http://domyessaysonline.blogspot.com / January 27, 2015 at 01:23 pm
I don't know if it's just me or if perhaps everybody else
experiencing problems with your site. It appears as if some of the text on your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please
provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too?
This could be a issue with my web browser because I've had
this happen before. Appreciate it
hire someone to do my essay format apa / January 30, 2015 at 09:33 am
Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it,
you are a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and will
often come back at some point. I want to encourage continue your
great posts, have a nice day!
younique 3d lashes / February 16, 2015 at 12:54 am
Excellent goods from you, man. I've keep in mind your stuff previous to and you are simply extremely wonderful.
I actually like what you have got right here, really like what
you are saying and the best way wherein you say it. You make it entertaining and you continue to take care of to keep it
smart. I can not wait to learn much more from you.
This is really a wonderful web site.
loans / February 17, 2015 at 09:57 am
Hi there it's me, I am also visiting this site daily, this site is genuinely pleasant and the viewers are in fact sharing pleasant thoughts.
Veta / March 8, 2015 at 06:34 am
The lack of this publicity contributes directly to the amount
of the population that watches other sports instead of soccer.
If you think you've forgotten some of the rules, it would not hurt to take a
glance of the rules and instructions. Learn to be aware of your
intuition, and you will get better over time.