Monday, September 22, 2014Clear 8°C
Fashion & Style

The top 15 patio furniture stores in Toronto

Posted by Sarah Ratchford / June 14, 2013

Patio furniture torontoThe top patio furniture stores in Toronto are many and varied, and they are speckled throughout our fair Hogtown. Long has it been a sign, nay, an emblem, of genteel living to have one's own small plot upon which to sit, gaze and reflect on one's success. Living in Toronto, land of expansive lawns and green space, denizens often scratch their coiffed heads and ponder, "But whence to venture in order to furnish the outdoor portion of my living space?"

Aside from the patio furniture store options detailed here, there is always the ever-joyous Canadian Tire, Ikea, Home Depot, Target and Urban Barn chains to name a few of the omissions. For those in the vicinity of Richmond Hill, I'd also recommend checking out General Products which bills its store as having the largest selection of quality patio furniture in the country.

Here is a list of the best stores for patio and outdoor furniture in Toronto.

CB2 & Crate and Barrel
Relatively new to the Canadian market, these sibling stores feature a wide variety of highly original outdoor furnishings. An umbrella can be had for a mere $529, and tables that are really cement blocks can be had for just $599! There are retro papasan style chairs in bright colours, as well as your traditional outdoor chesterfield. Said items are accessible to you wherever you live in the city: there's a Crate&Barrel (the higher priced and more house-owner oriented offering of the two stores) at Yorkdale Shopping Centre, Square One, and a distribution centre in Mississauga. For downtown dwellers in condos and apartments, there's the more affordable CB2 at Queen and Bathurst.

Andrew Richard Designs
This shop at Adelaide and Parliament has as many designs for outdoor furniture as indoor options. You can walk in and find virtually anything your bougie, cricket playing self desires. You can outfit your lawn to look like a living room! A kitchen! A bedroom! Yes, you can buy an outdoor canopy bed. That sounds awesome, actually. Pricing is on the higher end of the spectrum, but you're investing in quality pieces. There are plenty of teak pieces, and classic Muskoka chairs can be had for $795 to $895. Or you can just get a local to make it for you for like $100.

DOT Furniture
This chain store (there's a DOT Furniture at Dupont and Davenport among other GTA locations) carries a selection of outdoor dining sets, accessories, and crucial outdoor lounge seating. You've got your "resin wicker sectionals," your loungers, and even your "resin teak." Items in that department will run from about $225 to $550. Sale items from DOT are more affordable, as well, depending on what you're looking for to complete your fantastical outdoor oasis.

West Elm
West Elm sells all of the standard outdoor patio accoutrements, as well as a few fancy extras. Outdoor drapes are available for about $60, for example, so one can stealthily fence in one's hot tub. Or what have you. They also sell outdoor rugs for the low, low price of $600. Reasonable! Other cool options include outdoor stemware, lanterns, and various planters and lounge chairs. West Elm can be found in Liberty Village.

Restoration Hardware
Restoration Hardware deals in patio furniture of many different backgrounds, including wicker, teak, fabric, and metal. "Special savings" lounge chairs start at $595. (I found my patio lounge chairs on the side of the road for free...but then I am a dirty hobo who isn't too hung up on appearances). Many of the pieces available at Restoration look pretty much identical to one another, with the exception of some cool hanging egg chairs ($625-$860) and some amazing canopied day beds ($3,840 to $6,395). Restoration Hardware can be found at Yonge and Eg.

InsideOut
If you walk into InsideOut (or simply visit their website from the comfort of your pajamas), you can find absolutely any item you need for life out-of-doors. They've got barbeques and accessories, gazebos (starting at $599), bar stools, porch swings ($449), fire pits...you name it. This is the holy land of patio furniture, and is a bit more affordable than some other spots, too. You can check out InsideOut in Mississauga, Vaughan, and Markham, as well as the location just west of Dufferin and Eglinton Ave W.

Fresh Home & Garden
In my humble opinion, Fresh, just north of the Distillery District, has some of the prettier patio furniture on offer. They sell outdoor bar carts, tables and seating that look like they're straight out of a super-modern fusion sushi restaurant, and the more traditional chairs and loungers one would expect to find. Fresh carries a number of higher-end European imports (la-de da).

Design within Reach
At Design within Reach, you'll find "streamlined, modern designs." There are little cafe tables for nibbling biscotti (what a pointless food) that can be had for less than $200, lounge chairs that look like they're straight out of the '80s but also the future that cost about $1,000, and Adirondack chairs for around $200. This King and Spadina shop is an exciting one, folks, and the price tags are somewhat palatable, depending on what you're looking for.

Hauser
Hauser's patio furniture is like the more basic girls in high school who all want to be Regina George. Read: it looks like indoor furniture, but isn't quite, obviously. That said, like those less-pretty girls, The new Mount Pleasant area shop has a lot to offer. Furniture comes in teak, aluminum, and stainless steel finishes. But outdoor sofas, though pretty, will cost around $1,950. They also sell lovely outdoor tents for around $4,000.

Indoors & Out
Indoors & Out at Yonge and Eglinton sells basic, normal-people, weather resistant wicker patio furnishings. They've got chairs, sectional couches, small tables and stacking chairs. They also carry a series of all-weather cushions for your excitement.

Jardin de Ville
Crazy? Wanna prove it? You can spend no less than $11,000 on an outdoor dining set in this blind robbery Toronto furniture store at King St. E. and Sherbourne. Bitches be getting serious about their patios in here. There are also daybeds for $500, on the other hand, and a totally startling number of possibilities and finishings. They also have air conditioning that feels like an arctic breeze, so that's pretty great.

Kiosk
Kiosk, located at King St. E. and Parliament, carries everything you need to construct a full-on outdoor living room. Aside from the regular seating and dining tables, they sell pergolas, lighting, coffee tables, and "carpets." Sounds just like grandma's house. Be prepared to empty your wallets though.

Casualife
Casuallife deals exclusively in outdoor furnishings, and their stock runs the gamut of patio life necessities. They have locations in Markham and in Mississauga, and they sell heaters, umbrellas, and custom cushions, and their furniture comes in full sets, just like indoor meubles. if you still have yet to spend too much money on places to sit outdoors, hit them up: they've got a 10 to 25 per cent off sale happening until June 23.

Studio B
Outdoor furniture from Studio B, just east of King St. E. and Parliament, promises to provide "a lifetime of durability." Here, you'll find giant sectionals, side tables, coffee tables and all-weather cushions in a variety of scintillating neutrals. Prices are steep so might want to hold off until they have sales on the floor models.

Moss
At Moss, located on the Danforth, you'll find full-on outdoor bar setups. This is the necessary kind of patio furniture, folks. I'll sit on the ground as long as someone can make me a drink. They also, of course, provide the standard giant sectional couches, daybeds, and chairs, as well as a series of umbrellas and fire pits.

What did we miss? Add your favourite Toronto patio furniture store to the comment thread below.

Confused / June 14, 2013 at 01:56 pm
I don't understand. Why would you write about "The top 15 patio furniture stores" and just insult and complain about all of them? If they're so awful and overpriced, why don't you leave them off the list?
Kevin replying to a comment from Confused / June 14, 2013 at 02:26 pm
Confused, you are so on the ball.

I'm still a fan of Ikea, Canadian Tire and Home Depot. And they don't give you attitude if you have to return anything (for whatever reason).
Nick / June 14, 2013 at 02:41 pm
I definitely like Costco's return policy. Saw some of their patios and they are pretty nice. We actually ended up buying ours at www.wickerpark.ca it was a lot more affordable and it looked more modern.

We are looking for a patio heat lamp can anyone recommend any places to get a good deal on?
4ChanApologist / June 14, 2013 at 02:44 pm
I bought a patio sectional from patiofurnituredirect in mississauga earlier in the year after looking around at some of the above stores. Awesome staff, way less expensive.

The fabric isn't sunbrella and the clips to join the sectional pieces together can be a bit stubborn, but for around half the price I'm totally pleased with my decision.
John / June 14, 2013 at 02:58 pm
I've been on the hunt for stuff for awhile now and can't believe how overpriced most of the outdoor furniture sets are. The fact that some of these sets cost as much as indoor furniture is utterly ridiculous. So far the cheapest quality stuff I have found is at Jysk.
milo / June 14, 2013 at 03:03 pm
why is the author so bitter.

do you live in mississauga? if so buy your patio stuff at walmart like all the other maggots there.
jude / June 14, 2013 at 03:25 pm
Which store is associated with the picture on the article -- I like the orange. Hoping it's from one of the more affordable options.
Jairus / June 14, 2013 at 03:27 pm
this article is bad and the author should feel bad
Emma / June 14, 2013 at 05:21 pm
Dont forget MaxSold.com, an online auction house where you can pickup outstanding quality at auction prices.
cathie / June 14, 2013 at 06:09 pm
The tone of this article is so weird. Is the author mad at the whole world because she can't afford to buy patio furniture? So strange. May I suggest craigslist and kijiji for some very nice outdoor furniture at excellent prices.
Michael L replying to a comment from cathie / June 15, 2013 at 12:38 pm
Totally agree! I definitely recommend kijiji and craigslist. We ended up buying patio furniture set for our new home from WickerPark which we found them on Kijiji.

Another good place to look at is ebay too =)
jake / June 15, 2013 at 08:17 pm
Great article. I shopped at all of these shops with the exception of a few and you breakdown is true to the point. We decided on InsideOut Patio on Castlefield. The quality and selection was overwhelming and the price was reasonable. Jardin de ville was highway robbery and DOT doesnt use outdoor fabrics chosing to use polyester. Purchased a bbq from InsideOut as well and was nice to g. things in one place. Again this synopsis is bang on.
Jennifer A / June 17, 2013 at 10:16 am
Great article. Found it very useful as my husband and I are looking for some patio furniture
smartygirl / June 18, 2013 at 03:05 pm
am i really the only person who thought this article was hilarious? really?
SilasWatts / June 21, 2013 at 01:00 am
Awesome information. I am looking for patio furniture to buy. This information is really helpful. Thanks.
Sandra / June 24, 2013 at 11:41 am
Just in time for the summer. perfect!
Leo / June 29, 2013 at 02:13 pm
As a pure online retailer, Beliani offers some excellent quality outdoor furniture at great prices. So, strictly speaking, not a store in Toronto, but a Canadian company...

They have resin wicker sets and teak etc.

Uese / July 1, 2013 at 02:55 pm
I love these guys here for modern designs:
www.velagopatiofurniture.ca
Steve Rodgers / July 5, 2013 at 10:34 am
I believe a patio set has to be both comfortable and nice to look at. When i wanted to get ours redone, I contacted EP Henry at Roxbury. They really did a great job. Now we host summer parties all the time at my house. Thanks for the post.
Anna replying to a comment from Nick / July 11, 2013 at 04:38 pm
Thanks Nick!

Just got ours on special. http://www.wickerpark.ca has a sale on click on their 'specials' tab.

Now hopefully we get some good weather to enjoy the remaining summer.
James Graham / July 18, 2013 at 02:30 am
They're indeed quite expensive but the designs are great. Nice to have on your outdoor area for relaxation. There are lots of cheaper furnitures online though that can be as elegant and attractive. Better check it out.
MarkCruz / July 31, 2013 at 06:10 am
Hi,
I am looking for furniture store in toronto. And i have been suggested for dot furniture and casual life. Please provide more information about these stores and tell me which is good.
Thanks.
silk bedding / August 1, 2013 at 09:10 pm
is this article bad ?
Sarah Tremblay / August 20, 2013 at 08:49 am
You have mentioned all the good stores that are thee in Toronto. Now one can have choose from these stores and shop from wherever he likes.
Janet / September 9, 2013 at 09:52 pm
Jardin DeVille was a waste of gas overpriced and outright rude. BEWARE --- DOT Patio Furniture tried to sell me what I thought was real teak as they advertise "Copper Teak." After some research its not teak but rather an inexpensive wood they decided to call teak. This is totally false advertising. Fresh had nice teak pieces but was very expensive and everything was 6 - 8 weeks. I found the same looking teak at InsideOut the Castlefield location that looked like the styles at Fresh but for 30% less, not on sale, and I choose cushions and had it delivered in 2 weeks.
TalonMarrquez / September 20, 2013 at 02:28 am
really Mexican furniture and patio furniture is best to buy
balcony / October 6, 2013 at 09:56 am
we love your blog and we are learning new thing on each post :)
keep up the good work!
gardenplanet / October 6, 2013 at 02:44 pm
Nice blog I think I can learn a lot. waiting for more
Rogers / October 8, 2013 at 12:39 am
Thanks for sharing. I was looking for some furniture outlets only. This blog was of great use.
NoahColeman / October 21, 2013 at 06:04 am
I have so many patio furniture. it really a good furniture
Carrie B. / November 5, 2013 at 10:29 am
I've bought my patio on Furnishly or Frontier Sales, I can't remember, but it was used. The price was around 350$ for a table, bench and a chair with pillows.
I've been shopping second hand furniture for years - it's cheaper and you can find some amazing pieces. I found an article about second hand furniture that sums up pretty much all my favorite spots and I really recommend trying these!

Carrie B. replying to a comment from Carrie B. / November 5, 2013 at 10:31 am
I forgot to link the article - http://juliekinnear.com/blogs/second-hand-furniture-toronto
Zack / November 21, 2013 at 01:56 pm
I think Furnishly is closed down. But another great website to check out for Toronto furniture stores is http://www.bulletinboardfurniture.com/
Ken / January 14, 2014 at 10:25 am
http://www.cabanacoast.com/ - Great store if you're looking for more of a contemporary design.
Basis replying to a comment from jake / February 11, 2014 at 02:16 pm
The author is correct. Purchased from InsideOut on Castlefield and the patio furniture is great quality and the price is reasonable. The others are either to expensive and you have to wait 8 weeks or you just get really cheap furniture.
Richard S / February 15, 2014 at 11:12 am
There's also a great patio furniture place in Niagara everyone should check out. http://www.suncountryleisure.com
Furniture Store Toronto / February 18, 2014 at 12:12 am
Oh My Goodness...This is really such a nice list of furniture store in toronto. If you would like to decorate your home furniture in more luxurious style, then do not forget to visit decorium.com. We have wonderful pieces of accent tables, chairs and stressless furniture with best deals and offers.
Outdoor furniture Sydney / March 11, 2014 at 02:08 am
Thanks for providing very informative tips.Premium Patio has also agreat range of Outdoor timber furniture everyone should check out.

Furniture Sri Lanka / March 22, 2014 at 12:36 am
A very good and informative article indeed. It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge, http://www.maniksfurniture.lk/
Daniel Lloyd / March 24, 2014 at 11:53 pm
It is a good list for buying patio furniture . The people is moving more to decorate their homes and giving a unique design or style so the market of furniture is boost up .
Larry / April 4, 2014 at 02:55 pm
Just placed our order at http://www.wickerpark.ca

Let's hope this summer will be longer then last year's
Nixon J. / April 11, 2014 at 12:28 pm
Great list of patio stores. We shopped at a gem of a place not on this list called Southport Outdoor Living at Hwy. 427 and Hwy. 7. Service was amazing (staff were all really nice) and the selection was out of this world. Largest I've seen. Definitely not on the low side for pricing, but if you see the quality of the products you can quickly see the difference. Just throwing it out there because they were not on the list and they definitely should be. Enjoy the summer...on your new furniture! Nixon J.
colleen replying to a comment from smartygirl / May 22, 2014 at 09:27 pm
I thought it was very funny too...a bit surprising though given that it's an article about patio furniture. Didn't expect to be entertained.
Tran / May 26, 2014 at 03:53 pm
Check out Fute Design at Dundas W & Euclid if you're looking for something different at great prices. They always have good discounts there.
why is patio furniture so expensive? / June 29, 2014 at 10:01 am
Hilarious article! "Bitches be getting serious about their patios in here." hahaha.
JohnS / July 11, 2014 at 05:15 pm
Regarding Inside Out Toronto; while pricey this place has lots of nice furniture and accessories for your outdoor space. That's about all you can say that is good about Inside Out. Largely run by incompetent staff who treat customers poorly. I paid for delivery and my first order never arrived when they said it would. I am very diligent with my schedule and my personal calendar. I immediately put the delivery time and date in when we purchased the item so there was no mistake on my part. Rather than accepting responsibility and tying to find a solution the to the problem the girl was simply rude and unapologetic telling me I would have to pay the $100 delivery a second time. I had to fight with them to get the furniture delivered and when it did arrived it was 11pm at night. So an entire day was wasted thanks to Inside Out's incompetence. For the second item we purchased we needed a cushion to match our original items. We were told that in order to expedite the process of getting the custom made cushion we should give them a down payment on the order so as to get it in two weeks. Well two weeks came and went, no item. We called to see if it was available, we could tell that something was wrong as if it had never been ordered or expedited as promised. So in the end, our down payment meant nothing and it took 4 weeks rather than the promised 2 to get the cushion. To make matters worse the item we purchased the cushion for arrived damaged. We expected ti would be a simple matter to let them know and have it replaced with a non-defective item. However their system for damaged items is on par with their other lack luster service. In order to contact their service department you must do so via email. After you send your email you will get no response or acknowledgement of the issue. One would expect some automated response at the very least letting you know your request was received. Sadly, a system like this is a tall order for Inside Out. You're simply left to wonder if your problem will be solved. Who operates this way? I followed up with the store and the first thing they did was immediately try to lower my expectations by telling me they were really busy and they would try to get to it. This is fundamental problem with Inside Out. They have little to no customer service skills. Once they have your money they are done with you and off to the next customer. In Toronto there are plenty of nice places to buy furniture and accessories for your outdoor space. Avoid Inside Out at all costs, it's just simply one of the worst stores I have even had the displeasure of dealing with. I will never buy anything from them again.
Sylvie / July 12, 2014 at 01:54 pm
This is a great blog... Some of the comments are clearly other retail stores bashing others. If you take this much time to complain about stores your full of it or better yet leave a real name and picture of yourself! Starting my shopping for some outdoor furniture and will follow up with a real comment.
GOT A GOOD DEAL! / September 4, 2014 at 01:27 pm
Just bought my set from General Products (www.gppatio.com). It's out in Richmond Hill, but they got a huge selection and friendly staffs...Pricing weren't overpriced like others in Toronto.