Friday, April 25, 2014Mostly Cloudy 8°C

My Style: Edgy girly
Favourite Item: Wild sunglasses

Contributed by Lea Wiest

gorf / March 28, 2012 at 12:08 pm
Go Timmy!!!
I'm an Artist / March 28, 2012 at 12:09 pm
I think the most fun for me in these Street Style blogs is reading the "Occupation".
James / March 28, 2012 at 12:13 pm
I'm gonna call B.S. on Paul and say those aren't Surface to Air.
Eggagog / March 28, 2012 at 12:13 pm
Vintage shoes. Who wants to buy my vintage Doc Martens with at least a decade's worth of fungus in them?
blah replying to a comment from I'm an Artist / March 28, 2012 at 12:23 pm
Is it really so novel that people living in the downtown core are trying to make it as artists or whatnot? Chances are that people with "pseudo jobs", as you seem to see them, are going to try to make themselves look more distinctive, and are more likely to be featured in style blogs. I get why you're laughing but it's really not that funny or notable. You want real people jobs? Check out suburban or small town based style blogs.

Michelle / March 28, 2012 at 12:26 pm
What is Timmy holding in his hand? It looks like a photoshopped in retro mini-TV from the 70s.
Matt / March 28, 2012 at 12:28 pm
I'm not sure he thinks they're Surface to Air, James. They're obviously not ankle boots. He probably has a pair at home. Or maybe he doesn't! Who cares, right?
adam / March 28, 2012 at 12:40 pm
Anthony, what brand of leather jacket is that?
Melissa / March 28, 2012 at 12:41 pm
Great style but such A-typical Toronto "trendster" profiles- artists, songwriters, buyers- all great jobs (especially bike shop owner-so cool) but come on BlogTO lets try to follow EVERYONE in Toronto - chefs, real estate agents, pr reps, construction workers- VERSATILITY PLEASE!
Street Meet / March 28, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Spring has sprung! The real Street Style is back!
Hillary / March 28, 2012 at 12:45 pm
I think Paul spoke for everyone, when asked about his style.
Haters Gonna Hate / March 28, 2012 at 12:54 pm
I love how many opinionated douchebags jump on the Street Style posts and bash everyone. Who's photographing you? Oh, right, yourselves, using Instagram. Cool life!
Dirtynickels / March 28, 2012 at 01:01 pm
I also love the 'Occupation' field, purely for its hilarity. The question right under it should be, 'Since you're holding a phone/bike/purse/coffee/bag, what do you REALLY do when you wake up in the morning?"

Also, I'm a Ninjastronaut. (Ninja-Astronaut)
I'm an Artist replying to a comment from blah / March 28, 2012 at 01:09 pm
Nothing distinctive here. Check out any other street style where most of the features are "artists/actors/social media specialists", might as well be the same people each blog. Apparently wearing tight pants in TO makes one an artist.
amy / March 28, 2012 at 01:09 pm
Natacia..singer/dancer/actor, Triple Threat!
krs / March 28, 2012 at 01:11 pm
Natacia is a man, right?
blah replying to a comment from I'm an Artist / March 28, 2012 at 01:13 pm
That's exactly my point! Every single street style at least ten commenters make the SAME joke about how the ppl featured don't have "real people jobs" and call themselves artists or whatnot. If it wasn't that funny the first time someone posted it, it's not going to be funny the 500th time.

I often think the comments for street style are based on an algorithm guaranteed to maximize monotony and unfunniness.
I'm an Artist replying to a comment from blah / March 28, 2012 at 01:21 pm
I disagree, I still find artist bashing amusing and will continue to do so at every opportunity I see. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to pack up my MacBook Pro and head down to Starbucks to start "working" on my latest sure to be hit screenplay, which will not doubt soon be picked up by a makeshift theatre running out of some pothead's basement in Kensington Market and attended by a total of 4 people who will then write some pretentious blog about how it was the greatest show they've ever seen. Maybe I'll be on Street Style one day after all!
blah replying to a comment from I'm an Artist / March 28, 2012 at 01:39 pm
Now you're trying too hard.
proposing replying to a comment from I'm an Artist / March 28, 2012 at 01:39 pm
I would love nothing more than to rip off your cardigan and mess up your natural bed head (30 minute mouse massaged) hair. But first, we can ride our overpriced bikes to local microbreweries and because brand name beer tastes like water. Smoking belmont's and talking about how we would rather make art than money. We'll finish our date by standing awkwardly listening to some shitty dj play electronic rock he made in garage band off of his mac. We'll be so cool!
blah replying to a comment from proposing / March 28, 2012 at 01:46 pm
You too. You guys must be friends.
I'm an Artist replying to a comment from proposing / March 28, 2012 at 01:48 pm
I think I've found my soulmate!
Rob / March 28, 2012 at 01:50 pm
The comments here make this blog so worth it. :)
blah replying to a comment from Rob / March 28, 2012 at 02:00 pm
On a serious note, why? I know people grow tired of seeing similar people week after week but the same goes for the whole format in general. Are people really amused hearing the same jokes again and again?

I pretty much take it for granted that the people profiled are going to call themselves artists or social media whatevers. Its more or less the same with street style fashion columns in most cities and magazines. And I've come to expect the same response: har har soandso is a ditch pig, how come these people don't have real people jobs. I dunno, you may as well snicker at the sky being blue? I come here every so often hoping for something different but no dice.
I'm an Artist replying to a comment from blah / March 28, 2012 at 02:10 pm
Don't worry my friend, the mods will remove 90% of the comments from this thread once the read them anyway, then you'll be left with nothing but the happy thoughts from fellow artisans.
Amy / March 28, 2012 at 02:14 pm
I'm an Artist and proposing, thanks guys, for making an already great day even better!

I come for the "style", I stay for the comments. :)
blah replying to a comment from I'm an Artist / March 28, 2012 at 02:26 pm
Lol, I think you mean artist, not artisan. An artisan is a skilled tradesman- sure the term is occasionally used these days to describe people who make superficial, ornamental shiz but historically it pertains to woodworkers, furniture/jewelry craftsmen, and the like.

Rest assured I have a real person degree and real person job. I couldn't give a howling fart what other people do with their lives or call themselves. I just don't find the same jokes again and again funny.
Yo / March 28, 2012 at 02:37 pm
Seriously, doesn't anyone have a real job? Where are the cooks and cleaners, city workers and retail workers? These all (maybe not the bike guy) look like trust fund babies having an edgy romp in the city before they move back to woodbridge or kelowna.
I'm an Artist / March 28, 2012 at 02:37 pm
So you're telling me the guy that makes my Subway sandwich is not, in fact, a sandwich Artisan? The 5 dollar footlongs suddenly seem like less of a good deal.
blah replying to a comment from I'm an Artist / March 28, 2012 at 02:49 pm
You're still getting the term wrong. Food franchises have co-opted the term and made it into a buzz phrase as a gimmick to lend the impression that their wares are specially crafted.
I'm an Artist / March 28, 2012 at 03:04 pm
I know, I was just joking with you.
blah replying to a comment from I'm an Artist / March 28, 2012 at 03:12 pm
suuuuuuure
Eat Fresh! / March 28, 2012 at 03:42 pm
"5 Dollar .. (dun dun dun).. 5 dollar foot loooooooooooong"
lol / March 28, 2012 at 03:51 pm
everything looks forced....
Matt / March 28, 2012 at 04:13 pm
I feel like, if any of these people were removed from an urban environment (or forced to live beyond of walking distance to boutique cheese shops and an H&M) they'd be dead inside a week.
gorf / March 28, 2012 at 04:42 pm
Most of the commenters here do an excellent job at proving how shallow, judgmental and superficial society really is. Good on ya.
BIG BRAINS replying to a comment from blah / March 28, 2012 at 06:30 pm
My real-person job is that I give howling farts. They are the most powerful. They howl like wolves.

Rock over London, rock on Chicago. Apple. Think different.
N / March 28, 2012 at 06:46 pm
Dear Blogto: Why do you even bother having comments on the Street Style posts? They just draw a bunch of semi-literate haters. Keep the comments closed on these posts. It's the only thing that makes sense.
droll replying to a comment from N / March 28, 2012 at 07:52 pm
Whoa! Stop-Right-There! As soon as I see a Street Style post I quickly scan My Style and Occupation then make a beeline for the Comments.
gbenji / March 28, 2012 at 08:13 pm
Timmy is dreamy! What a specimen !
lawl replying to a comment from I'm an Artist / March 28, 2012 at 08:49 pm
so....did you all spend your days coming back to this? Telling all your friends how silly the comments were? Having a laugh? Thinking of a good comeback? Your 'real person jobs' must really be so fulfilling.
Jimmy / March 28, 2012 at 09:00 pm
Why do artists always wear extra tight pants?
Dan / March 28, 2012 at 09:30 pm
Hey Paul, newsflash those are definitely not Surface to Air, you're either trying to fool us, or someone fooled you.
Anthony / March 28, 2012 at 09:57 pm
i thought i said teacher?
neilson / March 28, 2012 at 10:20 pm
Neilson is sporting a snub-nosed revolver so that he can kill at least six of these store-bought assholes.
Lady / March 28, 2012 at 11:30 pm
Parkdale chic in Yorkdale!??! Try again Paul
Paul / March 28, 2012 at 11:49 pm
I so wanna feed the troll. So much. So so much.
uh / March 29, 2012 at 12:09 am
i think a part of parkdale died a little when you said "Parkdale chic"

brian / March 29, 2012 at 07:46 am
this could be a hipster grandiose idea, but heregoes:

open mic with the haters at a dive bar somewhere, commenters to street style get a mic and we project the images and profiles on a massive screen on stage for haters to comment on while we all chug cheap papst.

It will have an underground beatnik vibe like in madmen when he smokes pot to poetry with the random chick.

and then...guess who's here? that's right ...one of the actual subjects comes out from behind the screen and wearing the same clothes as in the profile....pure reality TV gold with no writers necessary, cancon friendly at that!
Tom replying to a comment from uh / March 29, 2012 at 07:48 am
I think maybe that was the point. Ever consider that sometimes these dudes are just taking the piss?
ROB replying to a comment from Jimmy / March 29, 2012 at 08:08 am
They have no balls to chafe therefore skinny jeans are the obvious fashion choice.
Tina Chrisopher replying to a comment from N / March 29, 2012 at 08:37 am
Don't cry lil' cupcake. It's just a widdew buwwying.
I'm an Artist replying to a comment from lawl / March 29, 2012 at 08:37 am
Emma / March 29, 2012 at 09:51 am
How is Gin Sexsmith stylish exactly? She hasnt got any style at all!
green scarf replying to a comment from Lady / March 29, 2012 at 11:55 am
You know like you can from an area in toronto and walking everywhere you don't have to have your area also don't you think !!!!!
Lucidato / March 29, 2012 at 02:27 pm
Great to see actual 'street styles' are being captured. Yet, a little disappointed at the styles captured.

Find street fashion @ lucidato.tumblr.com
Ola replying to a comment from Yo / March 30, 2012 at 10:34 pm
They're at work, like bankers, engineers, teachers, lawyers, and alike. Who else would have time to hang out on Queen Str. W. in the middle of the afternoon
Ola replying to a comment from Haters Gonna Hate / March 30, 2012 at 10:37 pm
we're at work actually working when the "photographers" are searching the streets for the "style icons". Seriously, come me to my office any day and you will have enough material for 2 posts at least.

N replying to a comment from Tina Chrisopher / March 31, 2012 at 09:49 am
Thanks for proving my point!
Anthony replying to a comment from adam / April 3, 2012 at 01:59 pm
Hi Adam, It is Diesel Black Gold...
Casey replying to a comment from Melissa / April 10, 2012 at 12:09 pm
Maybe if people with "real" jobs or anything in those other jobs/careers wanted to be featured they should take more care of what they wear and have a sense of style. I don't know many construction workers who are trend setters or well dressed.