Show Soup Can Theatre Some Love - A Special Valentine's Cabaret Fundraiser!
Love your Squeeze so much that you want to celebrate Valentine’s Day with them twice? Don’t have a Sweetie Pie, Snookums, or Snuggle Bunny to call your own but still want to bask in the cloyingly saccharine glow of love? On February 12th, grab a pocketful of cinnamon hearts and join Soup Can Theatre at the Hard Luck Bar for a jam packed evening of pre-Valentine’s Day entertainment! Our stellar line-up includes:
- The Dirty and Delightful Ditties of Comic Chanteuse Jenna Warriner
- The Sensual and Seductive Burlesque of the ‘Nerd Girl Pinups’
- The Comically Sh!tty Sleight of Hand of Shoddy Magician Steve Boleantu
- The Sauced and Saucy Musical Musings of Liza Minnelli [aka Jeni Walls]
- The Mind-Bending Side Show Feats of Steve Winchester of ‘Winchester Mind Over Body’
- The Hilarious Shenanigans of Sketch Troupe ‘Fratwurst’
- The Smooth Stylings of Singer-Songwriter Jeff Giles
- The Macabre and Practical Advice of H.P. Lovecraft [aka Leeman Kessler], Youtube Star of ‘Ask Lovecraft’
- The Side-Splitting Antics of Sketch Troupe ‘Rulers of the Universe’
- The Artful and Poetic Songs of Musical Renaissance Man Mickey Rodriguez
If that wasn't already incentive enough, be one of the first 50 people to join us and receive a complimentary gift bag filled with sweet edible treats!
You can also pick up some serious swag for that special someone! We've got amazing raffle and silent auction prizes – with treats, tickets, and gift certificates galore - generously donated by local companies and artisans including:
-The Condom Shack
-The National Theatre of the World
-Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
-The Lower Ossington Theatre
-Hart House Theatre
-Young People's Theatre
-Fly By Night Theatre
-Good For Her
-Old Spaghetti Factory
-Vintage Shop ‘Of a Kind’
-'Who Do You Love' Photography
Where: The Hard Luck Bar - 772A Dundas St. West (at Bathurst). Please note this venue is not wheelchair accessible.
When: Tuesday February 12th, doors at 7pm.
How Much: Pay-What-You-Can ($10 suggested donation).
All proceeds from the evening will be going to our upcoming double-feature of one acts: Samuel Barber's 'A Hand of Bridge' and Jean-Paul Sartre's 'No Exit', running March 27-30 at the Tapestry New Opera Studio in the Distillery District!
For more information and updates, please visit: http://www.facebook.com/events/456649791051500