Baka Gallery Cafe may have opened its doors in January, but summer will certainly prove to be quite fruitful for this new(ish) Bloor West Village joint. With a large, umbrella'd...
The Dineen Coffee Co. opened its doors to the anxiously awaiting public at Yonge and Temperance today — a corner which, though bustling with foot traffic from the tourists of...
Havana Style Cafe and Gallery is bringing a little taste of Cuba to Etobicoke's Alderwood neighbourhood since it opened about two months ago. Surrounded by nondescript low-rise commercial buildings and...
Cafe Olya opened up this past month as the latest addition to the Parliament strip of Cabbagetown. Located just south of Wellesley, you might run the risk of missing it,...
Cabin Fever Collective is a cafe, record store, and gallery in one. Having undergone a transformation from a pretty nondescript nail salon in the west end, this space is now...
El Almacen on Dupont is part yerba mate cafe, part general store. Like the original location in West Queen West, the central food features here include homemade alfajores, empanadas, soup,...
The Hogtown Cure opened up last week, following a whirlwind construction schedule, and it's a prime location for a shop that dubs itself a deli and cafe (with deli standing...
Le Neuf Cafe is a serene little cafe and patisserie in a busy area of downtown Toronto. Though I generally like to think I'm quite familiar with the city's downtown core,...
Samadhi Tea House, now in the short-lived Juice Dept space on Baldwin, is perhaps the antithesis of those uber-trendy tea spots cropping up around the city. The vibe is traditional,...
Intergalactic Travel Authority is not, unfortunately, an actual space travel command centre (we'll leave that to Richard Branson). The shop and cafe is, however, trying to emulate that "space departure...
It's Jenny Espresso Boutique is a familiar-looking espresso bar in Cabbagetown right by Berkeley Street. The cafe is familiar for a very good reason, since it has pretty much has...
Café Con Leche is located by the underwhelming intersection of Dupont and Perth. "Underwhelming" by first impression, mind you. Because if you ask owners Carlos and Sandra — and indeed,...
The Black Canary Espresso Bar (Yonge) is the place to get a hot Nutellacino (that is, Nutella Cappucino to the layman) while catching up on the latest disarray in Gotham...
Balzac's Coffee at the Toronto Reference Library has finally opened, allowing knowledge-seeking scholars to satiate their coffee cravings. Or just people in the area looking for good espresso. Whatever. This...
The Black Canary Espresso Bar is the rebranded, redesigned incarnation of the former Bisogno Espresso Bar. The fundamentals — that is, the coffee, the snacks, the overall atmosphere is the...
Indian Rice Factory Chai Bar doesn't do its chai the teabag/shortcut way--perish the thought! This is masala chai done the authentic way, albeit, with a slightly tweaked method to cater...
Rachel's Coffee House is a new independent (key word) cafe by a pair of longtime Toronto coffee veterans. Maria Chan and her husband, Jack, owned a Second Cup franchise in...
Sunny Joe's Cafe feels like a country corner stop, Now, I know it's kind of hokey to say, but I couldn't help thinking of an old Muskoka coffee and convenience...
The Common (Bloor) is the second café of its kind to grace Toronto, modeled after the original incarnation over at College and Dufferin. For years, The Common name has been associated...
Bivy is Pascal Vernhes' attempt to remedy an apparent drought of quality, affordable cafe eats along Dundas West. The Parisian and former owner of Midi Bistro is planning on a...
Sam James (PATH) just wrapped up its inaugural week and its momentum at close shows no sign of slowing down. I stop by the third and newest location on a Friday...
The Sovereign is a new indie coffee shop that gambled its launch on the outcome of the most recent provincial election. That's right; while most cafes look to, say, neighbourhood...
Academy Cafe is very much as it sounds. Located in the former home of Fahrenheit Coffee on the Esplanade, this new espresso bar is actually the front retail spot of...
Balzac's in Ryerson has finally made its much, much anticipated arrival. Back in 2011, Ryerson began its search for a new café to occupy the ground floor retail space of...
Find a Cafe
Use the filters below to show just the cafes you want. Filter by category, neighbourhood or both.
Find Cafes by Neighbourhood
- Annex (14)
- Avenue and Lawrence (1)
- Baldwin Village (4)
- Beaches (4)
- Bloor West Village (5)
- Bloorcourt (4)
- Bloordale Village (5)
- Cabbagetown (4)
- Chinatown (8)
- Church Wellesley Village (4)
- Corktown (2)
- Corso Italia (1)
- Danforth (14)
- Distillery District (2)
- Dundas West (12)
- East Chinatown (2)
- East York (3)
- Eglinton West (1)
- Etobicoke (8)
- Financial District (3)
- Harbourfront (1)
- High Park (2)
- Junction (8)
- Junction Triangle (7)
- Kensington Market (14)
- King East (6)
- King West (12)
- Koreatown (3)
- Leslieville (8)
- Liberty Village (4)
- Little India (1)
- Little Italy (12)
- Markham (5)
- Mount Pleasant (1)
- North York (6)
- Ossington (2)
- Other (5)
- Parkdale (6)
- Queen West (8)
- Richmond Hill (1)
- Riverside (3)
- Roncesvalles Village (9)
- Rosedale (3)
- Scarborough (6)
- St. Clair West (5)
- St. Lawrence Market (1)
- Upper Beaches (4)
- West Queen West (13)
- Yonge & Bloor (5)
- Yonge & College (1)
- Yonge & Dundas (11)
- Yonge & Eglinton (6)
- Yonge & Lawrence (3)
- Yonge & St. Clair (1)
- Yonge & Wellesley (1)
- Yorkville (6)
Look up cafes on the go.
- Baka Gallery Cafe Upscale, modern CAFE with one delicious espresso..impressive brunch offerings and the food itself. Beautiful art pieces and a good space to relax..great space to host events.
- Jet Fuel Coffee I feel like only haters review things on BlogTO. Staff are cool, don't expect to be pampered, if you want a drink you will get it and they aren't rude...
- The Bandit Coffee Group The music is fine! It adds to the atmosphere. Why is everyone complaining? Are they all over 60?
- Cafe Olya Who cares about Jet Fuel, keep the convo focused on Olya! The coffee is delic, the peeps are awesome and the baked treats are nom nom good! I love coming...
- Dineen Coffee Co. Maybe you're a creeper since you're able to make a commitment of never going back because two girls pissed you off for not saying hello? And where around the world have...
- Baka Gallery Cafe I go and get my daily fix of their cappuccino. Best I have ever had. The. Soup is also made fresh everyday and they have a great variety. You must...
- Baka Gallery Cafe Hmmm .... my original 'comment' was deleted? Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned 'teeming' or the competing cafe across the street? LOL
- Baka Gallery Cafe Really nice cafe and friendly staff) The second floor is just a piece of art! Love it))
- Baka Gallery Cafe I hear that Baka Cafe is now open until 9pm daily, except on Sundays it is open until 6 pm, for the summer.
- Baka Gallery Cafe Great caffe macchiato on a patio not quite on Bloor St - summer fun.
- Baka Gallery Cafe Phenomenal coffee, the cappuccinos are the best I’ve had in the city. It makes sense that Sam James trained their baristas.
- Baka Gallery Cafe An excellent addition to my neighbourhood. Proud to call myself a regular. Their cappuccino is simply to die for...
- Baka Gallery Cafe perhaps teeming was the wrong word
- Baka Gallery Cafe "this is a real treat for a neighborhood teeming with sports bars and Starbucks." Note, the author said it's teeming with sports bars and Starbucks (Starbucks being singular). Perhaps the way he...
- Baka Gallery Cafe Fyi, I think the Quebec roasting company you're referring to is "Toi, Moi et Café"?
- The Sovereign Boys, good luck. Great coffee and a great place to relax and collect your roots. Fills a great void left in my life by the closing of The Rockabilly. Buona...
- Caffe Furbo Read about this place and really wanted to love it. The clean space, the great design, the splashes of art: all great concepts. What the experience was really like? Well, the...
- Cafe M This place is great. Excellent sandwiches and there is a great feel to the cafe.
- Dineen Coffee Co. Staff was very rude and snobby this morning may 21. The latte took so long and was not hot. The croissant was so small. I left feeling not wanted from...
- C House Lounge Cafe Visited with my wife the other day. The food and service was certainly good. But the atmosphere--like you entered a 5 star supper club-nite club is exciting. With its combination...
- Fair Grounds Organic Cafe & Roastery I love discovering new coffee shops, so I didn't mind the idea of making the trek to this place from Mississauga. But I have to be honest, if it weren't...
- Ten Ren's one of the best bubble teas in toronto. simply my favourite!
- Rooster Coffee House (King East) Just moved into the Distillery, and very excited to hear the Rooster is in the Hood. Went over to Balzacs this morning for a brew and it was a morge...
- Rooster Coffee House (King East) All the food looks covered in the photos!
- Dineen Coffee Co. Their iced latte is excellent and despite the price the medium is quite big. I do agree though that it has a similar feel to Balzacs, with the same old...
- Seven Grams Hate to admit it but this place has it right. 9/10. One point off cause its TOO nice.
- Rooster Coffee House (King East) Well, I like The Rooster at Broadview & Queen. I especially liked the owners and the baristas (those I know). They are the make or break of any indie coffee...
- Rooster Coffee House (King East) I've been twice so far! I love this place! :D Welcome to the hood!
- RISE Espresso Love RISE! Delicious high-quality espresso and just all round lovely people. Great place!
- Clafouti Thank you kindly for the nice comments , we try to do the best we can everyday since 2003 and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I will pass on you...
Most Commented On
- Aroma Espresso Bar Toronto 108 Comments
- Jet Fuel Coffee 105 Comments
- Snakes and Lattes 104 Comments
- White Squirrel Coffee Shop 90 Comments
- Sam James Coffee Bar 78 Comments
- Sense Appeal Coffee Roasters 74 Comments
- Bulldog Coffee 71 Comments
- The Good Neighbour 71 Comments
- Manic Coffee Knows Their Brew 69 Comments
- The Rooster Coffee House 66 Comments
- Tango Palace Coffee Company 65 Comments
- The Pinball Cafe 63 Comments
- Cafe Novo 62 Comments
- Hank's 59 Comments
- Roncy's Bean 55 Comments
- El Almacen 54 Comments
- Dark Horse 3 53 Comments
- Rustic Owl 53 Comments
- Mad Dog Cafe 52 Comments
- Cafe Pamenar 50 Comments
- The Communal Mule 45 Comments
- Te Aro 44 Comments
- Zaza Espresso Bar 44 Comments
- Dark Horse Espresso Bar (Chinatown) 43 Comments
- Starving Artist 42 Comments
- Crafted by Te Aro 42 Comments
- Hula Girl 42 Comments
- Lit Espresso Bar 40 Comments
- Fahrenheit Coffee (Lombard) 40 Comments
- Little Nicky's Coffee 38 Comments
- 10 places in Toronto to get free stuff on your birthday
- The top 10 Toronto athletes on Twitter
- The top 5 bakeries in Scarborough
- The 10 worst movies made in Toronto
- The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto
- The top 10 buildings lost to demolition in Toronto
- The top 10 Toronto viral videos of all time
- The top 10 moments in Toronto sports
- Summer beer festivals in Toronto 2013
- Toronto Food Events: CraveTO, Taste of the Food Terminal, Abbey's Kitchen Stadium, TO Food Fest
- The Mess Hall cooks up tasty midnight snacks
- Toronto restaurant openings: Burger's Priest opens on Queen, Switch, Craft Dogs, Rose and Sons barbecue
- Marquis of Granby pub opening soon in old Barn space
- This week on DineSafe: Gourmet Pizza, Shoeless Joe's, Il Fornello, FV Foods
- Download our Patio Guide for Android and iPhone
- Toronto Food Events: Food Revolution Day, Brewer's Backyard, The Stop Night Market