See Scape is a cafe, art gallery and gaming lounge that celebrates all things nerdy. Located in the Junction, the eclectic space provides a much needed refuge from the conventional...
Press Books, Coffee and Vinyl is a library, cafe and record store on the East Danforth. Offering an eclectic selection of second-hand records, nostalgic VHS, DVDs and used books, it's...
Sumach Espresso is the sibling cafe to Broadview Espresso. Owner Mike Cullen seems to have a knack for turning formerly sketchy spots into coffee havens; Broadview Espresso used to be...
TOT the Cat Cafe, located at College and Spadina, has won the race to become the city's first (highly anticipated) cat cafe. My friend and I are apparently so excited...
The Theatre Centre Cafe has replaced BevLab inside the home of The Theatre Centre, the live arts hub and incubator on West Queen West. This bright, natural light-filled part of...
Krave Coffee is an appealing cafe in Hillcrest Village on St. Clair West. Taking over what was once a Vietnamese pho restaurant, the space has transformed into a rustic haven...
Grey Tiger is a cafe and cocktail bar on Bloor St. just west of Dufferin. It's the product of a partnership between Ryan Ringer and Becky Ip, and part of...
Marvel Coffee has opened a second location off the Danforth, on Carlaw Ave. not too far from its first shop by the Donlands TTC station. This is a slightly larger...
Crosstown Coffee Bar announces itself with a row of red lanterns, tucked off the corner of Highbourne and Eglinton. This charming cafe is located in the heart of a residential...
Neo Coffee Bar is a contemporary bakery and cafe unique to Toronto's crop of rustic or European styled espresso bars. Found at the base of a condo in the St....
Boxcar Social has a second location in Riverside in addition to its original spot in Summerhill, bringing its highly specialized brand of cafe-bar hybrid to the east side of town. This...
Dark Horse Espresso Bar, one of the original Toronto indie coffee brands, has expanded its empire with a fifth location, taking over what used to be an auto body shop...
Sharetea is a popular bubble tea chain from Taiwan that already has a few locations in Toronto. This particular outpost is a bright space conveniently located by Ryerson just east...
Sam James now has a fifth coffee outpost, this time on Toronto St., where a mom-and-pop lunch takeout spot called Young Cafe used to be, beside Mercatto. Like the others,...
Tucana Coffee is a coffee shop on Dundas West from Tenille Clarke who worked at Ossington coffee shop Crafted for four years. She received her training and knowledge from Pilot...
The Common has a new Annex location - at Bloor and Brunswick, a few doors down from By The Way Cafe and just across the street from Future Bakery. The...
Red Bulb Espresso Bar is bringing the indie coffee scene north. Located on Stouffville's historic Main St., Red Bulb is the perfect local coffee shop in a community experiencing tremendous...
Dark Horse Espresso has a brand-new Queen East location, just a stone's throw away from the original location (now closed). The new digs replace the first spot, and the similarities...
Istanbul Cafe is a wonderful new coffee shop at Eglinton and Redpath that celebrates the culture of Turkey. It brings a much-needed independent twist to otherwise corporate cafes in the...
The Second Cup Coffee Co. at King and John, located in the heart of Toronto's Theatre District, is the first location in the Second Cup chain to receive a complete...
The Tenant coffee shop took over after The Mascot went bust in Parkdale. By the looks of it I'm not sure if the name is a play on the Roman...
Find a Cafe
Use the filters below to show just the cafes you want. Filter by category, neighbourhood or both.
Find Cafes by Neighbourhood
- Annex (19)
- Avenue and Lawrence (1)
- Baldwin Village (5)
- Bayview and Leaside (2)
- Beaches (7)
- Bloor West Village (6)
- Bloorcourt (9)
- Bloordale Village (6)
- Cabbagetown (4)
- Chinatown (10)
- Church Wellesley Village (5)
- Corktown (4)
- Corso Italia (1)
- Danforth (18)
- Distillery District (2)
- Dundas West (8)
- East Chinatown (3)
- East York (3)
- Eglinton West (1)
- Etobicoke (8)
- Financial District (11)
- High Park (2)
- Junction (10)
- Junction Triangle (6)
- Kensington Market (13)
- King East (8)
- King West (16)
- Koreatown (2)
- Leslieville (10)
- Liberty Village (6)
- Little India (5)
- Little Italy (17)
- Markham (10)
- Mount Pleasant (1)
- North York (14)
- Ossington (5)
- Other (4)
- Pape Village (1)
- Parkdale (4)
- Queen West (10)
- Richmond Hill (1)
- Riverside (4)
- Roncesvalles Village (10)
- Rosedale (5)
- Scarborough (8)
- St. Clair West (7)
- St. Lawrence Market (1)
- Upper Beaches (5)
- West Queen West (10)
- Weston-Mount Dennis (1)
- Woodbridge (1)
- Yonge & Bloor (6)
- Yonge & College (2)
- Yonge & Dundas (13)
- Yonge & Eglinton (8)
- Yonge & Lawrence (4)
- Yonge & St. Clair (2)
- Yonge & Wellesley (1)
- Yorkville (6)
Look up cafes on the go.
- The Sidekick Great place. GREAT coffee. Hope they (continue to) make it work.
- The Sidekick The neighbourhood really needed something like this. So happy to see it doing well. Chris is a pleasure to chat to. Great cappuccinos too!
- The Common (Annex) "In there other locations," pls fix this lol
- Manic Coffee Heard a lot about the place and decided to visit today...nice ambiance and solid coffee, staff was wonderful
- Belljar Cafe Being very new to the city (15th day), I'm slowly exploring all the neighbourhoods & this blog is a grear resource. I came across the Belljar cafe and seeing it...
- Creeds Coffee Bar The coffee was pretty good and I enjoyed the atmosphere... I'll go back for that. I did have a pop tart too and it tasted like the jam was not...
- The Black Canary Espresso Bar Well turns out beetle lady Michelle was right and that there were bugs everywhere John... Even tho she was wrong cuz they were not cockroaches. Kinda gross either way tho...
- Krave Coffee Wonderful coffee shop. Dropped in the other day to try their cortado and it was lovely. I hope they do well in this neighbourhood. I will be back.
- I Deal Coffee (Yonge) Sadly, one of the best coffee shops at Yonge/Lawrence is permanently closed.
- Contra Cafe great coffee, great treats, great wifi, friendly staff, nice interior, fantastic patio, never exceedingly busy, excellent but not obtrusive music selections. best cafe in christie pits/bloorcourt area fo sho.
- Krave Coffee WHAT is this?? Christina, shouldn't you be in line at Uncle Tetsu holding your Muji bag while writing your ad copy about the greatness of a Japanese restaurant?
- Crafted by Te Aro They touch the money and the coffee ...yuk...
- Krave Coffee As a general rule, people who think that Bloor is some type of northern boundary are either very young (25>) or not actually from Toronto at all.
- Krave Coffee just opened up on St. Clair West. I know many of the locals that were thrilled that Starbucks opened up, not sure what that'll do for this place or the...
- Mad Dog Cafe Went here for brunch this morning and it was AWESOME. This place needs an updated BlogTO review for sure, as they've really built out their menu since the current review...
- Krave Coffee In the past, when commenting on a coffee shop north of Bloor, I'd say something like: "For this area, this is pretty decent coffee... " But in this case, the quality...
- Aroma Espresso Bar Toronto The sandwiches here are fantastic! I got the grilled chicken sandwich with the aroma spread. It was amazing. The lemonade is tasty as well. For dessert- I go the 3...
- Golden Cafe Closed on weekends?!!!
- Creeds Coffee Bar I love their coffee, and especially love the space. Its great to work in and has a delicious selection of foods. I like super jet coffee, but I find the...
- Madhus Cafe The name of the place is actually based on the Danish language, meaning quite literally, a place to eat, or a food house. Speaking of danishes, they often have some!
- A-Game Cafe A-Game Café is easily the best game café in Toronto. The game library is excellent - they're always bringing in new games and they carry a number of old favourites...
- Coffee Pocket Lots of variety of coffee, but they all have one thing in common: they're all scalding to the skin if you get doused with any of them!
- Golden Cafe Looks fantastic ! When I visit from Vancouver I will bring my baby and hang out in this place and have brunch for sure. The food looks delish ! Congrats...
- Creeds Coffee Bar Seems like the general theme here is that people who have never been there have already decided they don't like it and those that have been, like it. Add...
- Moonbean Cafe @Cat Walker Every retail business will encounter overly precious assh*les such as yourself from time to time. "Cat Walker / OCTOBER 28, 2013 AT 12:16 PM user-pic Was there this past weekend,...
- Field Trip Cafe The owners are super friendly and you can't beat the natural light at this cafe! This might be my new study spot.
- Golden Cafe Golden has become my favourite cafe. Their catering is as extraordinary as their cafe fare. There is nothing these two can't do! Check it out.
- The Remarkable Bean I was getting paying attention and also presence training from kelp, waterfalls, cigarette smoke, waves plunging on the stones in Malibu and also much more.
- Creeds Coffee Bar The only drawback for me is that it opens at 8. I am local. I alternate between rapido (because it's good and close) and second cup (don't judge) because it's...
- Grey Tiger It's great to see this cafe/bar trend take off, I think since Northwood opened in my hood a few years ago. Way better than the city's previous obsession with dive...
Most Commented On
- Jet Fuel Coffee 113 Comments
- Snakes and Lattes 106 Comments
- White Squirrel Coffee Shop 90 Comments
- Sense Appeal Coffee Roasters 82 Comments
- Sam James Coffee Bar 81 Comments
- Bulldog Coffee 78 Comments
- The Good Neighbour 75 Comments
- The Communal Mule 74 Comments
- The Rooster Coffee House 69 Comments
- Tango Palace Coffee Company 68 Comments
- Cafe Novo 65 Comments
- The Pinball Cafe 64 Comments
- Hank's 60 Comments
- El Almacen 59 Comments
- Roncy's Bean 59 Comments
- Bulldog Coffee (Gerrard) 57 Comments
- The Coffee Bar 56 Comments
- Cafe Pamenar 54 Comments
- Rustic Owl 54 Comments
- Dark Horse 3 53 Comments
- Nespresso 53 Comments
- Te Aro 51 Comments
- Aroma Espresso Bar Toronto 50 Comments
- Fahrenheit Coffee (Lombard) 49 Comments
- Dark Horse Espresso Bar (Chinatown) 48 Comments
- Starving Artist 47 Comments
- Le Neuf Cafe 46 Comments
- The Remarkable Bean 45 Comments
- Zaza Espresso Bar 45 Comments
- Hula Girl 45 Comments
- 10 places in Toronto to get free stuff on your birthday
- The top 10 Toronto athletes on Twitter
- The top 5 bakeries in Scarborough
- The 10 worst movies made in Toronto
- The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto
- The top 10 buildings lost to demolition in Toronto
- The top 10 Toronto viral videos of all time
- The top 10 moments in Toronto sports
- Seven Grams Espresso Bar served its last coffee today
- 10 bubble tea shops and dessert cafes in Willowdale
- 10 holiday gift ideas for food lovers in Toronto
- How hard is it to open a restaurant in Toronto?
- Winter farmers' markets in Toronto by day of the week
- Sam James Coffee Bar evicted from Ossington location
- 10 holiday gift ideas for beer lovers in Toronto
- A Boston Pizza might replace The Brunswick House