Monkey's Paw is a unique and beloved bookshop formerly on Dundas West and now on Bloor West near Lansdowne station. Monkey's Paw doesn't sell traditional literature, and no, that doesn't...
The TCAF Shop (also known as Page & Panel) brings a little piece of the Toronto Comic Arts Festival to Yonge and Bloor year-round. Occupying a streetside space in the...
The Silver Snail has been a staple in Toronto's comic arts and hobbyist community for decades. From its comfortable Queen West location, it served as a go-to place for fans...
Sellers & Newel is a rare new entry into the retail book market in Toronto. Stocked with a wide variety of books, ranging from rare collector's items to $3 paperbacks,...
Balfour Books, in its new, smaller, location at 468 College St (west of Bathurst), almost doesn't seem like a used bookstore. Sure, there is a dollar bin right outside the...
As I repeatedly circled around Richmond and Adelaide in search of the new location of Swipe Books, I began to wonder how a store so difficult to find could have...
Despite declining in numbers during the recent 10 years, the used bookstore is still a Toronto staple. The uniqueness of each store is what keeps customers coming back to their...
As far as bookstores go, things might not get any more niche in Toronto than a store near Adelaide and University. Just on the outskirts of the Financial District sits...
As the first Canadian and second longest surviving lesbian and gay bookstore in the world after The Oscar Wilde, Glad Day knows a thing or two about what appeals to...
Find a Bookstore
Use the filters below to show just the bookstores you want. Filter by category, neighbourhood or both.
Find By Category or Neighbourhood
Find Bookstores by Category
Find Bookstores by Neighbourhood
- Annex (13)
- Avenue and Lawrence (1)
- Baldwin Village (1)
- Bayview and Leaside (1)
- Beaches (1)
- Bloor West Village (2)
- Bloorcourt (2)
- Bloordale Village (1)
- Chinatown (1)
- Danforth (4)
- Etobicoke (1)
- Financial District (2)
- Forest Hill Village (1)
- Harbourfront (1)
- Junction (3)
- Kensington Market (2)
- King West (1)
- Koreatown (1)
- Little India (1)
- Little Italy (3)
- Mount Pleasant (1)
- North York (2)
- Other (2)
- Parkdale (1)
- Queen West (1)
- Roncesvalles Village (3)
- Scarborough (1)
- St. Clair West (2)
- Upper Beaches (2)
- West Queen West (2)
- Woodbridge (1)
- Yonge & Bloor (1)
Look up bookstores on the go.
- The Best Shoe Stores in Toronto
- The Best Spinning Classes in Toronto
- The Best Eco-Friendly Baby and Kids Stores in Toronto
- The Best Fair Trade Coffee in Toronto
- The Best Green Buildings in Toronto
- The Best Butchers for Locally Sourced Meat in Toronto
- The Best Green Roofs in Toronto
- The Best Farmers Markets in Toronto
- 10 places in Toronto to get free stuff on your birthday
- The top 10 Toronto athletes on Twitter
- The top 5 bakeries in Scarborough
- The 10 worst movies made in Toronto
- The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto
- The top 10 buildings lost to demolition in Toronto
- The top 10 Toronto viral videos of all time
- The top 10 moments in Toronto sports
- Wanna buy a book from the Biblio-mat?
- Schwarzenegger seduces fans at Toronto Indigo store
- Glad Day 2.0 re-invents itself for the LGBTQ community
- 10 places Toronto writers go to get inspired
- Mjolk's first book is full of wonderfully weird designs
- Toronto's back alley beauty gets the book treatment
- A first look inside the new home of the Silver Snail
- A lesson in the joys of Toronto's messy urbanism