What's open and closed on Canada Day 2015 in Toronto. For info about fireworks happenings check this post out.
- Government offices and banks
- No mail delivery
- Outdoor swimming pools, wading pools and splash pads will all be open on Canada Day. Swimming pool schedules are available online.
- All five City golf courses will be open and offer holiday rates on July 1. See hours and locations posted online.
- The TTC will operate on holiday service schedule with a start time of 6am.
- Major chains and grocers like No Frills, Fresh Co., Loblaws, Sobeys, Metro, T&T, Galleria, Arz Fine Foods, and Whole Foods will be closed with few confirmed exceptions listed below.
- Bloorstreet Market (55 Bloor St. West) - 11am to 6pm
- Metro (444 Yonge Street) - open 24 hours
- Loblaws (60 Carlton Street) - 10am to 6pm
- Pusateri's (57 Yorkville Avenue) - 7:30am to 6pm; (1539 Avenue Rd.) 8am to 6pm; (Bayview Village) - 9am to 6pm
- T&T Supermarket (7070 Warden Avenue) - 9am to 10pm; (9255 Woodbine Avenue) 9am to 10pm
- Whole Foods Yorkville (87 Avenue Road) - 10am to 6pm
- Fresh & Wild (69 Spadina Ave.) 10am to 8pm; (2294 Bloor St. West) 9am to 6pm
- The Beer Store and LCBO stores will be closed.
- Steam Whistle (255 Bremner Blvd) - retail store and tours from 11am to 6pm
- Mill St. retail store (21 Tankhouse Lane) - 11am to 8pm
- Amsterdam Brewhouse & Retail Store (245 Queens Quay West) - retail store 11am to 11pm, brewhouse until 1am
- Amsterdam Brewery and retail store (45 Esandar Drive) - retail store 11am to 9pm
- Bellwoods Brewery Bottle Shop (124 Ossington Ave.) - 11am to 11pm
- Left Field Brewery (36 Wagstaff Dr.) - bottle shop open noon to 9pm.
- Dufferin Mall
- Sherway Gardens
- Fairview Mall (with the exception of restaurants)
- Scarborough Town Centre
- Bayview Village (with the exception of some restaurants)
- Eaton Centre (220 Yonge Street) - 10am to 6pm
- Square One Shopping Centre (100 City Centre Drive) - 11am to 6pm
- Vaughan Mills (1 Bass Pro Mills Drive, Vaughan) - 10am to 7pm
- Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Avenue East) - 11am to 8pm
- The Art Gallery of Ontario
Did I miss anything? Add key closures or useful businesses that are open in the comments.
Photo by benitotambara in the blogTO flickr pool.