Mayoral candidate Rob Ford released the remainder of his Taxpayer Protection Plan, within which he reveals seven new policy changes in addition to the five previously released.
- Accountable voting- City Hall votes will be posted online and be accessible
- Reducing secret meetings: reducing secret meetings so taxpayers stay in the know
- Setting service standards: measurable service standards for front-line City Hall staff. Phone and email inquiries will receive timely responses
- Rewarding customer service excellence: bonuses for senior managers, partly tied to measurable results in customer service
- Real community consultation: setting specific standards for community consultation relating to major development and decisions
- Stronger Community Councils: many decisions made at Community Council will no longer require City Council ratification
- Giving citizens a voice a City Council: allowing the public to speak at City Councilmeetings
Of course it all seems lovely, but will it really seduce the undecided to the Rob Ford side? Given the most recent poll, however, perhaps it doesn't matter.