Audio & Video: Young Governor, Pete Vandyk covers Jimmy Reed, Memoryhouse mixtape, two Hooded Fang tracks, The Creepshow and Sweet Thing release new videos, Feist interviewed on Q, ExploreMusic with The Flatliners, & loads more
The holiday slowdown has ended, and 2011 is in full-swing this week with a loaded edition of BlogTO's Audio & Video roundup, which includes a new song from Young Governor, a Memoryhouse mixtape, Pete Vandyk covers Jimmy Reed's "What You Want Me to Do," and two tracks from Hooded Fang. Video has equally as much content with new stuff from The Creepshow and Sweet Thing, Freedom or Death on AUX TV, a Southern Souls session with Ben Somer, and the lovely Feist goes in-depth about her new doc and art in general with Jian Ghomeshi on CBC's Q, and I've got even more jammed in for your listening and viewing pleasure.
• Young Governor - "Married Man"
• Memoryhouse, Death To Our Friends Mixtape
• Pete Vandyk - "What You Want Me to Do" (Jimmy Reed cover)
• Hooded Fang - "Laughing"
• Hooded Fang - "Mutant Beart"
• Woodhands - "Dissembler"
• Eric Chenaux - "Warm Charleston"
• Little Girls - "Growing"
• Lullabye Arkestra - "We Fuck The Night"
• The Creepshow - "Hellbound"
• Sweet Thing - "Lazy Susan"
• Freedom or Death - "Meter Maid"
• Metz - "Lump Sums"
• Ben Somer - "Big City Slang"
• The Flatliners - "Monumental"
• Interview: The Flatliners
• Interview: Feist
The Creepshow - "Hellbound" (official video)
Sweet Thing - "Lazy Susan" (official video)
Freedom or Death - "Meter Maid"
Metz - "Lump Sums" (Live at Sonic Boom)
Ben Somer - "Big City Slang" (a Southern Souls session)
The Flatliners - "Monumental"
Interview: The Flatliners Part 1 (View: Part 2)
Interview: Feist (via Q TV)
Young Governor - "Married Man"
Ben Cook has been hard at work on the new, and highly anticipated, Fucked Up album, but that hasn't stopped him from working on his solo-project, Young Governor, releasing a new track called "Married Man" via SoundCloud and his blog. He goes in to some of the ideas behind the track in that blog post (if you're interested in that kind of thing), but you can listen to the song right here. The Married Man by youngguv
Death To Our Friends Mixtape Tracklist:
1. "This Will Be Our Year" - The Zombies
2. "Guinnevere" - Valerie Dore
3. "Dream Baby Dream" - Black Tambourine
4. "Sunlight" - Max Richter
5. "Death to Our Friends" - Sonic Youth
6. "Altibzz" - Autechre
7. "You Are" - Built to Spill
8. "The Confidential Agent" - American Music Club
9. "Modern Girl" - Sleater-Kinney
10. "Glen Coe" - The Orb (transition)
11. "Famous Blue Raincoat" - Leonard Cohen
12. "For No One" - Emmylou Harris
Pete Vandyk - "What You Want Me to Do" (Jimmy Reed cover)
After the release of his latest LP, Pete Vandyk & The Second Hand Band, Pete Vandyk is offering a Jimmy Reed cover on his Bandcamp for free download. Pete will be hitting the road in March, touring with yours truly around Ontario and (possibly) beyond. [MP3]
A whole slew of MP3s were released thanks to Chromewaves in celebration of the famed Wavelength concert series' birthday. Wavelength turns eleven this year and is throwing a series of shows from February 16 through 20 all around the city, of course featuring Toronto's finest indie acts.
MP3: Hooded Fang - "Laughing"
MP3: Hooded Fang - "Mutant Beart"
MP3: Woodhands - "Dissembler"
MP3: Eric Chenaux - "Warm Charleston"
MP3: Little Girls - "Growing"
MP3: Lullabye Arkestra - "We Fuck The Night"
Lead photo of The Creepshow by leighheldridge on Flickr.
Join the conversation Load comments