10 signs you shopped at the Promenade Mall in the '90s
The Promenade Mall in Thornhill is up for sale, and many of us who grew up in the city above Toronto felt devastated when this news broke. And that's probably because we spent most of our formative years beneath the shopping centre's soarings skylights, wandering through its climate-controlled corridors in search of something to do.
Here are 10 signs you shopped at the Promenade Mall in the 1990s.
1. You brunched at The Pickle Barrel back when it was a local haunt and not a massive chain.
2. But if you weren't in the mood for deli sandwiches, chicken soup and kreplach, you went upstairs to dine at Strawberry Fields.
3. You regularly snacked on mini muffins from Mmmuffins.
4. And you cooled down with treats from the world's very first Yogen Fr端z.
5. You bought gag gifts from the It Store.
6. You played bust-a-move at the Cineplex arcade.
7. And you were devastated when the theatre shut down and sat empty, until Rainbow Cinemas eventually moved in, that is.
8. You always wished you went to St. Elizabeth (even though you were very likely Jewish) so you could munch on fast food at the neon-filled food court every day.
9. You loved to watch the Medieval-themed clock and often chilled by the centre court fountain.
Join the conversation Load comments