A winter festival is taking over Ontario Place this season. This free admission event will feature various winter-themed activities, including the Winter Light Exhibition.
Open to the public seven days a week, visitors will get a chance to skate on a synthetic rink and take in film screenings at the newly re-opened Cinesphere.
- Winter Light Exhibition: Experience the creativity and innovation of the 12 illuminated exhibits by local artists that will project, shape, transmit, reflect or contain light. The Winter Light theme mimics Ontario’s winter landscape. Visitors to Winter Light Exhibition will experience exhibits ranging from illuminated water forms, digital winter themed imagery, structures emanating light from within, a 12-foot-tall freestanding icicle silo and many more unique exhibits
- Skating: A synthetic skating rink will be open to the public from December 8, 2017, to March 18, 2018. On-site services include skate rentals, skate sharpening, snacks and beverages, and music piped throughout the site
- Movies at Cinesphere in IMAX®: The world’s first permanent IMAX® theatre has re-opened and will feature a variety of programming throughout Winter at Ontario Place
- Bonfire: Warm-up at the waterfront with an Ontario Place hosted bonfire located on the north end of Cedar Cove on the West Island, a short jaunt from the skating rink
- Trillium Park and William G. Davis Trail: Located on the East Island of Ontario Place, the new park space is open for all to enjoy year-round. Explore the winter wonders at Toronto’s waterfront with snow covered hills, accessible and cleared paths and lots of room to build snow sculptures
- Illuminated Island: Fairy lights will cast a warm glow on the West Island paths and event grounds as visitors explore Winter at Ontario Place
December 8, 2017 – March 18, 2018