Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- MoRoCo Chocolat and Stick & Brindle host a dog-friendly pop-up shop in the afternoon on Sunday, October 18 from noon onward on the patio at 99 Yorkville Avenue. Expect sampling and purchasing opportunities for both dog macarons and people macarons.
- Pearl Diver (100 Adelaide St East) celebrates Shucktoberfest starting Monday, October 19 until Sunday, November 1 with special lunch and late night promotions plus a weekly social media contest. Identify the oyster variety posted to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram on Mondays to win a half dozen oysters.
- The choucroute bun Albert Ponzo (Le Select Bistro) ends its run this weekend, and starting Monday, October 19 Rob Gentile (Buca) presents his own take on bao in part of Bun Month happening at Momofuku Daisho (190 University Ave.) during lunch and brunch.
- Chef Matty Matheson (Parts & Labour) and Miami chef, Eileen Andrade (Finka Tap & Table) team up for the Bacardi Pop up Paladar at Cold Tea Bar (60 Kensington Ave)on Wednesday, October 28 and Thursday, October 29. The rum-fuelled evening aims to transport guests to old world Havana with a family style feast, live Latin music and dancing. Tickets are $75.
- Tickets are still available for the annual Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown taking place on Tuesday, November 3 from 7pm to 10pm at the Fermenting Cellar in the Distillery District. Thirteen Toronto chefs will vie for the title of Chowder Champion by creating an original ocean-friendly chowder.
- What's on the Table, the annual fundraiser gala in support of The Stop Community Food Centre returns on Wednesday, November 4 at Daniels Spectrum (585 Dundas St. East). Expect over three dozen food and beverage stations to be manned by top Toronto restaurants and beverage purveyors. Tickets are $300 with charitable tax receipts issued for $205.
Photo from the Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown