Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Food Truck Festival Ontario takes place this Sunday, September 27, from 1pm to 7pm at Downsview Park (35 Carl Hall Rd.). Purchase tickets at the gate for $15, for a rally featuring sample sized street eats for $6 or less.
- Soupalicious stirs things up on Sunday, September 27 from noon until 3pm at Artscape Wychwood Barns (601 Christie St.). Over 30 restaurants, chefs and food/community agencies will ladle out soup samples. Tickets are $22 at the door and include 10 soup samples, but if you bring your own spoon you'll be privy to extras.
- The Carbon Bar (99 Queen St. East) is offering a taste of Cuba from now until October 3. The featured menu bills a line-up of Cuban dishes including Bollitos de Carita, (black-eyed pea fritters), Cubano sandwiches, churros, rum cocktails, and more.
- Tickets are on sale now for Eatable, an immersive food-focused film fest opening on Sunday, October 4 with a screening of Sherry and the Mystery of Palo Cortado paired with sherry cocktails and pintxos by Bar Raval. On Monday, October 5, see Sergio Herman's Fucking Perfect along with 'perfect' cinema snacks and cocktails from chef Brandon Olsen. Then on Tuesday, October 6, watch Japanese cult food classic Tampopo while Leemo Han (Oddseoul, Hanmoto) serves an izakaya menu during the film.
- The annual Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown itakes place on Tuesday, November 3 at the Fermenting Cellar in the Distillery District. Thirteen Toronto chefs will vie for the title of Chowder Champion by creating an original ocean-friendly chowder. Tickets are on sale now.
Photo of Chowder Chowdown from Ocean Wise Facebook page.