National Iced Tea Day is happening this coming Tuesday June 10th giving us an excuse to beat the heat, raise a glass and celebrate the refreshing goodness of this all time summer fave. What are you going to do? Why not celebrate at a chilled tea party by sampling new brews, sip featured spiked teas on ice at a local bar, listen to live music at Yonge-Dundas Square or cool down with an iced tea ice pop.
Here are 10 ways to celebrate Iced Tea Day 2014 in Toronto.
- Yonge & Dundas Square will be its usual hub of activity with live music during lunch and plenty of free tea tastings courtesy of Pure Leaf Real Brewed Tea. Try 3 Pure Leaf flavours including Unsweetened, Lemon and Raspberry. (11am - 3pm)
- Tealish will offer any 16oz iced tea made from any fine loose tea in stock for just $1.
- Grasshopper will celebrate the day by showing off its new line-up of iced jasmine green teas in flavours like lichee, mango, passion fruit, mint or strawberry for just $2.
- Teavana, the Starbucks-owned tea house, will be offering free raspberry limeade iced tea in store with any fine tea or tea bar purchase.
- Majesteas in Leslieville plans to spend the day sampling its new sangria blend on ice.
- Bampot Bohemian House of Tea celebrates the day with a buy one get one 50% off special on all iced teas and new Bampops, iced tea popsicles
- The Drake General Store has stocked their coolers with Wild Child 's Kitchen all natural chamomile and apricot ice pops just in time for the celebratory day.
SPIKED TEA FEATURES
- Northwood plans to get in the spirit with a featured cold-brewed iced tea cocktail ($11) blended with orange liqueur just for the occasion.
- Voodoo Child on College plans to feature their bourbon iced tea mixed up with Jim Beam and Sloane Persian Palace tea with maple and lemon. Regularly $10, the Iced Tea Day special will be available for a cool $8.
- Smoque N Bones plans to add a cheers-worthy shot of bourbon to the house sweet tea. On the menu for the day for $9.
Thanks to Pure Leaf for sponsoring our coverage of iced tea day in Toronto.
What did I miss? Add any other iced tea day events or deals you know about to the comments below.