10 signs you grew up in Vaughan
Vaughan, the city that affectionately refers to itself as the city above Toronto, is often overlooked as a vibrant community. Seriously. And, no, I'm not just talking about Woodbridge.
Here are 10 signs you grew up in Vaughan.
1. You've had bonding moments at bus stops with total strangers exchanging war stories about the York Regional Transit.
2. You know that popular locations in Vaughan are referred to by hilariously lazy abbreviations such as "Land" (Canada's Wonderland), "Sus" (Colossus), and "Mills" (Vaughan Mills).
3. You swear that Italy's 2006 World Cup victory over France ranks in history on par with the moon landing and JFK assassination.
4. You've been cut off numerous times in traffic by a '98 or older Honda Civic with a mod kit worth more than the car itself.
5. When talking to people who have no idea where Vaughan is, you tell them "it's near Canada's Wonderland."
6. You, or someone you know has encountered pop singer Danny Fernandes or his brother Shawn Desman at various local establishments.
7. The path from childhood to adulthood begins at All-Star driving school.
8. You have a special kind of credit if you went to Palazzo's nightclub before its mysterious disappearance.
9. You remember Vaughan Mills being hyped as the biggest, most extravagant mall in Canada.
10. You know that anything north of Steeles is not, in fact, the end of civilization.
Writing by Fouad Suleiman. Photo by Scott Snider in the blogTO Flickr pool.
Join the conversation Load comments