Sunday, April 20, 2014Mostly Cloudy 12°C
Travel

GTA Tripping: Ooh, a Psychic!

Posted by Christopher Reynolds / September 5, 2009

toronto psychicPrimary concerns when visiting a psychic for the first time:

• Is this a lot of hooey?
  • Am I going to be able to keep a straight face? But if it is not hooey but in fact the woman is a mysteriously visionful sage channeling otherworldly energies and interpreting signals from the cosmos.
  • Is she going to tell me I'm going to die? Or worse, that I'm a jerk?
I found answers to all of these questions (and more) last week at the gifted hands of Toronto's most renowned psychic, Giovanna. Let's say her name again together, for effect: "Giovanna!"

palm readers torontoHooey or not, Giovanna's record is impressive. She's been in business at her Yonge Street location for thirteen years. She's had many regulars who have been coming to her for over a decade, ever hungry for her brand of cosmos-channeling, folk therapy or whatever they believe it to be.

When I first contacted Giovanna on the phone, and mentioned that I'd like to experience her talents for an article, she asked about it and said, "Oh, I know your work."

I was flattered, could it be that I was somehow famous enough that this woman, who exists well beyond my Facebook network, actually knows of me? I told my friend sitting next to me at Linux Caffe about it, and he laughed heartily, reminding me that this was a psychic - it is her craft to say things like that.

And so, with my 15 seconds of delusional fame behind me, I ascended the stairs to Giovanna's studio to find out what other manner of wool she could throw over my eyes.

psychic torontoThe studio is in Dundas Square, taking all the cheesy glitz and flare of the area into its realm. Various spiritually questionable candles, stones, crystals and books lined the walls of the shop area. Giovanna sells a lot of this stuff to home-voyants. But we hadn't come to shop.

Striking and dressed all in black, Giovanna herself was a magnetic raven. I was immediately and undeniably drawn to her, ready to lap up any and everything she'd have to say.

giovanna psychicShe showed me to her "reading room." Before we began she stated plainly that she isn't in the business of sugarcoating anything. If there are tragedies or injustices around me, or if I am leading my life down a reckless and harmful path, she was going to spell it out for me in plain English, in all its nasty, naked truth. Was I going to be OK with that? Gulp

I agreed - I had an article to write - and so we got down to business.

Through tarot cards, palmistry and the use of a giant antique crystal ball she had inherited from her similarly gifted grandmother, Giovanna gave me a portrait of my current life, and offered several explicit predictions for my future.

First, she asked me to think of a question or a wish. I took a minute, and then told her that I wished a current business venture would prove fruitful.

20090905-gtatripping-psychic-reading.jpgAs I scribbled her insights into my note pad, she told me that I am the type of guy who has his hands in many pies. In my future, I would be involved in business, but that I also have a creative side. "C-r-e-a-t-i-v-e s-i-d-e," I scrawled. No news so far.

But then: My digestive system is out of whack, I am a "good person", a perfectionist and highly intuitive to the point of possibly having a cultivatable gift. I should listen to my instincts more.

I was rapt with this analysis, but then again, who doesn't like hearing about themselves?

More: My mother may have high blood pressure, and she's at risk from burning out from working. My eldest sister is having trouble in love. I will have my own business when I'm 45, become involved in real estate in my late 30s, live in Europe for half a decade beginning in 2011 or 2012, and in ten months I will meet a new soul mate with dark hair, light eyes and whose name begins with an M or an N.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Unfortunately, as she was telling me all of this, I couldn't shut down my loud, critical mind. Of course I'll meet someone with dark hair and light eyes, my stubborn inner voice cried out, because that describes me and we always date people we look like. My mom's workoholism? She could plainly see that I am a busy guy and I must have gotten it from somewhere. Business? I had mentioned explicitly that I'm currently involved in business. "We'll see," I kept saying to myself, as she listed specific descriptions.

But picking up on these things is a skill in itself. For people who stumble in from the rain, lost and afraid, after seeing the neon beacon reading "psychic" through the mist of their confused minds, like Pee-Wee Herman looking for his bicycle in his Big Adventure, this sort of sit-down jam session could probably prove quite valuable, the cosmos be damned.

And another "but" - It really doesn't matter if Giovanna is truly in touch with the cosmos. This day and age, the learned person might recognize that there probably is something else out there, and that it doesn't matter what models we use to contact that world. Giovanna could very well be a bona fide seer, the point is that it doesn't matter - it's a valuable experience either way.

And I did indeed have one "holy shit!" moment. While my hand and Giovanna's were placed on the crystal ball I could feel a distinct, rapid pulsating under the skin of my outstretched fingers. "That's my energy you're feeling," she said. "You have a bit of a gift so you can feel it." She then removed her hand and the pulsating stopped.

tarot reading toronto

Photos by Petia Karrin

Houdini knew what he was talking about / September 5, 2009 at 10:05 am
Of course it's a lot of hooey, but as long as you know it's hooey you're okay. What's amazing is the number of people actually believe in that crap. On the other hand, going to a psychic purely for entertainment value is perfectly reasonable and perhaps even fun for some people.

Just don't make any significant life changes based on their cold reading, er, guesswork, er, mystical predictions. That _would_ be stupid.
Steph / September 5, 2009 at 11:24 am
How much did this cost? What are her rates? Great piece, but you need to include cost to give it some context...
Kwil / September 5, 2009 at 11:35 am
Great piece! I am interested to know the costs involved as well.
blah / September 5, 2009 at 12:05 pm
The fact that a significant portion of the population believes in psychics gives me very little hope for other issues we face, like global warming. The science and the scientists have been settled longer and far more forcefully on the non-existence of the former than the existence the latter.

I do not want to see they (read: psychics) put out of business; I just wish people would see them for what they are, skilled performers.
Spyder / September 5, 2009 at 12:22 pm
There are more psychics, pawnshops and churches in lower socioeco hoods. Just sayin.
Dude / September 5, 2009 at 12:57 pm
Please refrain from promoting such charlatans who hurt people and society as a whole.
Christopher / September 5, 2009 at 01:06 pm
Thanks Kwill & Steph.

Stand by on the rates - I totally forget, but I've contacted Giovanna.

@Dude: That sounds like a debate, let's do it. Defend thine self!
cynthia / September 5, 2009 at 01:32 pm
if she is REALLY psychic, she can easily receive 1 million dollars.

all she has to do is do her psychic thing in front of witnesses in a controlled environment with no trickery. what's that? oh... she can't do it in front of non-believers? PRECISELY.

please don't promote superstition and bullshit. it's ruining our society.
hj / September 5, 2009 at 02:02 pm
Nice article:)

I half-believe in a psychic(some parts of their reading about me has been accurate)but..I'm more like a determinist..
It's OK for fun sometimes!
conscious / September 5, 2009 at 03:16 pm
When you believe in a psychic, it's the blind leading the blind - and that's when all hope is lost.
k386 / September 5, 2009 at 04:29 pm
>please don't promote superstition and bullshit. it's ruining our society.
Yes superstition. Not rampant poverty, uncaring corporations dominating government or hell.. maybe lets see.. anything?
As cold-reading is such an evil thing we must endeavour to ensure it does not spread. I'm with you there.

That "test" is also ridiculous. Rule 15 clearly makes it impossible.

And by now since you - oh reader - assume I am a devout believer in psychic phenomena, let me assure you: no.
It ain't science, but hell, alot of pseudosciences are interesting. Like psychology or any of the 'social sciences'. Not saying they don't apply the scientific method, but what they study does not fall under the realm of science.

Bah. Now, please retort and tell me how wrong I am.
jack / September 5, 2009 at 06:17 pm
if you are into this, you should check out the chinese guy on the second fl of pacific mall.. you give him your time and date of birth, he will tell you about your whole life, he even lets your record the whole session.. i went, and my sister called him ahead and give him her time and date of birth.. she my sister showed up, he said it didn't match your body type, so offered to adjust and redo another report for her...and the whole conversation was recorded.. from what happened in the past all the way till when you were going to die.. cool?
Christopher replying to a comment from jack / September 5, 2009 at 08:09 pm
Cool.
Monty / September 5, 2009 at 09:28 pm
Excellent article! There is a psychic right near my house that I walk by everyday. I am always curious whether or not she is "real". I believe that there are psychic and highly intuitive people out there, but I also believe that there are performers and frauds out there. It would be great to find out who is a true see-er of the future, and who is a true faker.
Kwil replying to a comment from Christopher / September 6, 2009 at 12:12 am
Thanks so much!
Sabrin / September 9, 2009 at 10:50 am
This woman asked me for $400 to get a love interest to fall for me. She preys on people. Go if you're curious, but be VERY careful about your money.
Idta replying to a comment from jack / September 14, 2009 at 08:55 pm
Is this chinese guy still in business? I would be very interested in going to see him...I actually think I heard a lot about this guy!
How much does he charge? And do you have a contact number?

Thanks!
Ad replying to a comment from jack / September 16, 2009 at 08:06 am
I'm also interested in the Pacific Mall guy. What if you don't know your exact time of birth? How much? Pls respond. Thnx!
Sweetcheeks / October 7, 2010 at 11:13 pm
Chinese guy sounds good, but not sure I want to know my death info :). I went to Giovanna, not to long ago. I too was very skeptical. She could tell I was married(rings visible), but that is about it. She described my personality to a TEE. That freaked me out, because she does not know me at all and there was no way she could assess someone so accurately if she had never met me before and never even spoke to me for more than a minute before she actually did my reading. I was analyzing her as she was analyzing me. LOL... She for sure made inferences on my life based on the few things I said to her. She could also be describing me based on my zodiac sign. I agree its fun to go and talk to them, but I felt good when I left. Thats all that counts.

Go at your own risk! :)
Sweetcheeks / November 12, 2010 at 03:23 pm
Bubbie, I am not sure if you realize that when you go to a psychic, its all to be taken with a grain of salt. If you go to a psychic, you have to be prepared to listen to whatever they say.
Its part of paying to listen to her. LOL. Sorry she made you feel badly. She is very straightforward and in your face. Just her style. I think from the way she speaks she is very religious, not a satan lover, LOL.
Brandi / November 22, 2010 at 09:03 pm
To the writer of this article: Christopher Reynolds

Did any of the predictions come true?
dee / December 10, 2010 at 11:43 pm
has anyone ever gone to her and had anything come true? Also, don't you think its possible that when we are told something about our future we may make decisions to achieve those things? I think she likely has talents, but that she is also very good at reading people and their reactions. Good for fun but I wouldn't bet my life on it
GinMartini / December 18, 2010 at 10:39 pm
I've seen her twice and recommended friends to her as well. Earlier this year she had said, amongst other things, that I'd have serious stomach problems, which at first I didn't take very seriously. I've had digestive system issues in the past, so I figured it was nothing new. Then last month, I had a cyst rupture in my ovaries which had me in and out of the hospital for the past 2 months! And I didn't connect what she said with this incident until a month ago! Most of the predictions she's told me have come true, EXCEPT the prediction about the man I'm supposed to meet and marry. Both times I've seen her, she's described him in the same way, so I'm excited to meet him, as I believe he does exist, I just don't know where he is! *lol* I'll be seeing her again! I really do like her!
cindi / January 1, 2011 at 01:15 pm
Well I gave in and went to see Giovanna about 2 months ago and honestly she was pretty good!
Being a skeptic and all I was surprised as to how much of my past she knew her predictions on my future so far have been fairly accurate. Timing is a bit off but no one is 100% accurate I sappose.
The atmosphere is nice very relaxing great location accross from eaton center.
She is very friendly and to the point also inexpensive as to I called around to compaire first...Definatly worth the try Ill be back to see her in the new year!
pineapplejuice / January 30, 2011 at 02:16 pm
So I went to see Giovanna this past week mainly out of curiosity. I paid $50 for a tarrot card reading and crystal ball reading. She really did freak me out when it came to her assessment of my personality and attributes. Her comments were specific and very accurate without my saying anything to her about myself. Her future reading of me is exactly the same as the author of this article- I had a creative side, I will move to Europe, I will invest in real estate, my soul mate has dark hair and light eyes and that I had psychic ability and she made me put my hand on the ball to feel the energy. Maybe she works for some people but I don't believe she has psychic ability, but rather a routine of telling people the same things 2 years after this article was written. Don't expect anything but entertainment if you do go.
WonderWoman / February 18, 2011 at 02:48 pm
I went to see Giovanna for the first time about a year and a half ago and have been back a few times.

In reading the comments listed here, it does seem as though she has "old standards" that she goes to. Real Estate, stomach problems and psychic ability were all things that she has told me too.

Having said that, I did have a recent WOW moment with her I would like to share. Last time I went, she said that my husband was planning a surprise trip for me. With my husband being an absolute non-believer, I kept this from him, because if he was planning one, he would cancel it out of spite.

A few months later he surprised me with a spa weekend getaway!

Lucky guess? Maybe - but is more fun to suspend your disbelief.
James / April 11, 2011 at 05:56 pm
After reading this article, i figured i might as well give it a shot. I was a complete wreck, filled with anxiety, had chest pains the whole nine. I was extremely curious about where my relationship with my girlfriend stood. Things last week between her and I were great, she left kind messages stating that she was happy we were together. For some reason, last thursday she hits me up online and says that she has difficulty connecting with me, feels like we hit a wall and that she s curious about another fella whom she just met. I was completely thrown off guard and was all over the place. Before making any haste decisions i chose to visit Giovanna. She suggested that i get a "tarot" reading and asked me what was troubling me. I said "I m curious about my relationship" and she had me cut the deck and was so clear and so bang on with everything that was taking place it was unreal! I said to a co-worker prior to visiting Giovanna's studio that i felt that generally people tend to go bars and drink to "suppress" their woes. I felt that this was a more proactive positive approach to proceeding with matters. Giovanna is definately my favorite! Highly recommended!
pineapplejuice / June 11, 2011 at 03:55 pm
I'm just reporting that 6 months after seeing Giovanna none of her predictions have come true. Maybe she was off with me or she couldn't read me well but nothing has happened. I don't think I am going back.
Joy / June 20, 2011 at 06:08 pm
I've seen Giovanna twice and nothing she had predicted has come to fruition. I actually wrote a review on n49.ca website however the day after it was taken off the site along with another reviewer's bad experience. Giovanna was nice however she was extremely unprofessional. She answered her cellphone twice during my reading and it felt as though she was rushing to get me out of there. You're probably wondering why I want back twice. Truly, I wanted to give her the benefit of doubt. I can confirm now that she was inaccurate in her predictions for me as well as unprofessional and both visits.
Khloe replying to a comment from Christopher / June 24, 2011 at 10:17 pm
Hey Jack,

I was wondering if you still remembered her rates?

Thanks!
Dario / July 16, 2011 at 04:44 pm
Just had a "reading" this afternoon. It was difficult to pay her $40 after a 15 minute "session" in which nothing was revealed and I was left with the realization that she truly is just for entertainment purposes and not at all psychic/intuitive etc.

She said I was good natured and intuitive (same as she told others above). She said I'd meet a girl in the next lil while who would be a long-term prospect and that she gets "really good vibes" from this 5'2 ft dark haired light eyed girl. I didn't know whether or not to interrupt and let her know that I'm actually GAY and, therefore, not into women.

She said my Mom's health was up and down and that she has either high blood pressure or diabetes that can be curbed if she looks after it soon. My Dad's the one recouping from Cancer and going in for surgery next week, but she never ''picked up'' on that.

She said I recently had a disagreement with someone and that it was going to blow up and me and said person would not speak for a looooong time. My sister and I did have a disagreement recently, but the rest is baloney cuz my sister and I never have blow out arguments or fights. We only talk like once a week lolol

She said my last relationship ended ''awkwardly'' and that this person's going to re-surface. Um, this person doesn't have my contact info, it wasn't even a real relationship, and we haven't spoken in 2 years. Plus, he lives like 45 minutes away and still does not want a committed relationship of any sort, so, again, baloney.

Oh, also, I showed up 15 minutes early for my appointment. She told me to wait in the waiting area while she gabbed with a girlfriend and finally took me in at least 10-15 minutes AFTER my scheduled time even though i was there EARLY ?! I just want my $40 back =(
Dario replying to a comment from Khloe / July 16, 2011 at 04:46 pm
her rates are on her website www.psychicgiovanna.com .....she's not for real if you ask me. I had a "reading" which I recap for you and the other forum members above....don't waste your money. Go elsewhere.
Sean replying to a comment from Dario / July 16, 2011 at 05:30 pm
"she's not for real if you ask me"?

What gave that away?

Was it the fact that psychics are professional b.s. artists?
karina35 / July 31, 2011 at 04:27 pm
AMAZING!!

I saw Giovanna about a yr ago at that point she had given some predictions about my life over the span of 6 months into the future. At that time she seemed so off nothing seemed accurate.
But I have to say I wrote her reading down that day and 6 months later WORD FOR WORD IT HAPPENED!
Im still shocked ive had readings with other psychics before but never had them actually happend.

Who moves accross the country in 4 months?...
That was one of her predictions that I would move to B.C! I told her directly to her face That will never happen ...Well it did!!...

She was on target with all of it and needless to say I now will see her whenever iam back in toronto Ive also done a phone reading with her I had to call her to tell her she was right that I did move!
I did a psychic reading with her both times.She said its the most accurate. She is very detailed with me. She told me that my soulmate is not in my life but will be by end of 2011 gave a full description of him so I guess I just have to wait and see what happens but all else has come to be.
So far so good!

Ive been told by other psychics that sometimes you just need to find the right psychic to connect with it definatly was Giovanna!
Demos / August 13, 2011 at 10:56 pm
She is full of hot air. A storyteller!
Natasha / October 6, 2011 at 09:29 pm
Prior to seeing Giovanna, most of my "future-telling" experience came from seeing astrologers - they were usually either bang on, or very much close to the truth in their predictions. However, Giovanna was my first true "psychic" experience.

Put shortly, it was a complete waste of money.

To go more into detail; everything she said did not come true, whether it be short-term predictions (occurrences that were forecast to take place in a week) or long-term (occurrences that were forecast to take place in a few months). Furthermore, her "intuition" into my current state of things were completely off-base as well.

I was referred to her by a friend of a friend that truly believed in Giovanna's abilities, which is why I shelled out $60 for it, but my recommendation to anyone would be to avoid this scam.
Livia / October 16, 2011 at 12:22 am
Your article doesn't show outcomes or things coming to pass. To write a fair article of this sort, you'd need time to see if her predictions came true.
Jenna / May 1, 2012 at 02:17 am
Ive been to Giovanna twice. The first time I went in giggling, but I walked out in awe. She gave me specific dates, details and even quotes that there was NO way she could have known. She told me about an interview I was going tonhave in 6 days. I thought " yeah right ". I ended up getting one in 6 days. Many details were accurate-even a specific allergy I had! I've had 4 friends go as well, and they were shocked. She didn't give vague information and she didn't ask for information to be volunteered. I was a major skeptic, although now I have opened my mind quite a bit.
badexperience / June 4, 2012 at 10:09 pm
I am writing here because when I was looking for reviews on a certain psychic I only found one after I had reading. Her name is Mia and she freaked me out to the point that I'm almost scared to write anything about her but I think people should be warned and I wish I had more information before I went to her. She lives around Lawrence and Keele. I'd been told in the past that I had a curse on me, I ignored it because I thought the person wanted money out of me but hearing it again from her , I felt so desperate that I just thought fine I'll get it over with because apparently that's what's been making my life the way it was. There were alot of things she said that were true about my past and current situation but I think she really fed off my fear and insecurities for what was going on in my life. She removed this course for $500, made me do a few little rituals and said she would do meditations at a church. She never did any meditations and I changed her story. I was already unsure of the whole sketchy thing , but told myself I would only go as fare as I felt comfortable. After a few weeks , things improved in my life because of certain experiences I had. She kept saying I still wasn't done and that I would need more work done for $1,200. When i refused it and said I thought I was fine and that the curse removal was all I wanted, she tried to scare me and tell me that things would be bad in a few months, that if I go somewhere else they will have to start the curse removal again and charge me more. She kept saying this is for my life and that how can I not spend that money on my life. I realized right then and there that she really just took advantage of my fears. Maybe her taro card readings are good. So fare I haven't had anything she said happen to me but when someone is asking for money like that !! RUN , don't second guess RUN . I now feel embarrassed I even put any faith in a person like that , but everyone makes mistakes.
Mary replying to a comment from badexperience / June 6, 2012 at 11:08 pm
psychic mia got me too for 7,500 dollars and once she said my life and my boyfriends was in danger we felt like we had no choice. Well God know's what she's done and anyone speaking the word of God that is fake will have to deal with God!!!!
Fake and Real / October 15, 2012 at 02:56 pm
I recently saw Crystal at Crystal Visions in Kensington Market. Sadly, she's another fake!! Everything she said about my current situation and past were completely off base. She was the type of psychic who says things and asks questions, trying to get information. She started off by saying that she is very blunt and will say things, good or bad. She went on to say a bunch of super vague crap that was totally untrue, and when I corrected her on a few major things she was totally off about, she was visibly frustrated and started twisting her words like I was the one having issues understanding her! She told me near the end of my reading that she needed $200 extra from me to clear up the darkness or whatever around me, or my family would pay the price, and wasn't my family worth it, blah, blah, blah. I did not pay. If you are looking for a real psychic, do not go see her!!!

I have been to real psychics (to all the skeptics- they do exist) and they do not ask questions, they will say very specific things about your past and present that no one else could know, and are very SPECIFIC- no vagueness. And their predictions will always come true. I've had a woman predict several very specific events in my life which I myself did not believe could possibly happen, all to come to fruition within a year. Things I had zero control over- things to do with my partner's business mainly- and as I watched things unfold I was like, "Holy. Crap."

Real psychics will never give you candles, ask for more money to remove bad energy, etc. You can tell the real deal. Once you experience the real thing, the fakes seem so much more obvious. From the time Crystal started talking, I could tell that she was fake. If anyone has a real psychic recommendation, I would love to hear it, as my real psychic has passed away recently.
Sahndra / December 6, 2012 at 01:33 pm
Fake And Real: Can you share some of the good ones with us? I have helped out at many psychic shows over the years and there are only a handful of good ones, each with different styles. The rest have been just awful and I cannot fathom what made them think they were good enough to charge for reads. I have one amazing psychic I see, LoriAnne in Burlington, who is the best so far. Highly accurate with more insight than anyone I've ever met. But again, you have to know how to 'use' her and what kind of questions to ask and where her strengths and weaknesses are...

Overall, I do believe, but I'm not convinced yet how useful it is to know snippets of what's coming up or, if you get 75% right and the rest wrong, how does one know what to believe. As for the above article, her insight and predictions are quite surface, nowhere near as good as the real ones out there. I would not have paid her a cent, very useless information based on what I know a good psychic can do.
TinaKay / December 21, 2012 at 06:54 am
I read each and every comment that was written above as well as the article. A great read. The first time I went to see Giovanna I wasn't quite sure myself but one of my good friends recommended her as I was going through a very difficult time in my life. Knowing how i've always felt about "psychic's", I knew not to tell her anything about what was going on in my life and what was troubling me, if she was a real psychic I would hear it from her ....right?

And so I did. She gave me the bare naked truth, even if I didn't want to hear it. How did she know? I'll never know. But i truly do believe she is gifted, she's never asked anything from me after my first 2 visits, I speak to her and see her whenever she has time, and she calls me to see how i'm doing. I truly believe that she knows what type of person you are when you go to her, a believer or non-believer. Now in any business ... even in sales if i know someone is there to waste my time or doesn't really "believe" in what im pitching...i cut it short and cut my loses. In anything in life, if you believe it, you'll know if someone is taking you for a fool or not....but if your going to go to her and make it a "test" in your mind, then i'm sure she knows that you take her as a fool. (just my prediction...i'm not a psychic).

Shes asked me to pray and regain my faith (i'm hindu). I don't think she told me anything that hasn't come true. She's guided me on the right path. I'm a true believer and everything she has ever said to me has come true. I call her my angel.

Non of us have seen GOD or SATAN however majority of the world truly believes, why? Ask yourself. And if its the question of why any psychic takes money, just because people may be gifted or have some sort of power, doesn't mean that they have to live on the streets, they have to earn money some way. Why is that Preists or Pundits get paid at their respective Temples, aren't they "gods" workers in a way...if they are so pure and are just there to teach us the message of Jesus or Krishan, why are they taking money.

If I've learned anything, it's not to judge or speak bad upon anyone, because non of us truly know anything, what is and what isnt. For those who want to believe, carry on believing. For those that don't want to, that's fine as well. I would just say have an open mind and consider a few of the things i've mentioned in my comments.

Hope I helped anyone reading that is a believer, she's awesome!

Tina Kay
Faith replying to a comment from TinaKay / January 14, 2013 at 02:58 pm
@TinaKay. I found your review to be very helpful, and I agree with you 100%. I don't believe in ill-speaking others and casting judgement.

Psychics have got to live too. And, I truly believe that (like a previous poster mentioned), some are able to connect with you more than others can.

My experience with Giovanna was a good one. I like her directness. She was dead-on when it came to my past and what I was currently going through in my relationship. I've seen a palmist once (just for fun) and was floored by what he was able to read from just my palm. I followed-up with a psychic just to see if I was going to be told the same thing. And low and behold, I was; however, Giovanna was able to fill in more gaps.

My advice to anyone who is planning to go see a psychic is to go with an open mind. Try to take as much postive out of every experience. Because there's so much that we can learn about ourselves when we do decide to step out of our box.

Giovanna knows her stuff, and I certainly would recommend her if you're seeking a psychic.
PS / May 24, 2013 at 09:49 am
I went to Giovanna's Psychic Studio yesterday. When she started my tarot card reading, she was on the ball about my professional life, however was off about my love life. Giovanna stopped mid way through the reading, stating she didn't feel a connection energy wise with me and didn't feel comfortable to continue. She said that maybe I wasn't met to go to psychics but wished me well and didn't charge for the partial reading. I would give her good marks for at least being up front and honest.
scanna / October 15, 2013 at 05:01 pm
Has anyone ever been to Betsy Balega or know of anyone who has? She is a psychic medium and her site claims she helps police solve crimes etc. So I thought she must be the real deal.I went to her last saturday and it was 30 min reading for $90. I left there feeling less than impressed. Her predictions seemed generic and she had asked me what I wanted to know about and then she sort of tailored/changed her responses according to my feedback. For example, I asked her if she saw anything regarding love. She said I'd be with someone I know from my past. I said oh, and looked at her surprised because I can't think of anyone. Then she said, well you may not think about him or know who it is yet. Then I asked so then it isn't the person I'm interested in now? I've only known him for 2 years. Then she asked his name and said, oh yes, it is him, he likes you but is busy right now, he will come back to you. I said I never had him, we never dated. She corrects herself and says, come back in the sense that he likes you but doesn't have time now and will be back when he has time. I didn't understand what she meant. Anyway, just a warning to anyone who is thiking of going to see her. There is so much more I could write but no time.
Natasha replying to a comment from scanna / October 23, 2013 at 05:24 pm
You know,

I went to go see Betsy too on the 12th. And she said things that didn't make sense either and generic as well. But as the weeks-ish have unfolded, little things that she said have come true. Like random little things, names, people's jobs, bank changes. Now I'm not so sure anymore...

What's the update on your reading Scanna?
Kristina / November 6, 2013 at 10:20 am
I just faded away with this one. Beware of Crystal Stocks from Crystal Visions, false readings and no results. Do not make she reel you in and manipulate you. Your problems, it will get worst. This is her website http://www.crystalvisions.ca/ She claims she is a spiritual healer. She does not heal but puts layers and layers of problems into your life with no guidance but to leave you hanging with no answers. I saw this lady and she is telling me about my past how I was touched as a child. 1st of all I was not abused as a child. 2nd she started telling me more about my past how darkness crept upon my life because of the abused that is why I am where I am today with my unhappy life. To those who are planning to see this women. She will not ask you for money upfront yet but later in the middle of the month she will ask you for thousands and thousands of money because her work is so very expensive. She will give you candles, bath salt and some green liquid. Yes at first, she will be try to be your family as she puts it, telling you that you won’t get hurt, I am here for you etc. If you are not blind, please read “SHE WILL PIMP YOU TO THE CORE”, asking you to buy Christian Louboutin, gift cards etc. because she removed the darkness and will tell you how she deserves it because she has been working her ass off when really she is creating more problems in your life. Even if you don’t have money she will still see you and check on you. But then at the ending of the month when she finds out really do not have money. You will get a phone call from her to meet her at her store at the time she wants to see you and she will not show up. No phone call, nothing. I called no answer, so I texted telling her, “Things are still worst. I am not in need of your service anymore”. Mind you she has 3 kids and will talk about them and her family, her husband when she is supposed to directly help you heal you and your family. Thank God I did not give money. After seeing this Crystal scammer who did nothing, my life has been happier why, my business is picking up and I got my lover back. Let it be your mission not to be a victim. They know how to make money. My advice is to pay attention to how you feel during your conversations. Last and not less make sure that they are able to give you results in 1 or 2 days not months or a year. That’s all and good luck.
Natasha / December 6, 2013 at 07:34 pm
Well, as an update, although she had some weird coincidences, Betsey Balega is full of crock and only tells you what you want to hear.
Em / January 5, 2014 at 01:58 pm
This is an old blog post, but I thought I would throw my two cents in anyway. I've seen a few psychics around the city and Giovanna is definitely my favourite. The first time I saw her, my boyfriend and I were broken up. She told me he would come back within 5-6 weeks, but that it wasn't going to be what I want and ultimately, he wasn't the one for me. She also said reconnect with someone in my past with light hair and light eyes.

It was all true, down to the timing. My ex and I got back together for a while, but it wasn't what I had wanted and it didn't last. I also started to get close to someone with - yup - light hair and light eyes who I'd known a while back but had since drifted away from (funny enough, he's now one of my best friends). When I went back to see her after this happened, she described my ex down to a T, without me saying anything other than that we'd broken up. It was pretty spooky.

I've seen her a few times now, and yeah, some of the stuff she predicts hasn't come true or is way off base. And not surprisingly, my readings seem to be more accurate when I'm there on a quieter day. I recommend calling ahead of time to set up an appointment (though she can be hard to pin down sometimes) or going in during the week, if possible.

All in all, if you're curious about it, definitely see Giovanna is your best bet. I've seen a few others, and she's the only one who hasn't told me that I have a curse and that I need to pay her hundreds or thousands of dollars to get rid of it. Keep an open mind and have fun!

Oh, and to get your money's worth, if you're doing the psychic reading, definitely think of a bunch of questions ahead of time. She will keep asking "anything else?" and I always kick myself for not being able to recall the dozens of little things that come and go in my mind that I'm curious about.
Iknowthischick / March 16, 2014 at 01:49 pm
She is a hustler and a con who will tell you for a "small" fee (huge fee actually) she will remove the curse thats on you.