Friday, October 24, 2014Clear 5°C
Film, MoviesTO Podcast, Podcasts, Toronto Film Festival 2009

TIFF Movies

Posted by Matt / August 28, 2009

TIFF MoviesThe movies at TIFF this year might be the best selection in a long, long time. What to do? Guest podcast host Matt Price and I take a timeout during a recent meal to browse the Toronto International Film Festival programme bible and weed out what to see, movies to desperately avoid, and two flicks starring George Clooney. Click the big grey play button below to listen to the podcast.

Want more TIFF? Check out our preview of TIFF 2009 and stay tuned for more of our picks of what to see.

Munzz / August 28, 2009 at 03:36 pm
That was great. But would it be too hard to NOT EAT while talking? That was so annoying!
Munzz / August 28, 2009 at 04:17 pm
The fact that you put down a movie like "Women without men" with a very high potential by a truly great world renounced artist like Shirin Neshat disqualifies all your other suggestions for me. Specially when your decision is based on how much make up the director of the film has on in the picture.

Matt replying to a comment from Munzz / August 29, 2009 at 12:46 pm
Honestly, if you're the type of person who would invalidate an entire list of suggestions based on just one, then you're not someone I'd want to sit next to in a movie theatre anyway. Turn off your cell phone, dear, and stop reading the subtitles out loud.
Andrew / August 29, 2009 at 06:24 pm
I really didn't enjoy your ad-hominem attack to your only critique, I think it really shows a lack of class
Sameer Vasta / August 29, 2009 at 10:04 pm
Glad to know I'm not the only person that is in love with Jane Schoettle.

NOT glad to know that I'm missing TIFF this year for the first time in SIX years and the lineup looks so fantastic. Sigh. I'll miss it all — but looking forward to reviews and updates!
munzz replying to a comment from Matt / August 30, 2009 at 11:46 pm
Way to take a criticism, Matt.

Just for the record, I never asked to sit next to you to begin with, so dont worry. I wouldn't wanna sit next to a person who can't handle a simple disagreement.
Talia / September 2, 2009 at 08:51 pm
Ok I didn't make it through the whole thing, but interesting. I think at least one of you guys should give Creation a chance, I am hearing very good things. At least so you can review it for us. And I'm hearing people are surprised by how good it is, precisely because it is an Amiel film. I also am hearing that the TIFF brass chose the film to make Opening Night more of a spectacle than the throwaway night it was. Apparently Handling and Bailey think this film will be one of the breakout films from the fest and they are really supporting it as it premieres at their fest rather than say Venice.
munzz / October 2, 2009 at 11:22 am
By the way, remember how these guys put down "Women without men" because the director wore a lot of make up and that she can't be a good director because she was a visual artist?

Well, She won the best director award at Venice film festival for this film.
louis vuitton monogram canvas / April 24, 2013 at 11:32 pm
Once you begin to acquire recommendations, you might give consideration to working full-time. [url=http://louisvuittonmonogramcanvasdesigneroutlet.webs.com/]louis vuitton monogram canvas[/url] louis vuitton monogram canvas
Mmlspewef / November 27, 2013 at 11:32 pm
canada goose outlet store new yorkcanada goose outlet ottawa canada goose outlet ontariocanada goose outlet online storexcanada goose outlet orlando canada goose outlet online shopcanada goose outlet org official canada goose outletcanada goose outlet pricex http://www.raymore.ca/aboutus.html
Casimira / June 26, 2014 at 04:44 pm
Excellent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff
previous to and you're just extremely magnificent. I actually
like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it.
You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep
it wise. I can't wait to read far more from you. This
is really a great site.