Friday, November 21, 2014Partly Cloudy -7°C
Sports & Play

Zombie survival race takes over the streets of Toronto

Posted by Amanda Cupido / June 2, 2014

zombies torontoZombies took to Toronto streets on Saturday for Ready, Set, DIE!, a 5K run with physical obstacles, team-building activities - and zombies. It all started three years ago, when two friends were having beers on St. Patrick's Day, chatting about how it would be fun to bring together their love of zombie movies and their passion for fitness. Three years later, the Toronto race is back for a second time, and has attracted over 1000 people, with a string of satellite races set to take place across Ontario. Clearly, a zombie survival race is an infectious idea - and it's spreading quickly.

Check out all the bloody action in our slideshow.

neonshaun / June 2, 2014 at 03:40 pm
I'm so sick of zombies.

I'm all zombied out.
Adam H. replying to a comment from neonshaun / June 2, 2014 at 03:52 pm
It's like your interest in zombies has become a pale, shuffling imitation of what it used to be.
Kyle / June 2, 2014 at 04:01 pm
I personally don't see how this could ever get old. I think this Zombie thing is just a really great awesome time. I love Zombie activities. I love Zombie tv shows. I love Zombie t-shirts. My cat died and I just left him in his cat bed. Boom. Zombie cat. I think this will always be cool and I'm always going to be interested in Zombies. My Zombie Harlem Shake video has a lot views on Youtube. It's easily one of the best Harlem Shake videos out there because it has zombies in it. So many zombies. I have a Zombie tattoo right beside my "Gangnam Style" tattoo which is right beside my "Bieber Fever" tattoo. That's 3 tattoos and I only regret 2 of them. Whenever someone recommends a new tv show to check out, I basically stop paying attention because I'm just waiting for a moment to ask if the show revolves around zombies, or has zombies in it at all. I have a "Keep Calm and Zombie On" poster on my wall. I don't know what it means, but I like it. I don't really like their music, but I like the Cranberries for writing a song about something I'm also into. Rob Zombie - same thing. Can't stand listening to it, but it's a cool name.
Rob Ford / June 2, 2014 at 04:46 pm
I'm the fat zombie mayor.
McRib / June 2, 2014 at 04:49 pm
can we legitimately kill these zombies, or is that frowned upon?
Shotgun to the Face replying to a comment from McRib / June 2, 2014 at 05:20 pm
I say if you wanna act like a zombie, you should be treated as one as well. Anyone got a snow blow available for this event?
Sean / June 2, 2014 at 08:09 pm
Pathetic.
There are so many positive and fun things to enlighten young impressionable minds without this zombie garbage POS theme.
Drew / June 3, 2014 at 06:36 am
Love it! This city needs more great fun interactive events like this. Too much prim and proper going on.
jay / June 3, 2014 at 01:10 pm
This would definitely be a fun event to take part in!