Saturday, August 1, 2015Partly Cloudy 17°C
Sports & Play

15 shots of Pedestrian Sunday & the Kensington Art Fair

Posted by Derek Flack / May 27, 2014

Pedestrian Sunday KensingtonPedestrian Sundays returned to the Market last weekend with a major addition in the form of the Kensington Market Art Fair. Hosted by Rafi Ghanaghounian of Keep Six Exhibits, the new fair drew lots of interest with its affordable art. Augusta, Baldwin and Nassau streets were unsurprisingly packed with people out to enjoy the sun and various instances of impromptu entertainment on offer, from Jenga on the street to live music to pet birds.

Check out all the Pedestrian Sunday action in this photo gallery.

tripper / May 27, 2014 at 10:31 am
Yeesh, what a nightmare.

I'm sure it's vibrant and fun and interesting and all that, but for those of us who loathe big crowds this is the stuff of nightmares. I'd rather hang out in Kensington Market on a normal day when it's just Kensington Market being Kensington Market.
Jakob / May 27, 2014 at 11:02 am
Agreed about the nightmares. Non merci.
Welshgrrl / May 27, 2014 at 12:04 pm
So don't go.
Dan / May 27, 2014 at 12:54 pm
Wow people can find anything to complain about. I was there it was pretty fun and I never once felt like a sardine.

Like the above said, don't go and there is zero effect on you.

Complainers will complain I guess.
Susan / May 27, 2014 at 02:51 pm
Complainers complaining about hose who express an opinion...classic.
A replying to a comment from Susan / May 27, 2014 at 03:34 pm
You mean, just like you did?
rick replying to a comment from A / May 27, 2014 at 03:43 pm
Inception.
CanAsian replying to a comment from tripper / May 31, 2015 at 11:42 am
I hate crowded events as well but I actually like and look forward to Pedestrian Sundays. This picture makes it appear as if it's just wall to wall people but it's usually not. I find everyone has plenty of space to wander around the market without feeling claustrophobic.
Greg Hannah / May 31, 2015 at 06:15 pm
They used photos from last year (or some previous year), none of these photos are from today. It's a great event though, if you don't like crowds, don't go - and it's not as busy as the photographs make it look, though it is busy.