Wednesday, April 16, 2014Mostly Cloudy 1°C
Sports & Play

Santas in speedos take to the snowy Toronto streets

Posted by Jesse Milns / December 15, 2013

Santa Speedo Run TorontoThe first major snowfall of the year and minus twenty degree temperatures didn't stop the pack of brave, barely-clad Santas from pounding the pavement for the 8th annual Santa Speedo Run in support of SickKids. The 3K route was centred around midtown and raised $32K for the worthy cause.

See all the scenes in our photo gallery of the 2013 Santa Speedo Run.

lol / December 15, 2013 at 10:11 pm
White People never cease to amaze me
lolz replying to a comment from lol / December 15, 2013 at 10:41 pm
Right!?! It amazes me too that a bunch of people (regardless of their skin colour, 'cause I saw some non white people in the photos) will do something like this to raise money for sick children! Good on them!
Moneesha replying to a comment from lol / December 15, 2013 at 11:11 pm
They do it to get attention.
Jennsanerd replying to a comment from Moneesha / December 15, 2013 at 11:58 pm
And they deserve the attention for supporting a very worthy cause. As someone with a friend's loved one in critical condition at Sick Kids, I'm happy to see people get out there and fight the good fight.

Why don't you strap on a pair of sneakers and join them instead of snarking and hating from behind your laptop?
Lecia / December 16, 2013 at 12:44 am
What the? Where was this? didn't know this was happening at all...
Haters gonna hate / December 16, 2013 at 01:08 am
Yo people, listen, Moneesha is actually a guy named Dave. He puts stuff on here to get attention. Right wing politically incorrect offensive bullshit of all sorts to piss you off cause that's what he wants, your attention. Just ignore it him. Like I'm about to do now lol
matthew replying to a comment from lol / December 16, 2013 at 06:13 am
Regardless of race, people wake up!!! Children are our future if we don't help them who will! I admire them because they could be sitting in their living room having a beer! Remember, sooner or later we will all end up in a HOSPITAL!!!
phuong / December 16, 2013 at 09:52 am
I feel a bitter chill run up my back just looking at these bare people running in the cold. brr
Kenny replying to a comment from lol / December 16, 2013 at 09:53 am
LOL you beat me to it. I was gonna say the exact same thing.
Moran b eeghuzzar / December 16, 2013 at 10:08 am
Was Rob Ford there in a Speedo? I'd pay a dollar for a pic of that quaking mass of gelatin! Doug too!