Thursday, April 24, 2014Mostly Cloudy 8°C
Sports & Play

The Best Tobogganing Hills in Toronto

Posted by Matthew Hayles / February 21, 2009

best tobogganing torontoAfter a freakishly warm thaw, this weekend it appears that the snow will be back in Toronto. But don't let the inclement weather and the economy get you down - tobogganing is winter weekend fun on the cheap.

Dust off that classic sled, purchase a shiny new KrazyKarpet, or just throw a garbage bag under your tushy and hit these eight select slopes in the city.

Christie Pits + Bickford Park
Christie Pits and Bickford Park are technically two different parks, but because they straddle either side of Bloor Street West at Christie, I like to think of them as two great downhill experiences for the walking distance of one. Plus, Christie Pits really has three different hills offering three different kinds of ride. Look out for needles and old condoms.
christiepits_21022009.jpg

Withrow Park
Withrow Park is where I spent my fifth through tenth birthdays, and I have a special place for it in my heart. The hill is steep and and smooth mostly, and its relative shortness is ideal for toddlers and kids at heart. Waves in the slope on the far left side can pitch you on your face if you're not careful. South of the Danforth between Pape and Chester.

A popular spot, the side of the hill gets slippery with packed snow. Luckily, a set of stairs on the far left make for an easy hike.

Riverdale Park
Riverdale Park is where you go when you've had a few too many quaaludes and you climb out of your basement to go sledding with Jack Layton. It has one of the best views of any hill in Toronto, and the slope is as straight as it is steep. If Withrow Park was the tobogganing hill of my inner child's dreams, Riverdale Park is the perfect hill for my inner young adult.

On Broadview, south of the Danforth.

riverdale2_21022009.jpgCrestview Park
The hill here is wide and, sandwiched between two schools, very safe. Located at the peak of Toronto, the view of the city from this hill on Don Mills Rd just south of Finch is perfect on a crisp winter's day. Come for night sledding for extra points.

lithuaniapark_21022009.JPGLithuania Park
Easily one of the best hills in Toronto, Lithuania Park is a mostly undiscovered treat north of the more popular High Park, on Keele. Frequented only by local families, this taller hill offers speed and enough room at the bottom to slow down properly. The hill is slightly curved--to test your skills, try to push your starting spot as far to the left as possible without off-roading into the trees before you reach the bottom.

The top of the hill can get very icy in inclement weather. A smaller hill opposite is a good place to train a little sister or brother.

High Park
The winter sports connoisseur knows that High Park cannot be avoided. Like the Christie+Bickford tag-team High Park offers a variety of hills, but its much larger size and forestation makes the discovery of a new off-road trail as exhilarating as actually riding it. The most popular hill just south of the Grenadier Restaurant is safe for beginners, but can get crowded quickly. Follow Deer Pen Road through the zoo and to the first parking lot for a more challenging ride: but only in high snow! The hillside is mostly stairs.

Sadly, a "Winter Sports Prohibited" sign tops the main hill. Ignore it.

highpark_21022009.jpg

Trinity Bellwoods Park
This well-known park gets points for convenience and character. If you don't already live within walking distance, I'm sure you can find an exhibit opening on Queen or Dundas to pre-ride for. If morning's more your style, tobogganing Sunday + brunch at The Drake or Dakota = sublime! (I imagine: at any rate, it's been added to my to do list).

Good or bad, the hill at Trinity Bellwods Park comes with the trappings of Queen and Dundas. People are nuts.

bellwoods_21022009.jpg

Winston Churchill Park
This acutely artificial slope offers a fast and furious run in a neighbourhood that's rather swish. Even by Toronto standards this is not a tall hill, but its especially steep incline is not for the faint of heart. A mid-range slope, for the sledding enthusiast after a quick thrill. Located on St. Clair W, east of Bathurst.

Photos by anotherfaceinthecrowd, Dubes, Avehouse, and produzentin, from the blogTO Flickr pool.

Sean Galbraith / February 21, 2009 at 12:38 pm
My Toronto includes the wonderful side slope at Centennial Park (just left of the ski runs). I shattered a JT Snowracer on it one year. Good times.
Jerrold / February 21, 2009 at 01:59 pm
Seconded. <a href="http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&;source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=centennial+hill&sll=43.668946,-79.436424&sspn=0.009251,0.022745&g=Dupont+St+%26+Bartlett+Ave,+Toronto,+Toronto+Division,+Ontario,+Canada&ie=UTF8&ll=43.719505,-79.570885&spn=0.147886,0.363922&z=12&iwloc=A&iwd=1&cid=43657101,-79586182,10030364245847005711&dtab=0">Centennial Hill in Etobicoke</a> is legendary. And I broke more than just sleds and bikes on that hill. Oh, the good ol' days... as kids we felt invincible, and had the bruises to prove it.
JIMMY / February 21, 2009 at 05:45 pm
Rennie Park in Swansea!!!!!!!
Angus / February 21, 2009 at 07:43 pm
Are toboggans allowed on the streetcar? If not, will they let me use the bike racks?
Mark H. / February 21, 2009 at 08:25 pm
McNicoll and Birchmount, L'Amoreaux Park behind the tennis club and creek. It beats the pants off of these hills.
James / February 21, 2009 at 09:52 pm
Winston Churchill is outta commission.

New Fences; and thousands of trees, they re-forested the hill!
eagle3 / February 21, 2009 at 10:51 pm
I was going to say Churchill park BEFORE the city put an end to kids being able to tobaggan from the top of the hill. Now you can only ride down half the hill because some paranoid parent probably took it upon themselves to have the city plant trees all over half the top half of the hill to sway kids. So ridiculous! The lip in between used to be awesome, you would shoot off and really fly down the second half of the hill.
RyanB!1 / February 22, 2009 at 02:02 am
I went to Riverdale Park for some tobogganing this winter and it was incredible. Everyone has having a great time, some younger kids there gave my group (7 people) shots of Jager... It was awesoeme, pretty big hill and steep too! We had saucers, GT's and at one point a huge plastic sign that we found and improvised with :)
nigel / February 22, 2009 at 11:09 am
There's also the hill immediately east of Pine Point Arena. You can see it from the 401 between Weston & Islington on the north side. Similar to Riverdale for height and speed.
jamesmallon / February 22, 2009 at 11:48 am
Riverdale Park is both east and west of the Don. You've described the east hill, but if you live nearer the west hill, at the end of Carlton, it's a good slide too. About the same height as the east hill, steeper, shorter, but missing the view of downtown. There is a pedestrian bridge between the two sides of the park, unmaintained by the city in winter, of course.
James / February 22, 2009 at 01:59 pm
I know I'm gonna sound like a narc. But, don't tobaggan on city property! Be a good Torontonian and respect city bylaws.
montrealshorts / February 22, 2009 at 02:12 pm
608-22. Skiing, tobogganing and sledding.

While in a park, no person shall:
A. Ski, toboggan, snowboard, skibob or sled in an area in a park where it is posted to prohibit it; or
B. Fasten or attach a ski, toboggan, snowboard, skibob or sled to any vehicle,
motorized vehicle or motorized recreational vehicle for the purpose of being towed, dragged or otherwise pulled.

So which parks have posted notices and which ones don't?
montrealshorts / February 22, 2009 at 02:13 pm
For your references, the above is from here:

Jerrold replying to a comment from James / February 22, 2009 at 03:00 pm
You're joking, right?
mattyork / February 23, 2009 at 09:44 am
Yeah James.... totally a narc.

My vote's for the East Riverdale hill.... looks pretty tame from the DVP but once you get up top with a 6 foot old-school wooden sled it's more like a cliff. Then you see 10-year-olds ripping it with crazy carpets head-first and you realize you should grow a pair and go for it.

Lots of good times had there. Centennial Hill is riduculous too... definitely broke a GT there.
Sean Galbraith / February 23, 2009 at 10:02 am
The no fun policy would appear to be a CYA measure so they don't get sued when some kid gets killed because they went headlong into a tree.
Andrea / February 23, 2009 at 10:14 am
Winston Churchill Park is where my dad used to take my sister and I kite flying so it's got a special place in my heart for that.
Dave Tabor / February 23, 2009 at 01:14 pm
ahhhh riverdale park. yum. thanks for compiling this list!

if you're in mimico / west end - a couple others:

parklawn north of queensway very similar to lithuania park - small and bigger hills for junior and adult alike.

the school across from rennie park is freakishly amazing too. on the icier days a super high speed drop and a good 30 seconds of run across teh school field. like riverdale - good fun, no poles or trees -- and certainly not as busy.

Dave Tabor / February 23, 2009 at 01:28 pm
A slight coding error on the first link above - the parklawn link is:

Gift Shop Girls / February 23, 2009 at 09:23 pm
Chorlie Park!
michelle / February 24, 2009 at 11:24 am
Adams Park in Scarborough (Port Union south of the 401). perfect for kids and fun for adults too. Memories of broken bones and GT snow racers...http://wikimapia.org/1515585/Adams-Park
Larry / January 11, 2010 at 10:37 am
The slope behind U of T Scarborough, especially if you can get airborne off the storm drain about 2/3 of the way down.
Michael / February 4, 2010 at 05:56 pm
I was just wondering if anyone knew a good hill the has a flat part halfway down, perfect for jumps.
Stacey / February 7, 2010 at 01:33 am
Do you have to bring your own personal sledge ?? or are there people to rent you one ?!!?
Mal / February 7, 2010 at 09:54 am
My favourite hill isn't listed -- and I'm happy to keep it that way.
Bryan / March 8, 2010 at 12:37 am
I'm an East Yorker now and used to always go to Taylor Creek just past the arena. There is actually a parking lot at the top. It's not particularily steep but there is a wooded area which we used to run our GT Snoracers through.

Also Birchmont park is nice. At the bottom of Birchmount there is a path down the bluffs for the truly crazy.
mona / March 8, 2010 at 01:42 am
My childhood favourite was this giaaaaaaaant hill in Markham (mountain sized, really) behind the Milliken Mills Community Centre. On top of this hill, you could see the CN Tower.
Toronto Photographer / December 11, 2010 at 01:38 am
Centennial Park in Etobicoke has the best hill for tobogganing. It's just crazy! I used to go there all the time as a kid with my GT snow racer. :)
Sebastian / December 14, 2010 at 07:14 am
If you're looking for more hills, check out: TobogganHills.com

And if you think it's missing a good hill in your local area, you can easily add it too. :)
tom / December 16, 2010 at 07:45 pm
winston churchill closed because of fences. I remember the good times there but of course some parent thought they would "help people" by closing it down. WHY!!!!!!!!!
Fraser / January 8, 2011 at 12:39 pm
Centennial Hill will always be king. You're only one step down from a proper ski hill when you ride there. Any kid from Etobicoke or Mississauga can tell you at least one awesome story of bailing or colliding with a GT Snow Racer thanks to that hill.
Ana / January 8, 2011 at 12:48 pm
That advice about testing your skills on the far left of the Lithuania Park hill? That's how I broke my little sister's leg. She was sitting in front of me. We hit a tree. I STILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS SHAME.
Tedd / January 8, 2011 at 12:56 pm
Agreed. Centennial Hill will always be king in the area. I grew up there and learned to snowboard there.

Best memory is myself and 25+ friends using a spare 20 X 40 foot heavy plastic swimming pool winter cover for a massive crazy carpet (my parents never forgave me). Basically a mob of people flying down the hill out of control leaving a mass of bodies and destruction behind. It was completely reckless and unsafe and ridiculously fun. I highly recommend everyone do this once!
Stilez / January 8, 2011 at 01:02 pm
Earl Bales Park hills are teh DANGER!!! but oh so good. North York tobogganing/tubing at its best.
Kevo replying to a comment from Angus / January 8, 2011 at 02:59 pm
"are toboggans allowed on the streetcar?" I don't see why not as long as it's not jammed packed (similar to rules with bikes, but more lenient since you can't travel with them, I'd assume).

lol btw, is a hill where you have to look out for needles and used condoms considered one of the best hills in the city? I'll take the possibility of a broken bone from doing something stupid while I toboggan but I don't want a needle or condom in my face when I wipe out :P
j'aime / January 10, 2011 at 12:49 pm
I'm an adult that loves to go tobogganing and I'd like to know what is a better hill to go tobogganing at Riverdale or Christie Pits?
D SLEDDER / January 25, 2011 at 01:16 pm
To j'aime,
I've just been to Fairbanks, Christie Pits, Riverdale, High Park, Lithuania, and Centennial (authorized hill). Christie Pits is a sizable hill, straight down, no obstacles at the end. As I recall, there are some ruts down part of the hill. Best to avoid these if you have any speed. Not a bad hill and if you go by car, parking is right there. You basically go right off the sidewalk. Riverdale has several options in hills and is preferred. The main hill is a mess with ruts and depressions all over the place. It's been beaten to death so much it's almost a mogul. There are nice slopes on the other side of the weed patch, to the south, with few ruts. There are some tree obstacles to avoid. High Park has far too many large trees and shrubs at the bottom where your speed might be the greatest. I'll never go there again in icy conditions. Lithuania is a death trap on my luge in icy conditions. A big rut in the middle. I'll never go again if it ices. Centennial park south of the ski area is like jumping off a cliff. There were injuries there this past weekend and it was closed down. The regular hills to the north nearby are large with few areas with ruts since its a newer hill. Perfect.

If Riverdale is not too busy it's possible to go down two sets of hills in one go, heading south. Avoid the metal fence baseball backstop. I've built myself a luge so speed has become a problem at some of these places.
D SLEDDER replying to a comment from nigel / January 28, 2011 at 09:53 am
To Nigel
I just saw the hill from the #401 yesterday. Looks great. What is the access point and parking for the hill?
D SLEDDER replying to a comment from nigel / January 29, 2011 at 08:46 pm
Went on Pine Point today. Very nice hill. The north side is smoother. The south side is a bit higher but has been beaten to death like most of the other Toronto hills - ruts and bumps. If you have any speed you're in the air, and whacking the ground shortly thereafter. There is a soccer goal post at the far end. Made it that far, but did not see anyone go through the goal post. A couple of little swells in front of it, as a treat if you make it that far. Heard someone broke their collar bone and someone else broke something there. Had to be air lifted out? Please verify. No doubt they went down the south side.
D SLEDDER / January 30, 2011 at 10:12 pm
What about Fergie Brown Park? Weston / Eglinton area. North off Bayliss and Astoria. A good sized hill but biased to the right side. There is a tree on the right at the mid bottom to avoid. Unfortunately the hill is warped to drive you into the tree. Best to start at the top, on the right, and curve to the right. Pretty well a single lane hill. Very scenic and hidden. A little gem and equal to some of the others on this site.
D SLEDDER replying to a comment from JIMMY / January 30, 2011 at 10:15 pm
Went on this hill today. Enjoyed it! Thanks for the tip. Was very busy. The hill is still in reasonable shape - not that many ruts or depressions. Actual walkway wtih steps to help you get back up. A civilized hill.
D SLEDDER / February 4, 2011 at 09:51 pm
Went on Hoggs Hollow today - York Mills and Yonge area. A good graduated slope. A bit like Pine Point but not as steep. Metal playground obstacles at the end of the course but by the time you get there your speed is greatly reduced. Hurt my ribs at Fairbanks Park after getting airborne today going over the sidewalk at the bottom. Fairbanks is not to be underestimated from the east side. The west side looks almost as steep but looks smoother and should be attempted. Also went to Earl Bales but there is no sledding there until after the ski season is finished. Suggestion. Put a helmet on. Brains cannot be transplanted - just ask Sidney Crosby. To Michael - avoid jumps. No sled is made for jumps. I get my shovel out and take them down. We want rapid acceleration and a long run without accidents so we can repeat the run. The season is short and getting shorter every year.
Quentin / February 5, 2011 at 09:21 pm
I know of a big hill in east Scarborough towards Pickering. it is located on the rouge river (little rouge)...i think it's on Twin Rivers Road. just off of Sewells Rd. The parking lot is on the north side of the rouge but has a bridge. sometimes, if the rouge is frozen you'll see snowmobilers going down the river. Very big hill and pretty steep too! don't quote me on the exact road but i know it's almost in pickering if you continue on road Eastbound. Pretty sure it's Twin Rivers!!
Quentin replying to a comment from Mal / February 5, 2011 at 09:23 pm
lol, you got a little secret hill you don't wanna share? i mnetioned a big hill in eastern scarborough located right on the rouge river. almost in pickering. just not sure if it actually has a name. it does have a parking lot and a bridge to cross the rouge.
Quentin / February 5, 2011 at 09:35 pm
I made a spelling mustake, it's TWYN RIVER DRIVE near the metro zoo. Just off Shephard Ave. East, you go down a real steep hill (put your gear in 2, seriously) continue east towards pickering, you'll go a bridge over the big rouge and then you'll see a parking lot near the little rouge. if you keep going, you''ll end up at Altoona Rd. in Pickering and you've gone too far! Don't think they have a name for the hill, but the parking lot is big, and there is a small bridge to walk across the little rouge. but TWYN RIVERS DRIVE is 100 % correct. Enjoy!
Quentin / February 5, 2011 at 09:36 pm
lol, i just realized i mispelled "mistake".
Quentin / February 5, 2011 at 09:56 pm
So i just checked out some other sites, and it seems my suggestion is a great one. apparently it's called SNAKE HILL, you won't be able to find it on a map, but it is indeed on TWYN RIVERS DRIVE just off of Shephard Ave. East. Apparently it was an old ski hill back in the day. i'm suprised not many people know about it, even on other web sites it seems like only one or two people knew of it compared to Christie Pitts or Riverdale.
Sean / February 5, 2011 at 10:04 pm
Centennial Park hires cops to keep sledders off the unauthorized hill.
Gabe replying to a comment from Quentin / February 5, 2011 at 10:42 pm
Yes Snake Hill is in Rouge Valley. Inbetween Scarborough and Pickering.

Nigel replying to a comment from D SLEDDER / February 5, 2011 at 11:16 pm
Hey D Sledder,
Sorry didn't come back to check. Glad you're posting all these! Re: Centennial Park, your suggestion is the hill at the south-east corner of Eglinton & Centennial Park Blvd? Not surprised that ppl got hurt on southside of the ski hill as that's just a steep drop on any kind of raised sled (like GT racer), but the slope immediately adjacent to the ski lift on the south side is usually pretty good.
Last suggestion, even though it's slightly out of town? Albion Hills has a great slope by the entrance to the park (was xc skiing there today) - fast, nice run out, but long way away.
D SLEDDER / February 6, 2011 at 02:54 pm
I went down Riverdale West Park yesterday. Great hill and maybe the best all round hill in Toronto. The hill is in pretty good shape and is in much better shape than the hill on the east side. This might be because of weather patterns, the east taking more direct rain which could erode it, or just more usage on the east. But the west was very busy yesterday. You could hear from the west, the sledders yelling on the east side, right across the Don. Beginners can start at Riverdale West on the south end where the hill is smaller and gradually builds in height to the north where there an ice run.

An old timer told me he could reach the fence on the far east side of Riverdale West. I say B.S. ; the field would have to be ice for that to happen. Tip of the day: I saw somebody with two of those plastic coffin sleds packed together. Padding in between the layers would make sense. These El Cheapo sleds are manufactured to be stacked together to reduce shipping charges, but you take the cost cutting measure, in punishment on your rump. So provide your own padding. The retailers never sold you a finished product.

By the way, those orange sleds "Paris Company Expedition Sled" are darn fast. I went on the ice patch on the north side on my own home made luge and went airborne at the end. No damage. Went unexpectedly airborne at Fairbanks on the east side and bruised a rib two days ago. Taking today off. No sled is built to go airborne. They don't have enough lift and you take a whacking as they stall.

Sledding etiquette 101: when you finish your run, clear the way. Don't stand there chatting with your friends. There's no ski chalet on these hills, so move it. Most accidents are caused by collisions. Yell your lungs out as you go down. It eases the pain.

I'm going to try Snake Hill one day. Thanks, Quentin, Sean, Gabe, Nigel and Matthew Hayles. Classic sledding picture to open this blogsite off the top.
Mike / February 12, 2011 at 09:41 am
Could anyone tell me where the best hill for tubing is? Fast long and obstruction free.
D SLEDDER replying to a comment from Mike / February 12, 2011 at 10:09 pm
Snake Hill. I saw a tubist going down today. No apparent damage. It's also called Twyn Rivers Drive in the Rouge River Park system. It's an abandoned ski slope on the border of Scarborough and Pickering. Currently there are very large chunks of ice at the end of the run, but tubist run out of steam by the time they get to the end. Make no mistake; it's a very serious hill and double the size of Riverdale East or West. Use extreme caution and only go from the top if there is heavy snowfall or the snow is very slow. Otherwise you will pay for it. In other words, go down from 1/2 down the hill. You'll get your money worth and more even from there. There are ruts a bout 1/2 way down which could get you air borne and ruin your day, your week, or your life. Better still go on Riverdale East on the southern part and avoid the trees.
D SLEDDER replying to a comment from Mike / February 12, 2011 at 10:10 pm
D SLEDDER replying to a comment from James / February 22, 2011 at 08:37 pm
Winston Churchill is in commission. The main hill, only. But it is a fantastic hill - the steepest in Toronto.
D SLEDDER / February 22, 2011 at 08:50 pm
Westlake Memorial Park. Also known as Jasper Park. South of Eglinton and west of Weston Road. Easily one of the best all round hills in Toronto. Unknown except to the locals. Includes a fantastic view of Toronto. Accessed by Arnold Avenue to the north or Jasper Avenue on the east. One of my favourites hills. Two sides of the hill to choose from with literally no obstacles.
Adventure / January 18, 2012 at 11:23 pm
great fun, cant wait for summer though, wanna take my electric all terrain skateboard for a spin
hamza khan / February 11, 2012 at 11:45 am
dear blogto can you find any tobogganing hills that four years of age can go and five years of age
hamza khan / February 11, 2012 at 11:47 am
dear blogto can you find a toboganing park that four years of age can go and five years of age please reply back from hamza
Daniel / October 15, 2012 at 06:42 pm
I'M 15 and i'm looking for the fastest/most extreme hill in toronto. anybody know which hill(s) best suit this category?

Any answers greatly appreciated!
bob / November 26, 2012 at 06:59 pm
no wonder your list of toboggan hill is so narrow. you may want to venture to areas of the city where the non-white people live. there are good hills there too. perhaps blogTO should hire writers who actually reflect the population of toronto, instead of hipsters who arrived here for, or after university. looking at your staff list, it's the most oddly mono-culture, almost completely white grouping of people i've seen for a media outlet that is suppose to serve the most multicultural city on earth.
bob / November 26, 2012 at 07:26 pm
Dear blogTO, please stop White Washing Toronto, by limiting your definition of the city, which really is a reflection of your almost 100%, all white writing staff. It took me FOUR pages - 30 to 40 articles - to find the first visible minority in a photo on your main page article list. Toronto is 50% visible minority, except on the pages of blogTO. This explains your limiting of toboggan hills, and exclusion of the rest of the city in your maps and articles. Feel free to delete comments like this again, like you just did. Truth hurts. But yah know, as a lawyer and media savvy activist, I've been collecting race data on your site for over a year. You make the Toronto Police look like the United Nations. So, delete away. You'll hear more from me and my statistical findings On Race, Bias and blogTO, in a much, much larger media forum.
Apu / December 6, 2012 at 07:40 pm
Bob - just take it and go! A sled that is, not a pathetic attitude!
LC replying to a comment from D SLEDDER / December 28, 2012 at 09:03 am
re. Wets Riverdale hill
Yep, I've made it to the fence on that hill. It was icy. We also hit a jump that we didn't see (it was at night), caught some air and compacted a few vertebrae. I agree completely, jumps are really dangerous. Love your idea about layering those thin plastic sleds with cushioning!
LishaBee / December 28, 2012 at 11:07 am
Live in Markham, want to enjoy the beautiful snow tobaganning with the kids but Miliken Mills hill behind the community center is shutdown - that was the best hill in our area. Does anyone know of any other hills in Markham? Want to go today.
Annie replying to a comment from LishaBee / December 29, 2012 at 02:53 pm
Try Milliken Park (at Middlefield and Steeles). It has a ok-sized hill in the south-east corner.
Jenita / December 30, 2012 at 11:55 pm
Theres A Reallly Cool hill on Din Mills & Seneca Hill (In between finch & Sheppard) On The Don Mills School Ground, Its Safe & Cool!!
julia replying to a comment from j'aime / January 7, 2013 at 04:22 pm
where should i go
LishaBee replying to a comment from Annie / January 7, 2013 at 06:03 pm
Annie,
Thank you, not much snow in the GTA but will try Miliken park when there is a snowfall.
Anniella / January 25, 2013 at 10:39 pm
RIVERDALE IS BOSS. Seriously the most beautiful view of donwtown t.o no obstacles that baseball diamond long gone but yes its been worn down. lots of memories
going to brave sanke hill this weekend hope i make it out alive
Mikey G / January 26, 2013 at 02:54 pm
Mazaryktown/ Scarborough Golf Club - Scarborough Golf Club Road.
Manny / February 19, 2013 at 10:49 am
Earl Bales Park at Sheppard and Bathurst (South East) is perfect for kids.
D SLEDDER replying to a comment from LC / February 23, 2013 at 05:08 pm
Just made it to the fence at Riverdale West last night. Ice on the hill and field. The sled just wouldn't stop. Bounced off the fence. Would have been on the Bayview extension if it wasn't for that fence. That's about 500 ft . Almost made it to the fence on the East side - Riverdale East - went past the goal posts anywhays. Same day with icy conditions. February 22, 2013 at night with - 3 C after the melt and slush from the previous day froze. I wear a helmet but I should have worn more protection - bruised a finger and elbows. I ride a homemade luge 5 ft long on a pair of skis with runners angled at 15 degrees.
D Sledder
gnarmann / March 17, 2013 at 08:52 pm
Jasper park aka Westlake Memorial park is by far the best in Toronto. From left to right there are many different grades and usually ramps built. The local fireman also flood an area for hockey.The beer store is close if you are into drunkbogganing. All other hills suck donkey dick compared to this. This hill is in the poor old west end. You might see a black guy with his family there or one of those Latin people.
poopoohedd / March 18, 2013 at 04:16 am
I know that park of which you speak. I went there twice. One time, I saw a guy smoke there. He also said a swear. I think it was "stupid". U was cery ofdended
Symantha / December 14, 2013 at 05:13 pm
Swansea Public School hill at Rennie Park. **Bonus** outdoor skating afterwards!
mamamar / December 15, 2013 at 07:21 am
anybody know of any toddler friendly hills in the east north York area?
Linda Bissinger / January 18, 2014 at 10:55 am
When my girls were little, 35 years ago, we would go to Sunnybrook Park. The more adventurous members of the group would go down the ravine, which was quite an exciting ride. My younger daughter was terrified of that run, so I would walk down on the pathway down the hill to another gentler slope that was perfect for a toddler. The way in was at the gate on ?Rychert Crescent, I think
I haven't been there in years; I must ask my older daughter whether they have gone with the three boys (11, 8, and 5).
Pluckysod / February 5, 2014 at 02:21 pm
Good list as far as it goes, but does BlogTo's Toronto not stretch to the amalgamated city's boundaries? Shame on you, BlogTo, for being too lazy to venture much from downtown.
Orson / February 5, 2014 at 03:53 pm
You guys post this and you still haven't posted "Toronto's 100 best park benches for chugging Listerine"!!!
I'm beginning to think you just aren't listening.
Ken / February 18, 2014 at 12:13 pm
I need a good hill for GT snow racers, something with corners going down, almost like a walking path size