Today in Toronto: Photographers Without Borders, Sail-in Cinema, Feast in the East, Maloo, Blackout Party
Today in Toronto you can dock your boat/butt at Sugar Beach's Sail-In Cinema as the "world's first two-sided floating movie experience" splashes off three nights of free screenings. Tonight they're showing, appropriately, Jaws. Too scary? Take a trip around the world with the Photographers Without Borders Magazine showcase at Hermann & Audrey. If you'd rather take a trip around an ashtray with your tongue (sorry if your parents ever really made you do this), there's a John Waters Trash Bash at the Gladstone. BYO dirty ashtray.
It's also a huge day in the city for live music including Feast in the East, Maylee Todd's MALOO psych pop boogie at Music in St James Park, and Regina (Light Fires)'s Do I Have To Do Everything My Fucking Self? cabaret at SummerWorks. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Photography: Photographers Without Borders (Hermann & Audrey)
- Film: Jaws at Sail-In Cinema (Sugar Beach)
- Music/Performance: Do I Have To Do Everything My Fucking Self? (Lower Ossington Theatre)
- Darkness: Blackout Party (Christie Pits)
- Music: Feast in the East (Jam Factory)
- Music: Maloo (St. James Park)
- Party: The Crush Project present John Waters Trash Bash (Gladstone Hotel)
- Party: Bring Your Own Records! (The Steady)
- Music: High on Fire free show (Adelaide Hall)
- Food: Heroes VS Villains (Cheese Boutique)