Today in Toronto: Jackhammers For Scenic Views, Meow Wow, Beeing in the World, Short Term
Today in Toronto absurdest Toronto-made art film Cold Iron Is A Titanic Comedy is touring the country, and you can catch a rare hometown screening Jackhammers For Scenic Views in a west end art studio that's usually barred to the public in our freak pick of the week for film lovers, the art-addicted, and fans of all things weird. If you prefer sturdy bees to abstract ideas, Penelope Stewarts's current exhibition is bee-rific (sorry) and today an on site panel discussion will bee too (sorry).
At the Gladstone find sexy stories and truth or dare, while at Handlebar Shawn Micallef is taking on brunch in a town where I think you can actually go to prison for that. I'm with you, Shawn (are we all broke because of brunch? I have theories). Toronto investors: ask me about my Cat Brunch Dungeon concept if you've got money to burn. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Art/Film: Jackhammers For Scenic Views (Art Zoo Studio)
- Film: Short Term (outdoors, Regent Park)
- Art: Beeing in the World: Artistic Perspectives on Nature and Culture (Koffler Centre of the Arts)
- Lit/Brunch: The Trouble with Brunch - Cereal Bar Launch Party (Handlebar)
- Lit/Erotica: Tell Me Something Good (Gladstone)
- Comedy: Holodeck Follies (Social Capital Studios)
- Art: Meow Wow; A Cat & Lady Art Show (Steam Whistle Brewery)