Today in Toronto: Ashkenaz Fest, Short Cuts, Rant and Rave, Spider-Man 2, Tom Petty, Eshan Rafi
Today in Toronto the Ashkenaz Festival of international Jewish culture starts a week (August 26 to September 1) of festivities at Harbourfront Centre. You'll find music, food, crafts, and more. TIFF is screening Robert Altman's Short Cuts featuring Tom Waits, Frances McDormand, Lily Tomlin, Robert Downey Jr. and more in a film expertly patches together a collection of super gloomy Raymond Carver stories, including my supreme personal weakness, tear-jerker A Small, Good Thing. Sniffle.
Headed to the CNE? The second-to-only appearance of a female on stage at the Bandshell is today! Check out PRTY H3RO with These Kids Wear Crowns and Eleven Past One. I can't actually promise this "Toronto based hip-hop-dance-rock trio" will be good, but it's the CNE - you'll be too high on fatty foods to know what's going on. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Community: Ashkenaz Festival (Harbourfront Centre)
- Music: Retro Futura Tour w/ Tom Bailey (Kool Haus)
- Dads/Moms: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (ACC)
- CNE/Music: These Kids Wear Crowns (CNE)
- Music: Castle If (811)
- Film: Summer Cinema at Fort York - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Fort York)
- Geek: IGDA Toronto Rant and Rave Night 2014 (OCAD)
- Art/Dinner: Eshan Rafi's TOUCHING / DIANA (Videofag)