Today in Toronto: Alvvays, Open Roof, Indie Blender, Lido Pimienta, Raconteurs, Spookey Ruben, Mooz-Lum
Today in Toronto you can catch the first of Alvvays' two shows at the Horseshoe. Alvvays hold the distinction of being the only Toronto band to release something catchy this summer. If I'm wrong let me know as I'm not an authority on catchyness, like you, but watch this video first to lighten your outrage.
Free film-wise Open Roof is screening the Grand Budapest Hotel with a musical performance by Ascot Royals, but if you want something with some substance Mooz-lum at Regent Park is a smarter choice. Saving the best for last, SummerWorks will present Lido Pimienta and Natasha Greenblatt doing a one-time collab called The Secret Garden of Lido Pimienta. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Music: The Secret Garden of Lido Pimienta (Lower Ossington Theatre)
- Film: Open Roof Festival - Grand Budapest Hotel + Ascot Royals (99 Sudbury)
- Film: Outdoor screening of Mooz-Lum (Daniels Spectrum)
- Variety: Spookey Ruben's Dizzy Playground (Supermarket)
- Music: The Indie Blender's 1 Year Anniversary (Dakota)
- Fashion: Raconteurs Storytelling & WORN present "FASHION" (Tranzac)
Photo of Alvvays by Irina No