Here is the best salvage and reclaimed furniture in Toronto.
Read my review of RED Nightclub in the bars section.
Read my profile of the Parkdale location of Kid Icarus in the design section.
The 484 Yonge Street project, which is being developed to designs by Quadrangle Architects, would extensively alter the west side of the street just north of College. Almost all of the existing structures would be torn down, save for the 144-year-old timepiece that juts bizarrely out the roof of a music store.
Toronto Restaurant Openings: Norling, Blackbird Bistro, The Dirtybird, Roses New York, Jatujak, Old School
- The Vegan Duchess, a new raw organic quickserve concept, is now open at 2354 Yonge St.
- Tacorrito has opened the doors to its first location at 320 Richmond St. East, Unit 107 (on Sherbourne).
- Schnitzel Queen is now open in its new home at 211 Queen St. East after a successful crowdfunding campaign to fund the upgrade.
- Norling, a Tibetan restaurant, is now open at 1512 Queen St. West in Parkdale. The new eatery specializes in Tibetan and Hakka cuisine.
- Cuban brunch destination La Cubana has finally opened its second location at 82 Ossington Ave.
- Blackbird Bistro has transitioned from the Rustic Owl Cafe (993 Bloor St. West) to a destination for casual daytime and dinnertime menus.