Read my profile of Burdock in the restaurants section.
Fran's celebration plans for their big birthday event at Yonge and Front include retro austerity measures that will have you digging out your hair rollers: the original Fran's menu is coming back for one afternoon only - including the 1940s pricing that came with it.
- Kanpai Snack Bar, a new Cabbagetown joint serving up authentic Taiwanese street food with hand-crafted cocktails, is ready to open any day now at 252 Carlton St.
- Cafe Novo, the organic and fair-trade coffee house has moved from Bloor West Village and is now open at its new home is at 254 Augusta Ave. in Kensington Market.
- Newly opened, Soi Thai Street Food is serving up satay skewers and Gung Lui Suan in its casual dining room at 651 College St.
- Cocina Economica, the new east-side offshoot in the Playa Cabana family, opens April 30 at 114 Berkeley St. in Corktown.
Today in Toronto: Hot Docs, AGO Massive, Kids in the Hall, Anna Karenina, Escape from the Bank, Jessy Lanza
The AGO's 2015 Massive mega party will celebrate their Basquiat exhibit with a tribute to NYC's '80s avant-garde scene by artists including Toronto's TALWST. Kids in the Hall will kick off four dates, while the Black Box Theatre will be transformed into a '20s bank for by Real Escape Room T.O.. Jessy Lanza is back with River Tiber and Allie, and the Eifman St. Petersburg Ballet is in town with classic Anna Karenina. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Film: Hot Docs (Bloor Cinema)
- Party: Massive: Hotbed (AGO)
- Comedy: Kids in the Hall (Danforth Music Hall)
- Dance: Eifman St. Petersburg Ballet Presents: Anna Karenina (Sony Centre)
- Music: Jessy Lanza (Tattoo)
- Paranoia: Escape from the Bank (Great Hall)
- Film: Michael Snow's La Region Centrale - Free (TIFF)
- Art: Afrika Galaktika (Videofag)
- Lit: Bookmobile Launch (Art Metropole)
- Film: Trash Palace: Puppet On A Chain (Cinecycle)