Here are 10 fun things to outdoors this winter in Toronto.
Here are my picks for the top fish and chips by Toronto neighbourhood.
The best fish and chips in Toronto
The top 10 under the radar fish and chips in Toronto
The Junction, briefly the independent City of West Toronto, was annexed in 1909, five years after the town declared itself alcohol free. Remarkably, the prohibition of alcohol within the neighbourhood persisted until 1997, around the time gentrification began to take hold. Today, condos are sprouting inside former factories, but there are still pockets where manual labour persists.
Here are 10 quirky things to know about the Junction.
Read my profile of Afterburn Fitness in the fitness section.
- Schnitzel Hub, a European bistro and bar that already boasts one Thornhill location, is now open at 1415 Yonge St. where Chef of India used to be.
- Raise the Root Organic Market, the new retail outfit from the same folks behind Front Door Organic delivery service, celebrates their grand opening this weekend at 1164 Queen St. East.
- Baju, a new southern BBQ concept from Zane Caplansky, is now operating inside the Monarch Tavern (12 Clinton St.)
- HG Bar & Restaurant at 3585 Keele St. is now open in North York, serving up German beer and wood-smoked pork hocks.
- New vegetarian takeout counter Veghed is now open at 1199 Dundas St. West.
Thursday art openings include Neubacher Shor in Parkdale showing Jen Mann's enormous works, with titles like "garbage selfie," on canvas, and local gutter goth label Deth Records will hosting a tech inspired art show at The White House in Kensington Market. For more events, click on over to our events section.