Today in Toronto: Maestro Fresh Wes at 416RISE, HAIL, CSI Pop Up Market, Julianna Barwick, IAIN BAXTER&
- Music: Julianna Barwick (Double Double Land)
- Poetry: 416RISE (Daniels Spectrum)
- Fashion: CSI Pop Up Market - Celebrate Spring (Centre for Social Innovation)
- Art: Communicating Vessels (Blackwood Gallery)
- Film: Toronto Premiere of Amiel Courtin-Wilson's HAIL (Camera)
- Party: Weekday Nitelife (The Beaver)
- Lit: TMI Tales - Limber Up! (Henhouse)
- Cult: Chiaroscuro Reading Series (Round)
Toronto Hydro said the blackout was caused by a Hydro One transmission issue. While the city was dark, the outage map on the electricity provider's website was down due to a surge in demand. At its greatest extent, the problem affected most of the west end south of the 401, parts of downtown west of Yonge, and the Port Lands. A small pocket in the Beach also appeared to get hit.
The group of experts who advise city staff about how to blend new developments with the public realm is worried the size of condos proposed at 50 Bloor Street West, 2 Bloor Street West (which already has OMB approval,) 37 Yorkville Avenue, and 1 Yorkville Avenue could ruin the livability of the upscale neighbourhood.
Here are the top 5 bike trails in Toronto.