New renderings of the planned development by Hariri Pontarini Architects show in greater detail the massive redevelopment project that could engulf (but retain) the International Style Toronto Star headquarters with two hotels, new office space, a theatre, and a significant amount of new residential property.
Here are the best cheap sushi restaurants in Toronto.
Read our guide to the food vendors at Market 707 in the restaurants section.
- The Depanneur (1033 College Street) presents Colombian Bandeja Paisa for Mother's Day by Cookie Martinez on Saturday, May 11th. Tickets are $40 and include mini patacones to start, as well as her mother's recipe for bandeja paisa and a selection of cookies for dessert.
- Spirit of Toronto returns to Roy Thomson Hall (60 Simcoe Street) on Saturday, May 11th bringing together 100+ single malts, premium spirits, tutored tastings, live jazz, classic cocktails, and a poolside cigar bar along with a table d'hôte menu from Daniel et Daniel.
- Church Aperitivo Bar (1090 Queen Street West) hosts an evening of Wine Tasting and Italian Cuisine from Chef Sacca's kitchen on Wednesday, May 15th from 7 to 10pm.
- TIFF's Food on Film series returns on Wednesday, May 15th at 6:30pm with food activist, Anita Stewart present to offer insight to the documentary Food Inc.. Single tickets are now available for $35.
- Gladstone Hotel (1214 Queen Street West) hosts a Spring Beer Tasting on Wednesday, May 15th between 6 and 8pm in the Melody Bar. Priced at $20 per person the tasting event features four local breweries and hors d'oeuvres.
All the rules and fine-print can be found in the original announcement post on the blogTO Flickr page. One thing to add, however, is that the voting period ends at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, after which the winner will be contacted with the good news.