Today in Toronto: Feature Art Fair, IFOA, TWiMFeST, Fashion Week, Warehouse Sale, Pistol George Warren
For indie music fans unfortunately capitalized TWiMFeST, a merger of two names in the local scene, is also new - positioning themselves against NXNE, NXNE is giving away tickets to their show, so who even knows what's going on. Check out our preview here. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Art: Feature Art Fair (Joey & Toby Tanenbaum Opera Centre)
- Lit: International Festival of Authors (Harbourfront Centre)
- Music: TWiMFeST
- Film: Why Horror TADFF Screening (Scotiabank Theatre)
- Party: Fashion Week After Party (CUBE)
- Art: TUMBLR.HELL (White House)
- Lit: Book Launch Party (#Hashtag Gallery)
- Music: Pistol George Warren (Silver Dollar)
- Fashion: Fashion Week - designer warehouse sale (Heritage Court)
- Fashion: Philistine Four Year Anniversary Party (Philistine)
What sets these gyms apart from the pack, however, boils down to a few things: Beautiful, well-kept facilities, ample workout equipment and class offerings, convenient hours and locations, and friendly staff. Everything you need to go from couch potato to gym rat is right here.
Here are the best fitness clubs in Toronto.
The best specialty fitness clubs in Toronto
The best crossfit gyms in Toronto
The best spinning classes in Toronto
The best yoga studios in Toronto
The best martial arts in Toronto
The best boxing gym in Toronto
The best pilates in Toronto
The best personal trainers in Toronto
Toronto's western neighbourhoods are also home to numerous tantalizing curiosities, including remnants of a lost village absorbed and almost erased by the encroachment of modern industry, a massive and ornate Hindu temple, a pioneer cemetery landlocked by highway ramps, and a tiny fragment of a cancelled light rail line at Kipling station.
Here are 10 quirky things to know about Etobicoke.
It's no surprise the neighbourhood is a hotbed for ethnic food and wholesome outdoor activities - there's definitely no roti or greenery quite like Scarborough's anywhere else in the GTA. The area may have an undeserved bad reputation, but there are quite a lot of things to do in its 188 square kilometres.
Here's how to spend a day in Scarborough from morning until late night.