Read my profile of America in the restaurant section.
Because it has absolute authority over its own affairs, Singapore is able to control its urbanity to a much greater degree than Toronto, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of good city-building ideas within our reach. Here are 5 things Toronto could learn from one of Asia's leading commercial hubs.
This week on DineSafe: Maroli, Moe Pancer's, Gangster Burger, The Burgernator, 5th Element, Wayne Gretzky's
Here are some other lowlights from this week on DineSafe.
It's also a heavy day for concerts: Lykke Li, EMA, and Erasure are all playing tonight, and transient venue/org Somewhere There will make an early appearance at the Tranzac with HA!Man Rob Clutton & Pete Johnston and HA!Man South Africa & Joke Debaere Belgium. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Lit: David Cronenberg In Conversation With Geoff Pevere (Isabel Bader Theatre)
- Music: Lykke Li (Kool Haus)
- Film: Children 404 (Bloor Hot Docs Cinema)
- Design: The Perimeter Series: Design and National Identity (Design Exchange)
- Music; Somewhere There Presents... Ha!Man/Debaere Clutton/Johnston duo (Tranzac)
- Music: EMA (Drake Hotel)
- Music: Erasure (Danforth Music Hall)