- Government offices and banks
- Public post offices are closed, and regular mail collection and delivery takes the day off.
- Outdoor swimming pools, wading pools and splash pads will all be open. Swimming pool schedules are available online.
- All five City golf courses will be open. See hours and locations posted online.
- The TTC will operate on holiday service schedule with a start time of 6am.
Here are my picks for five of the most underrated hip hop artists from Toronto.
Toronto Food Events: Toronto Food Truck Festival, Vegan Food & Drink Fest, Twilight Tuesday, PintxosTO
- The third annual Pan American Food Festival starts July 30 and runs through to August 3. The festivities take place at Daniels Spectrum (585 Dundas St. East) and will include competitive cook-offs, demos by international chefs, Latin dance workshops, and a vendors market.
- The Toronto Food Truck Festival is on this weekend at Woodbine Park. The food truck rally runs Saturday, August 1 and Sunday, August 2 from noon to 9pm and admission is free for the full day of street food, beer and live music.
- Twilight Tuesdays return for the month of August in the parkette adjacent to the Drake One Fifty (150 York St.). The weekly event kicks off on August 4, with vendors including Momofuku, Thoroughbred, and Libretto all present and hawking street foods. Tickets are $5 at the gate and can be redeemed for any one dish or drink.