Today in Toronto: One of a Kind, Brazil Film Fest, Full Frame, Althea Thauberger, Cellphone, AKIN Crit
The Brazil Film Fest will run all weekend (Nov 27 - 30) at the TIFF Bell Lightbox. The fest opens with Getulio, the story of President Getúlio Vargas's suicide in 1954. If you've been meaning to check out AKIN Collective's crits, MOCCA's invited them to host one at their temporary bar tonight. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Craft: One of a Kind Show and Sale (Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place)
- Film: Brazil Film Fest (TIFF)
- Art: Althea Thauberger (Susan Hobbs Gallery)
- Comedy: BeerProv presents "The Draft" (Comedy Bar)
- Music: Cellphone EP release (Double Double Land)
- Art: Full Frame Holiday Print Show (Ryerson Artspace)
- Art: AKIN Crit at MOCCA (MOCCA)
- Theatre: Butcher launch party (Videofag)
- Film: Best of Toronto Short Films (Carlton Cinemas)
Sometimes cocktails and other alcoholic drinks get added to the menu as night falls, while other locations stay true to their coffee shop roots and just keep pumping that caffeine until they close. And if those late coffees keep you up all night, I take no responsibility.
Here are the best late night cafes in Toronto.
Here are my picks for the top Black Friday sales in Toronto for 2014.