What's open and closed on Canada Day 2014 in Toronto. For info about fireworks happenings check this post out.
- Government offices and banks
- No mail delivery
- Outdoor swimming pools, wading pools and splash pads will all be open on Canada Day. Swimming pool schedules are available online.
- All five City golf courses will be open and offer holiday rates on July 1. See hours and locations posted online.
- The TTC will operate on holiday service schedule with a start time of 6am.
- Major chains like No Frills, Fresh Co., Loblaws, Sobeys, Metro, T&T and Whole Foods will be closed with few confirmed exceptions listed below.
- Arz Fine Foods (1909 Lawrence Avenue East) - 9:30am to 6pm
- Bloorstreet Market (55 Bloor St. West) - 11:00am to 6pm
- Galleria (865 York Mills Road) - 7am to 12am
- Metro (444 Yonge Street) - open 24 hours
- Loblaws (60 Carlton Street) - 10amw to 8pm
- Pusateri's (57 Yorkville Avenue) - 7:30am-6pm; (1539 Avenue Road and Bayview Village) - 8am-6pm
- Sobey's Urban Fresh (777 Bay Street, Suite 427) - 7am to 11pm
- T&T Supermarket (7070 Warden Avenue) - 9am to 10pm
- T&T Supermarket (9255 Woodbine Avenue) 9am to 10pm
- Whole Foods Yorkville (87 Avenue Road) - 10am to 6pm
- The Beer Store af LCBO stores will be closed.
- Steam Whistle (255 Bremner Blvd) - retail store and tours from noon to 6pm
- Mill St. retail store (21 Tankhouse Lane) - 11am to 8pm
- Amsterdam Brewhouse & Retail Store (245 Queens Quay West) - retail store 11am to 11pm, brewhouse until 1am
- Amsterdam Brewery and retail store (45 Esandar Drive) - retail store 11am to 9pm
- Eaton Centre (220 Yonge Street) - 10am to 6pm
- Square One Shopping Centre (100 City Centre Drive) - 11am to 6pm
- Vaughan Mills (1 Bass Pro Mills Drive, Vaughan) - 10am to 7pm
- Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Avenue East) - 11am to 8pm
- Dufferin Mall
- Sherway Gardens
- Fairview Mall (with the exception of restaurants)
- Scarborough Town Centre
- Bayview Village (with the exception of some restaurants)
- The Art Gallery of Ontario
Did I miss anything? Add it to the comments below. Photo by Tom Podolec in the blogTO flickr pool.