Now hiring: Associate Editor / Web Producer
Now that we mostly have our Valentine's Day plans taken care of it's time for us to focus on finding someone to help us out with some things around here. And what better person than you? Yup, we're looking for the next superstar Associate Editor / Web Producer, someone who has the passion to be part of our team of raving Toronto enthusiasts but also the knowledge and skills to get the job done.
Here are the qualifications we're looking for in an ideal applicant.
- You have experience in an Editorial and/or Web Production role at a web or mobile focused app or publication.
- You are mobile savvy and must own either an iPhone 5c, 5s or 4s OR an Android phone using an operating system 4.1x or above.
- You have your own laptop, copy of Photoshop and know how to use it at an expert level.
- You are HTML-literate (you understand the basics and can recognize, write and edit basic code for hyperlinks, alt tags and other formatting.)
- You know how to create Google maps.
- You have experience working with Wordpress, Movable Type or a similar CMS.
- You are extremely organized and detail oriented.
- You have demonstrated online writing ability via a Journalism degree or related experience.
- You are knowledgeable about SEO best practices.
- You currently live in Toronto and consider yourself "in the know". Your friends are always asking you for suggestions of what to do and where to go.
And here's what you can expect to be doing.
- Assisting and collaborating with current editorial team with day to day operations.
- Working with our team of staff and freelance writers and photographers.
- Copy editing posts.
- Sourcing and editing photos to site specifications.
- Formatting posts.
- Research and database maintenance.
- Community management, social media execution and oversight.
- Creating Google maps and other related web production.
- Comment moderation.
- Post idea generation, execution and editorial planning.
- Breaking news coverage.
For more details, just send an email to jobs [at] blogto [dotcom]. In your email to us, please state/include the following:
- A bit of information about who you are and why you'd like to be on the team
- Details and information about how you meet the above qualifications.
- A link to your LinkedIn profile or online resume detailing related education and/or work experience.
Please note: This role is ideally suited to someone with about 1-2 years work experience in a similar role. The position is full time, available immediately and will start with a 3 month contract. When not in the field, you should expect to work out of our modern office space in the heritage-award winning Dineen Building.
Thanks in advance for your interest. We aim to respond to everyone who submits a complete, qualifying application as detailed above.