What's open on New Year's Day in Toronto
What's open on New Year's day in Toronto is probably only a relevant question to those who don't drink themselves beyond basic functionality the night before -- or at least that's true of the hours before noon. Nevertheless, here's a quick look at what's open and closed over the next two days or so.
- LCBO and Beer Store locations are open until 6pm (but they'll be a zoo all afternoon!)
- Shopping malls and major grocery stores are generally open until 6pm as well.
- Banks are open until 3pm.
- TTC Service will be as usual until 12:01am, at which point it will become free.
New Year's Day
Almost everything is closed, except for...
- TTC service is on a Sunday schedule
- The Eaton Centre (12-5pm) and Pacific Mall (regular hours)
- Food Depot and Rabba grocery stores
- Major attractions like the ROM, AGO, CN Tower and the Zoo
- Public skating rinks
- Rob Ford will host the annual New Years Levée at City Hall from 2 to 4pm
Greasy food options for the morning after
Probably the most useful information on this list, here's where to find some food that'll help sop up the hangover.
For more food options, check out our post on the best 24 hour restaurants in Toronto (though I've only confirmed with the businesses above). And if you know of places that are open, tip us off in the comments.